SMaharajan
Dear All, Some people are telling that I am not eligible and some people told I am eligible. I am totally confused. I didn’t get the clear solution.
From United States, Redwood City
guru_home

without completing 5 full years of continuous service, you will not eligible for getting gratuity amount. If you go to the court, you may get (chance is only 50%) after spending so much money........will you?
From India, Mumbai
raams056

Dear Maharaj, Your not eligible to get Gratuity.Your gratuity is tenable only if your have completed 4 years 10 months & 18 days should be deemed to have completed continuous service of five years.
From India, Madras
prasad.varakala@spandanaindia.com

Hi Denzil,
As per Payment of Gratuity Act Employer need not to pay for those who have not completed 5 yrs of service, as you mentioned LIC Paying...LIC will not pay their money, the money/fund has to be deposited by Employer only, certain cases Employer can give Gratuity for not eligible people, its totally Employer well & wish but as per Act it is not compulsory for not completed 5 yrs people except in the case of tamilanadu as they got order from Madras High Court.
Insurance companies are having diff plans for Gratuity redemption amount payble. even 2 yrs completion, they will pay, but finally its a Employer call as the fund is depositing from their pocket.
Pl correct me if i am wrong.
Regards,
Prasad

From United States, Cambridge
DENSCR
Hi Prasad
WHAT i HAVE SPOKEN OF IS FROM EXPERIENCE OF SUBMITTING CLAIMS BETWEEN 4.8 YEARS AND 5 YEARS AND THEY HAVE GOT THEIR GRATUITY FROM LIC. THEY HAVE INFORMED US THAT 4.8 YEARS IS THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GRATUITY.
Regards
Denzil

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.