fabianfigredo
Dear Mr.Harikrishnan, If an employee has completed 4+yrs is he eligible for gratuity,under the continuous service clause of 240 days.
From India, Madras
gokul_gold
Hi Sir,
No where it is mentioned about the amount to be paid as gratuvity to employee by the employer.
Can you tell me whats the amount one receives as Gratuvity?
If it is at the descretion of the employer then how he calculated gratuity amount

From United States
v.harikrishnan

Dear Mr.Ramesh Patel
The liability to pay gratuity to an employee to whom the PG Act is applicable by an employer/establishment/company to which the PG Act is applicable is a legal liability. Whether gratuity is a part of CTC or not does not matter. The legal liability under the PG Act to pay gratuity is absolute and is not dependant on the components of the CTC.

From India, Madras
shivakumar3451
Hello,
I am working for Diya Systems Pvt Ltd, Mangalore and its a development center for GlowTouch Technologies and working for Endurance International second largest webhost company. I have completed 5.5 years of service. So, whether all company come under gratuity act? Our Account Manager says that our company is not eligible. Please explain.

From India, Mangaluru
Natasha Gracious
If the reason is retrenchment and if the employee is covered under payment of Gratuity Act, then the employee is entitled to Gratuity after successful completion of 5 years in the same company.
From India, Mumbai
v.harikrishnan

Dear Mr Fabianfigredo

If the employee is covered by the provisions of the Payment of Gratuity Act and if the Payment of Gratuity Act is applicable to the establishment in which the employee is employed, then he is entilted to get and the employer is liable to pay gratuity when the services of the employee is terminated due (i) to his superannuation on attaining the age of retirement, or (ii) on his resignation or (iii) on his death or disablement due to accident or disease. However the employee should have rendered continuous service for five years. The condition regarding five years continuous service is not necessary in the case of the termination of the services of the employee due to death or disablement due to accident or disease. What is meant by continuous service is defined in the Act itself. If the employee had worked for 240 days during the 12 calendar months, he is deeemed to have rendered continuous service in that year. Therefore in case the worker who had worked for four years and had completed 240 days in the fifth year of service he may claim gratuity on the ground that he had rendered five years of continuous service.

From India, Madras
mljat2003
I worked with a limited firm from 1998 May to March 1, 2011 and resigned from the firm there after. I was entitled for PF from 2000 till March 2011.
My question is, am I eligible for Gratuity, bcz when I enquired with the management, they said that there is no provision for paying gratuvity to me.
Kindly let me know, as I worked almost 12 years with out any break with the said firm and now left the organisation.
can any body guide me.

From India, Delhi
kr_is88
Dear Sir
Is a part time working employee in a company eligible for gratuity once he has completed 7 years service? His PF is also deducted from the monthly salary.
Is he eligible for the gratuity or because he is working as Part-time makes him disqualified from getting gratuity?
Lal

From India, Kochi
kr_is88
Is Gratuity eligible for a part-time employee if he has worked in an organisation for more than 7 years in continuity ?
From India, Kochi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.