No Tags Found!

whiplashavalon
Should a person hide the fact that his service was terminated from the last employer on disciplinary issues?how should it be handled when the person goes for a new job.
From India, Ahmadabad
dlghr89

HI,
Honesty is the best policy.
We may think that the moment it is disclosed that the services were terminated on disciplianry issues it is and end of the carreer. If it is hidden then any time this can come out either by the antecedent verification or any post process and may lead to further complications.
It can be explained, and also can be indicated that due to certain misunderstanding this had happened and the previous employer did not have any leneiency. There are instances of people having got employment after making such revealtions and confessions.
The only case where it becomes extremely difficult to convince is that of termination on grounds of breach of inetgrity and sexual harassment.
Kind regards
Dayanand L Guddin

From Singapore, Singapore
whiplashavalon
Hi Dayanand,
You have a valid point there.Well my reason for termination was that I was drunk in office.Its a first offence Ive ever had in my decade long well run career through various organisations.Would this be a 'breach of Integrity'?Having been there for just a little over a month should I write it off my CV?

From India, Ahmadabad
anilkhot

Hi,
I agree with the views of Mr. Dayanand.
I would also suggest that you should approach your previous employer and request him to convert your termination into resignation by submitting resignation of the same date.
I believe that no prudent employer would like to spoil the career of an employee and he will definately accept your resignation.
ANIL KHOT

From India, Mumbai
dlghr89

Hi,
You may just right it off.
This does not amount to breach of integrity but amounts to act subversive of discipline.
However the better way to present in case this needs to be admitted, then you may indicate that due to late night partying you went to the office in a hangover.
Kind regards
Dayanand L guddin

From Singapore, Singapore
gumbisolomon
I agree, but the question will always come up as to why you left your previous employer. So be honest about your reasons for dismisal and also explain what steps you have taken to prevent such occurences happening again.
From South Africa, Johannesburg
securityexpert

Dear Whiplashavalon
Under the circumstances you can write it off your CV. A one month gap can easily be explained by saying that you took a break and were looking for suitable opportunities.
Securityexpert

From India, New Delhi
whiplashavalon
Hi..thanks for the replies..I can request my previous employers to give me a relieving letter..Also,are HR and senior people in organisations open to honesty if I was to tell them the truth during an interview..or does this type of honesty backfire..i want to come clean and dont want to be pulled up at a leter date..the world is a small place..
From India, Ahmadabad
whiplashavalon
Thanks Securityexpert, Its a good idea to write it off.Thats what I want to do also, but should’nt I have a relieving letter?Also do all companies do checks of previous employment?
From India, Ahmadabad
securityexpert

Dear Whiplashavalon.
It will be ideal if you can get a relieving letter from your previous employer. All companies do not coduct background checks of previous employment but most of them do.
Securityexpert

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.