No Tags Found!

prince143
Hi.. Rashmi.
it is very difficult to adopt a new culture to a existing...they got cope with the environment so they doesn't want to change. see you should cosult with your senior before bringing out new change..
BEST OF LUCK for your new life.
regards.
Raj

From India, Bhubaneswar
B.Sridhar Rao

Dear all,

I appreciate sharing your valuable suggestions in the community.

As per the case given by Rashmi. It is very sensitive to handle this kind of situation for the new comer to handle a bigger position.

What I have understood here is every body has shared their experiences as per their understandings and guided as per the given question by Rashmi.

WHY Don't WE PREPARE A WORD DOCUMENT AND POST IN OUR COMMUNITY TO HELP ALL THE NEW AND EXISTING MEMBERS, CONSULTANTS.

TO BE MORE CLEAR WHAT ARE THE ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES, STEPS SHOULD BE TAKEN FOR THE NEW HR MANAGER IN A NEW ORGNAISATION AND HOW TO ACT ACCORDING TO THE SITATIONS.

The purpose for preparing the document this will totally save TIME.

Let we all come together and prepare a word document for handling this kind of situation. I, We, All request the community members, seniors and all the corresponding departments, CONSULTANTS share their experiences in preparing Document.

I would like to request the Board members of the community to take a discission and present this document as ASAP.

Please give your questions and suggestions....

Regards,

Sridhar.B

From India, Hyderabad
sowmyanavada

Dear Reshmi,
Its really a sad case.....but my dear...you are the HR and u need to be cool and calm most of the time...
My suggestion would be that, take your colleagues opinions next time u formulate something so that they feel comfortable and there is ownership from their end too.
Most important of all...dont lose hope!!! Keep smiling, because when your colleagues look back, some day they will realise that their HR is really approchable and all smiles always!!! :)
Regards,
Sowmya

From India, Bangalore
rajuupadhyay22

hi rashmi,

i have gone through your posting. believe me i too am going through the same thing. i was HR in one of the company and then i was hired to this IT company its a small company hence the HR who was before me was experienced and was HR manager.so i too am so called HR manager.

Rashmi it is impossible to implement any policies let me tell you that, i too wanted to start attendance diary but was not allowed, then i made leave policy again could not implement, i made HR policy again not allowed, as everyone in this forum said we should ask directors. but you know what answer they give they say we are not big company or corporate so you please don't do all this. in my company whenever you want leave you can get without salary deduction. when i tried projecting the same you know what was the response---- they work hard so let them take..you don't worry... and about rudeness.. they are impossible in that they just don't bother what they are telling, have to take all that.. its something like you working as a labour. this all issues are nothing...anyways i just told you all this so that you get to know there are other people like you.

rashmi, i can say you do your work make policy, do whatever HR is suppose to do and if they don't allow you to implement don't implement. but don't get dishearted as you have done your work.

see.. we all know why we work we work for experience,satisfaction and money.. i know you might not be getting good money or satisfaction but you can surely earn experience which in turn can get you all the other thing in other company touchwood.

hope you are now convinced with this.

Raj

From India, Bangalore
manish2678

just talk to your Director under which u r working becuz u r new and not much familiar about the co.. so better keep informed your director what u r going to do. it is better for u and listen nobody can change his behaviour.. and just before bad behaviour of senior dont upset.. cheers up now u will have to go to high position this is not just your goal.. and u know with u so many people are there.. u can see the mails u received and a very nice presentation. so dont afraid and do your work with great zeal.
regards
manish

From India, Delhi
HRprof
Raj, HR is not about implementing policies to only penalise people. It is nice that your organisation does not believe in deducting salaries for taking some time off. I know of companies who deduct salaries for coming 10 mins late....and trust me, employees are bound to be dissatisfied and the HR in these companies are fighting to get this rule to change.
Policies should not just be formulated and implemented cos u think it should be. Look at your organisation, your people and implement only what makes sense and what will help improve work/productivity/satisfaction.
So chose what works and implement only that....and seniors will have their viewpoints. Sometimes it is worth listening to them.
Of course rude behaviour is unacceptable any where and at any level.

From India, Bangalore
rajuupadhyay22

mr. HRprof,
its very easy to say but when you put yourself in that situation you get to know the pain. she knows and i know. good to read looks to be really positive but actually its not. see i dont mean cutting salary for 10 min and all but if a person takes leave whenever they want for as long as they want then why HR is required. remember HR job is to Keep driving the force systematically not by keeping quiet. but for your gyaan let me tell that it doesnt happen in organisation in which we do...
i am afraid i cannot explain the stuff in writing but to understand you need to be in that position or should have experienced. and i totally agree higher management can be right but remember not all the time.
i also know that HR work is not just implementing policies but i can also say that it is just an example and policies are made to drive thing systematically and is very important in any organisation, without which company like tata would have never succeded

From India, Bangalore
HRprof
Raj, I apologise if you took offence. That is not what my intention was.
Also, having been working with different organisations in the field of HR for the past 12+ years, I would humbly admit that I know what resistance means. And I understand the frustration of not implementing what I want to implement. However, I still am a strong believer that what works for one organisation may or may not work for the other. So simply putting policies in place does not help. And I am sure the Tatas and the Ambani's of this world do not necessarily follow the same rules and regulations.
HR is about knowing what works for YOUR people.
And lastly....it is Miss HRProf!!

From India, Bangalore
HRprof
Anupama, sweetheart, I have already stated my view about abusive language. And if I were you, I would have expressed my view to the gentleman, irrespective of the fact that he may be my senior. Of course, I dont mean that you be rude...coz then there is no difference between you and him. But polite yet firm, saying that such language is unacceptable to you.
From India, Bangalore
rajuupadhyay22

hi,

there is nothing wrong which should make you apologise but miss HRprof why are you only concerned about policies. ok ok... tell me one thing you are HR, now can you give answers to these questions?

1) what will you do if director tells you dont give 5 page appointment letter make it one page as papers are getting wasted?

2) we are not corporates so dont make any policy? where as company is 30 crore worth !

3) where salaries are given on 26th of next month? and when projected director says let them leave the job today ?

and whenever you try to tell anything they say not required.

you tell me what is the requirement of HR in this kind of company where HR is for name sake and no authority is given to him.

Miss... its not like the way you think i dont make policy and implement on employees just like that but before formulating have taken their suggestions also. and then marked it to directors to make correction if any. but nothing happened..

its not the waty you are taking but i know the real schene....

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.