Tania_m

I believe that HR has to be soft and understanding and side by side tough too. Since the girl has already been dealt softly so many times, strict action needs to be taken. Go according to the policy, "half day for so many hours of coming in late, etc. etc". Deduct salary for taking excess of leave, mark "absent" for leave without information.
If she is affected, she'll start being punctual. If you are not able to handle the situation, take help of your reporting officer.

Tania

From India, Gurgaon
sohini basu roy

hello tania,
:) dear we have the policy and before cutting, everyday as she came to my cabin to sign register i reminded her "u r late....salary will be cut" u knw wats her reply ? " yup you can cut......... u cut money..i dnt hav problem"...nw u tell me....

From India, New Delhi
palastha
I think what you should do is just e mail her by telling her this kind of behaviour is not expected and than Mark it CC to her boss also to the location head if required ,this would really help .
From India, Vadodara
ns_kulkarnid

Dear Sohini,
You have a plus point that you too are female. You have to talk to her very friendly. Even then if she keep herself absent then on the same day you have to visit her home and see whether she really have some problem about her mom's ill health.
If you find the same is true then you should excuse her by sanctioning all leaves. If it is not true then her trainee period has to be terminated. But before that you should find alternative employee on her place to handle the project.
Hope you will find this a correct way to handle.

From India, Mumbai
puppy1220
these kind of attitude has to be punished or the other employees will also take advantage and the companys decorum will not be maintained. you need to take disciplinary action immediatly so it will teach her and others a lession, beacuse you are too leneiant only she is taking advantage of you, you can give her a memo if then too she does the same thing its better you chuck her out of the job. or you will loose your respect very soon.

prakhar_ss@yahoo.co.in
1. I find that, we should know why she is repeatedly doing it, (Is it only with yoy or with everyone), (Is it because of some reason or without any reason);because when she was recruited I feel she would had been sincere.
2. If a proper outcome is not achieved and outcome suggests ego problem & attitudinal problem only.Then you must have to talk to her very calmly and sweetly,on the other side you have to start searching for her replacement, intensity of search should depend upon her attitudinal degradation. IF it is very fast, Serach from within the organization. IF you feel you can handle her then take your time (max. 1 month) & search a kind of perfect match. After u find a match just assist that match with this girl.Now if she continues degrade her responsibilities & shift them to the selected one. Either she will become calm & responsible or she may leave. (IN BOTH THE CASES PRODUCTIVITY & BUSINESS WILL NOT HAMPER).
well this is from my side...
Prakhar Aditya Dwivedi

From India, Hyderabad
PramodKJ
HI, It’s better to say goodbye to her, before it start effecting the other employees of your company. Pramod
From India, Mumbai
dey.smi

Dear Ravi,

I guess.. there is a much better and professional way of aswering the query.. like our other HR friends have done .
I find ur answer to be unprofessional. No one on this earth is a "GOD" and an HR personnel be senior or junior is no exception.
Nevertheless, Sohini has been trying to get the point across to this troubled soul (trainee) by all measures like being general mode using a memo to all or by meeting her one-on-one.We all know that when we work for an organization we have (to a great extent )compartmentalise our personal and professional life. Both the lives affect each other both we should know how to balance that. And its is quite evident that Sohini has been trying to get that balance to the trainee in discussion.
Since being a senior HR personnel , am sure Sohini would also know how to slove matter of this garvity, since it was getting a lil difficult with her, she has sorted our help.
The point I want to drive home is lets talk about the solution to the problem and not make an unprfessional comment on the action already taken.

From United States, Los Angeles
priyadarshee

Dear Sohini....

I remember my school days....One of our schoolmates used to be late everyday. He never came in time, also he was very rude and his attitude was horrible. He never followed the rules, regulations and principles...Even after repetitive notices he never changed.......

To solve this problem...you know what our school teacher did?..She assigned him as the MONITOR of our class....A few days more....and the entire scenario changed...Day by day he started realising policies...rules..regulations and it's implication in future...The dark murky swamp actually turned to be an Oasis....Thats human nature..

Now coming to your point..it would be risky to apply anything right away. Please don't mind...but I think a one-on-one conversations is highly required where at the end of the discussion she should get a clear picture of her contribution towards company's business. It is worth continuing..?At the end of the discussion she should realise how does this effect others....I would recommend the following...

Step-1 Coach her first (by telling what she is supposed to do....what, how and when)
Step -2 Then give her a time line (say 15 day) to show her developments, changes and improvements
Step 3: Put her in a Corrective Action Plan (CAP) with some more time line (say 7 days). Observe and communicate the changes/developments to her.
Step 4: If improvements are there then appreciate. If not...then give her a formal alert to follow the Step-3 (CAP). With a timeline (say 7 days)

If the results are satisfactory then share it with her...otherwise its time for her to separate from the company. This way you have given her time(1 month), a good plan (CAP), an Alert also you have been a good coach....So you have tried the best to make her an excellent employee....Now its time for her to pay off...

Regards,
Mr. Priyadarshee Pradhan :icon1:
HR Professional

From India, Pune
suv

Hi,
I think you should call her and ask her related to project you have given her, through that try to find out is she comfortable with her job? any difficulties during working on project? whether she is getting cooperation from her teammeats? and try to open the discussion. slowly try to understand between the situation coz as per the case put up by u that girl may not be liking to open up and share her problem with you. may be job rotation works, change in reporting works, guiging her works
Regards
Suvarna

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.