sgurwe03

Hi
With reading your posting, I must firstly thank that you took an lead to bring changes in your org. It must you must start the trend. Let other follow the trend. If you do have group of friends in your org. start with them to wear the ID Cards. Seeing wearing the ID Cards may other will start wearing he cards. I'm using a crude words just to say, but few of the employee have a mentality like, they- they are in private sector, but they work like a government sector. Keep going, with your thoughts, and rest will follow u. Bye.

From India, Nagpur
PSB

Dear CHAMU,
I have understood the problem and the organizational culture you are working with. In most of these situations the owner or top bosses donot like this attitude they are highly professional. So you can put your requirement in writing to your top bosses not before HR Manager. I think you will certainly get positive reply.
Prasad
Asst. Prof.
SIBACA_ Lonavala

From India, Pune
bharath_304
Hi!
I think its a Tough sutuation to handle but there is always a better way to do the things.
Please build good relations with the employees, once they ur r close to them slowly educate them abt ur company's culture and how can it be effeced by our attitude.
But u should not get disappointed and most importantly u should have patience and perseverance.
Hope this can help u
Good Luck
Bharath.

From India, Madras
unusual_indu

Hi Chamu

First of all I would like to appreciate the way you have replied to all the posts made on this thread. Secondly most of the members have already put forward valuable tips for handling the situation., i would just like to add my bit to it.

I have worked ina call centre for a brief period of time and I would like to share my experience with you in this regard .I was a memeber of the HR team and intially I was very strict with people about wearing id cards but later on I found out since the majority of staff are in the age group-18-25 they hate people bossing around or being strict. As other members have pointed out first they need to accept you as a part of the team only then they will listen to you.Befriend them and explain in your own words why it is necessary to wear an i card. At times I also used to complement them on their snap on the icard( nothing official about It,just wanted to keep the spirits light)

Moreover maybe they think that HR and training are 2 different functions and you as a trainer cant comment on i-cards, so if you really want to bring about discipline then cordinate with the HR department and you can jointly implement such changes.

Note: As always wonderful post by Mr Samvedan

I hope my post makes sense to you

From India, Pune
toughnut2crack
Well Chamu, in my opinion the best thing possible in your case is to appraise your seniors about it and would try to seek role clarity.
Rather than pushing things you as a trainer should lead by examples & being able to show the importance of change.

I am a Soft skill TRAINER in a concern, and here non of the staffs are not having the corporate culture.

i am bringing lot and lots of new ideas regards to training - for example in the recents days i got a permission from the ops manager and then i send a mail to every body that every body in the office will wear their ID cards.

In return i got the negative signs from the managers itself.

Today i asked one the executive that why she is wearing Jeans , on weekdays and she is giving a answer saying that only HR manager told her to wear.

then i went and asked this to the HR manager about this and to my surprise she is saying that i am feeling nothing wrong in it and she is a back office executive ,so nothing matters, however only if you go to the client place you need to wear formals. and if i going to ask her why you r wearing jeans , surely she will tell me that " mam even ur team wear it".

in this office the managers are not following the office culture and they are not letting me to do my job as a trainer.

what should i do -- can i resign my job or what is ur suggestions .

Please ensure everybody reads my scrap and please do give me ur valuable suggestions.

thanks in advance.:confused::confused::confused:[/quote]

From India, Calcutta
sharmaneesu

Hi
same prblm i have faced whn i shifted into HR. but the first thing i did was my itroduction through a short mail forwarded by the mgmt to all that I am here to take care all these activities.
By that way i got mgmt support in my activities.
the same you have to do. whatever you have to implement, put a stamp of your mgmt, only then others will follow up.
u will find this difficult only once, after that you need not to show them tht you are so imp. they will obey you.
Neesu sharma

From India, New Delhi
AMIT JOSHI
Hi,
Firstly resigning is not the way, you need to see that are the staff motivated to follow what you say ...?
Then run session which will motivate them and make them feel better from withing to wear formals etc..
It will be a long process but you need to hold on till, this may happen to you in any org you go, it how you take it....
Also make sure that you put across your word taking in confidence the senior management, that is the key ....
All the best
AJ

From India, Mumbai
Sreeramca

Hi Chamu,

Looks like you want to do every thing at one go, which is little difficult. There are few point to which I request you to do a quick analysis
  • How much it (all your concerns) affects individual member’s contribution to the organization?
  • Do you get support from Top management in such initiatives?
  • Do all the employees aware of dress code and is it been told during Induction or any other such orientation programs?
If you have NO for the first one, Then I suggest just ignore all your concerns for time being and focus on your training, how it will help them to be better performers. This will create positive atmosphere for you to persuade them on the other walks of life

If you feel top management’s is not sufficient, probe a little, build solid case to show them why it is important and how it will impact the business. Very importantly, tell them your plan (if you are responsible) & what support you expect from them

If awareness is an issue, then there are different ways in which you can do this. But remember to do it with a person whom they respect and relate to with in the organization.

Such a kind of initiative requires lots of support from everyone. I am sure if you can plan it well, you will achieve what you wanted to.

I am sorry if have hurt your feelings in any way

Regards,

From India, Madras
Shantanu Jahagirdar
Dear friend,i am also facing the sameproblem what u r,the only difference is I amsuffering on different paltform.But never give up,just people r not executing what is recommended u r ready to leave & got frustrated.Dear this is the starting,if u want to change system,be in the system(page 3).Never ever give up,take it as challenge,thats what will make ur mind execute everything.I wud not b the right person to suggest solution,as i dont know the actual scene,but remember,PROBLEMS R THE ONLY WAY TO HIDE THE SOLUTIONS.
NEVER GO BACK IN ANY CONDITION,MAKE SURE WHEN U GO BACK,IT IS ALWAYS FOR A LONG JUMP.

From India, Pune
prakhar_ss@yahoo.co.in
Well Mr. Chamu, in your case you are standing in front of all and all against you. Why?
I feel because you are trying to change the culture which is already prevailing in that organization. When we come from different organizations it is our duty to blend with people, job, profile but most important is to blend with the culture. When no two people of this world are alike, how can the cultures be.
Try to blend with them, leaving job should be the last thing you must think. If you leave job it reflects your succeptibility power.
Mr. Chamu you are a good guy with good ideas but it should be told only when you have someone to listen. If not then you have to listen & not just hear.
Wishing you all the best for your future endeavors.
Prakhar Aditya Dwivedi

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.