No Tags Found!

nelaturi.c
As the birthdays are celebrated according to companies policy,there is nothing anyone can do.As a senior director let him convince the company and change the policicy if he can.I feel none will endorse his views as the organisational interest is more important than individuals.

Pankaj2008

All,

I am sorry if I sound to be rude in any way, but I could not understand what efficiency has to do with individual perceptions? An efficient person may have certain belief that may not be acceptable to a group of people or organization.

He must be efficient in the tasks he is carrying out but his expectations are very high and he is lacking sense of understanding. Normally it is seen that when such a marriage takes place the husband holding top position would not wish to let her wife working in the same organization at the entry level because obvious potential issues. I am not sure why he prefers her wife to work at the entry level.

Forget about the celebrations of her birthday, if he is lacking basic understanding your organization is going to experience many more issue with regard to his wife. Today he is expecting to celebrate her wife's birth day in the same fashion that of a Director, tomorrow he will expect that her wife should be exempted from the Quality System if there is any, or he may expect to provide all the treatment that a director receive. This is practically not possible for any organization.

HR person must consult the other President or Vice President to make him understand this simple fact.

Disregard of his efficiency you should not entertain his expectation which are not legit.

From India, Rajkot
Cornelius
Counsel him...............else let him of the hook.....does he really deserve to be a director........The one who is supposed to lead should be exemplary......I wonder if he is still working.......
From India, Hyderabad
Cornelius
The company wants him to stay..whereas the Director wants to quit for such a petty issue....Is he looking for a change ????..........think abt it.......
From India, Hyderabad
doctor57
Is he really a Director or has this designation been given to him just to retain him in the organization.Many organization these days give fancy designations to its employees to retain them. If he is really worth this level, he would have understood the difference between his cadre and his wife's cadre
I feel it is just a ruse. He must have made up his mind to leave the organization quite some time back . Would have been looking for an opportunity for escape route.
It is better to let him go
Doctor57

From India, Delhi
Ramya.R

HI
As per my knowledge company should never make any difference b/w lower and higher level profile i can really undstand entry level and managerial level ther is lot of difference tht shd be only in work not for celebrating if tht is the cause it will realy demotivate other ppl. In my company we hve certain slab of money whc we spend on all,tht amt will be same to entry level and evern manger also.
Coming to u r issure the manager is rely not fit to be in tht position when a person cannnot undstand the company rules no use he is in tht position. its rely sick to compare professional life and personal life. there is nothing much to scrach the head plz remove such ppl for top positon and all some good ppl to sit in tht position who can rely tke better decision on time.
Regards
Ramya.R

From India, Bangalore
sonal_005
Hi Prachi,
I completely agree with the other members and fail to understanding that somebody at a director`s level can be so immature.
A good friend or somebody at his level should try to speak to him and make him understand that he should try and keep his personal and professional life totally apart. otherwise this might lead to a very diffcult situation and have a very negative efect on other emplyees of the company and can effect the perfomance and productivity of other employees.
Someone should try speaking to him explaing him that he should try to think in a more mature manner.
Sonal

From India, Pune
colvirendra

Hi Prachi,
Very strange situation but not very uncommon. Now, look at this Director of your company, REALLY BECHARA,Poor guy, on one side is his wife and other side is policies of the company. Do you think he does not understand the protocol positon in the company,I dont think so, he will not leave the company just because his wife has not been given equal protocol status in celebrating birthday.I think what he is doing is to convince his wife that he really cares for her, he has got every right to do that, the only thing he is doing at the wrong place.Just keep cool, let the time pass, he will be alright,if you succumb to this tactics of his/her rest assure other protocol problems will follow and you will not be able to cope up with all of them.Simultaneously, give his wife a bit of air that she has got independent identity, you all are proud of her.I must tell you that solution of Director's problem is not with him but with his wife because she is the problem. Inspite of all this , if the gentleman is bent upon to leave,excuse yourself and wish the couple a very best of luck.My suggestions are based on the understanding of couple with the help of inputs which you have given, incase there are other relevent inputs as well ,then solution will change accordingly.
Thanks for the post.
Regards,
Col Virendra

mdoss8

Dear prachi
I have read the above case ,its little bit crucial ,the director who is yet to quit knew the company policy but as a personally he is affected . The only way is we have to speak with his wife in person & let her know about the company policy .we should retain the director through his wife
Regards
Doss

From India, Bangalore
mehtaanil
I think all people have lost track of the fact that HR deals with Human issues and all this talk about his unprofessionalism is quite unfounded.
The fact is that the lady is his wife and as per our culture the wife also aquires the status of the husband. Why was the directors birthday celebrated with such fanfare. If you had to follow rules you should have followed it then also. Also the subsequent celebration of the wife as per rules shows scant regard for human relations & values. Ideally it should have been discussed with the director before enforcing rules.
I think the HR personnel should apologise ( even if the HR person feels he has done no wrong) and invite the directors suggestion on how to go about such celebrations.
Please remember a peon is as much an employee of a company as a director.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.