No Tags Found!

sampatelsamp2010
Since I did not get any reply I am posting this again
Dear Members,
I seek your suggestions and inputs on the following. I want an excuse (sounding like genuine reason),. However I do not want to offend my management,superiors and colleagues. I want to bow out with grace. However the actual reason being:
  • I have started to get bored of the current job...
  • Find it difficult to motivate myself, do not want this to percolate down to my team of 36 people.
  • I have been in the current Industry/sector for about 10 years now.
  • After a lot of introspection, I feel I am actually getting bored with the industry/sector itself... and not actually the job itself.
  • Is a change in the industry okay at this stage ? is something new or people do it at this stage of their career ?
  • How do HR professionals perceive this kind of move from one industry to another ?

From India, Mumbai
ACT

Hi

Since you haven’t received any responses, I am taking the liberty to forward my views on your query. Let me start in the reverse order and begin by answering your last query first.

Changing ones job is perfectly ok. It is the natural thing to do to progress financially, emotionally and functionally. Ideally it would have been better for you to change jobs in 3- 5 year time span so that your experience can be leveraged faster to better job content and rewards. However you need to be careful that you don’t shift too often or you would not be considered a job stable person. It is great that you are contemplating a change, but I would caution you to find the right job before you resign, Sometimes the know devils are better than the unknown devils.

I would urge you to try and find some self motivation to continue, because I suspect that you are happy with the pay scale, the work environment, your colleagues etc. in the present job. If some of those factors are missing in the new job, then you are backing square one feeling depressed and stupid. However if you get a good break with a substantial pay rise and a job description that is both challenging and interesting to you, then please move on.

Assuming the above, your resignation can be fairly straight forward and the core matter could read as under:

“ I have got a wonderful job offer, that includes a more challenging job profile and a substantial increase in compensation. While I have enjoyed my long stint with you, I believe it is time for me to scale up my career and the present opportunity seems perfect for that. I would of course miss the work environment, the exceptional superiors and my fantastic co-workers and subordinates, but I need to accelerate my career and hence am putting in my papers with a request to accept the same at the earliest.”

To know more about how to motivate yourself and to enjoy your job, I would invite you to read my daily and weekly inspirational and motivational blogs listed below.

Best wishes to you.

Regards,

Jacob

Personality Development, Communication Skills and Written Communication Website

Actspot's Blog – Daily Blog

Academy for Creative Training – Weekly Blog

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.