No Tags Found!

sreedq

Dear Friends,
Requesting a valuable feedback for the below issue.
I our organization our services can be terminated on 3-month notice on either side. In the event of our resigning, any shortfall in notice period will have to be settled in payment determined by the gross monthly salary. (As per the appointment letter).

Now my friend has given one month notice for knowledge transfer and aggreed to pay rest 2 months notice pay also. But management is not releiving him and saying that he has to complete his 3 months notice period. He got a offer in other company and that company is giving only one month max time for joining.

Please suggest.

From India, Madras
chum

Dear Frn,
Nothing to worry, If u have the concern of releaving order (RO) join the new company and then explain the situation to them tat ur frnd vl provide the releaving letter after 3 months. If u r not having any concern wit RO, juz push off.

From India, Mangaluru
sreedq

Thanks frnd for your reply....
But New employer is very particular abt RO....and current employer, if we leave the organization with in 3 month they are not going to give RO...
And my concern is if mgnt is not sticking to the terms as mentioned in Appointment letter...can't we eable to do any thing....???

From India, Madras
M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

More clarity on appt Ltr is required
Is there any mention that the Management can decide whether to relieve him or not before 3 months.
understand why mgmt requires him for 3months, just keep to him or he is required must
how did he convey the resignation
wat is his career history in the current organisation
U cannot drag the issue by talking on the basis of points mentioned in appt ltr, the best thing is to sit across the table and discuss.
both the parties have to compromise on certain things,,,

From India, Coimbatore
sreedq

There are no other terms in appt letter like such "can decide or not" or any other similars.
people are like to quit the company as they didnt have work to do from past 1 yrs. And the career track of my frnd is very good. He convayed his resignation through hard copy.
I think this is one of the retention strategy. But if employee wants to quit means in this situation first he has to quit and then search a job bcz no company is giving 3 months time for intake or with out RO. And more over there is no meaning to the terms defined in appt letter if Mgnt is not sticking to..

From India, Madras
sadafc
The current organisation will be a tough nut to crack. They will have solid reasons for not bieng able to relive you, else they would have done that. Right? Please don't let go your relieving letter like this.. if not in this organisation, somewhere in future you will need.
I suggest request the new organisation to extend joining, tell them that you can't break relationships like this. I don't know in what profession is yr friend in.. he could also start some work there.. evening etc. to give tham the comfort that he IS joining.

From India, Mumbai
chum

Dear Sree,
Take a copy of resignation letter n submit to the new employer for proof n explain them. Ask ur frn to discuss wit current employer in assertive way n try to get RO. U can take legal action against the current employer, but, tatz not healthy.

From India, Mangaluru
joanneb

If in the contract it states that each side has to give 3 months then each side can insist on 3 months notice period. Usually the company asks for this as a contingency to ensure they can recruit a replacement and have adequate time for training and handover.
I believe your friend's company has the right to hold off the RO if the 3 months notice was not given.
Our company in the past has waited 3 months for staff to come on board because we knew they were the right person for the job and company. We did compromise though and had the new person come in 0.5-1 day each week during the 3 month to meet new staff, get some initial training, a handover and induction. If the new company cannot make these kinds of compromises, what kind of company will they be to work for?

From United Kingdom, London
seshu79

Hi,
It is always advisible to sit with the management and explain the situation and ask for due cosideration for relieving at an earliest possible date and simultanelously conveying the same to new employer.Need to handover the respoonsibilities to new joinee and if possible spare some time in the evening to train the person.
Regards,
Seshu Kumar.J

From India, Mumbai
ninadsirdesai
If the contract for employement states that the employee has to give three months or one moth notice and no compensation in liue of notice, then employee has to work for the such period after submitting the resignation. But if there is clause in contract for employment that compensation in liue of notice can be paid then management can not stop employee.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.