smithaprasad80@yahoo.com

Hi,
I am looking at a new way of inducting the Senior Management.We have them joining in one's and two's. Once they complete their joining formalities they are introduced to the other Senior Managementt. We are looking at something for an AVP level and above.Please help me by sharing some best practices or ideas how we could go ahead and make induction a WOW experience for the senior Management. Need to come out with a plan by the 12th of this month. kindly help.
Regards,
Smitha

From India, Mumbai
Sujatha Suresh
Hi Smitha,

As A soft skills Facilitator I often come across Team Leads and above who join an established Company fresh. Now some of their juniors end up knowing a lot more about the Company structure,procedures, who's who list,what's on & what's not . Induction for 1 or 2 is not viable is what they say.

So firstly Good you are working on this.

Secondly see the areas I have mentioned where new entries at Mid and Senior levels find a challenge. Also it would be helpful if Avps get the competency list of the direct juniors or the ones who report to them.

Having mentioned the areas now the WOW methods...

1. A ppt for the Company related formalities + a Handout (presented by a vibrant coordinator a week before joining)

2. An informal dinner with those who will be directly reporting. So as to get the Highs and lows of the particular Department (This also a little before the induction)

3. Sharing the Competency list on day of joining.

4.A bulleted & priority rated listed paper which is in line with the AVPs plan of Action. A brief about each listed point would be welcome.

Finally this AVP should attend a session or two of the seniors addressing new entries...

Ok? Not Ok?....

Have a nice day!

Sujatha

From India, Bhilai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.