alamu._r

Hi seniors,
I'm in urgent need of ur help.
Pls give me a suggestion.
In my organization they wants me to adopt strategies to retain the talented n key employees in middle n senior management of organization as my firm is running in loss.
In this status my boss asked me to prepare a questionnaire to find out d key employees without consulting with d dept.heads.
So i jus want to know in what way i can frame questions and can anyone lemme tell some sample questions as its for middle and senior level.

From India, Raipur
ravi ranjan

hi dear,
I think you should get a feedback form filled by the employees and get suggestions as are they happy with their work ,are they satisfied with their immediate boss,does they require skill development, if no what changes they want ...keep an open ended question ,in order to receive their ideas and you need to seriously work over it ,if you are serious about retaining employees. if possible give a refreshment treat or small get together,
ask them more and more how you can help them , then only they will feel ,that they are also heard..means management is thinking about them
even you can get the marking on different scales as how they mark their boss....this is not in general done ..but it will give you an idea what they think about their boss and how you can improve the employee and employer relations.
hope to hear from you soon.
thanks
Ravi

From India, Delhi
shashikantdabral
Hi,

Please prepare a questionare or edit your organisations current feedback form to add questions related to how these key people feel about working in this organisation, what are there career plans / aspirations for the next 3 years, how would they rate this organisation in terms of salary level / job satisfaction / learning and growth oppurtunities, what would they look for key factors in a job (will it be just money, learning oppurtunities, incentives, role / higher responsibility, span of control, good working environment). The whoole idea of this exercise is to get to know things which can motivate for a person to hold on for some more time and to give their best so that when the company turns around they stand a better chance than people who have jumped the ship. At the same time for the organisation it will be good that the tenured and talent pool is retained by maybe giving additional responsibilities, or by doing job rotation without any additional monetary burden so that they come out of troubled waters with the key resources intact.

I hope you have a fair idea of the questions with the over all objective in mind now.

All the best.

Shashi Kant Dabral

From India
alamu._r

Thanks alot to Ravi and Shashi Senior for your suggestions ...
What you said is about retaining employees by finding out what is exactly lacking in the organization..
Bt my first step which i've to proceed is to find out the talented employees for whom only i need to adopt those retention strategies..
This I need to find out only by the method of preparing questionnaire without consulting with any of the employees or with the data of their performance ratings which is the condition told by my boss..
As I'm a new here i dono what type of questions will help me to filter out the talented employees alone..
Moreover this is a capital mangement company and the cader which i'm going to assess is Middle and Senior management employees.
So help me with some of your valuable ideas to find out the talented employees..

From India, Raipur
Mahr

Dear alamu._r, Please find the attachment of the Retention strategy..
From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Retention.doc (55.7 KB, 80 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.