p1singhhr

Hi, Will anyone Pls provide me the right definition of "Employee".
From India, Gurgaon
chirag_savajiyani
Please mention for which purpose you require this defination, I mean for specific act or in general you are asking.
From India
beauty_babu@yahoo.co.in

Hi,

This is what i came to know from the search that i have conducted in google. Seniors please correct me if am wrong.

According to Industrial Dispute Act an employee is referred as a 'Workman'.

Workman‘ means any person (including apprentice) employed in any industry to do any manual, clerical or supervisory work for hire or reward. It includes dismissed, discharged or retrenched person also. However, it does not include (i) Armed Forces i.e. those subject to Air Force Act, Army Act or Navy Act (ii) Police or employees of prison (iii) Employed in mainly managerial or administrative capacity or (iv) person in supervisory capacity drawing wages exceeding Rs 1,600 per month or functions are is mainly of managerial nature. [section 2(x)].

- Babu

From India, Madras
R.N.Khola

Dear Member, The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 does not provide us any definition of employee. Section 2(s) provide us definition on the term 'workman'. R.N.KHOLA
From India, Delhi
R.N.Khola

Dear Babu,
In my opinion we do not have any section as 2(x) in I D Act, 1947. Section 2(s) provide us definition of 'workman'. By notification dated 19.08.2010 which is made applicable wef 15.09.2010 by the Govt. we are now to read as Rs. 10,000/- per month in place of Rs. 16,00/- per month in section 2(s) (iv) of the I D Act, 1947.
Submitted as requested.
[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=red][FONT=Verdana]R.N.KHOLA

From India, Delhi
rajivranjan67

Employee definition do exist under ESI Act, Employees compensation Act (earlier workman compensation act).
From India, Faridabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.