saswatabanerjee

Hi executor
I agree with you on the last point,
Whoever drafted the letter did not know how to write it properly. It could have been better drafted to show that the employee had applied for leave, which was denied and was warned not to extend it for any reason and that it would result in termination.
But ifthematter goes to court, it would only be for notice pay. The court in this case is unlikely to order reinstatement, specially as the employee does not appear to be a worker under industrial dispute act.

From India, Mumbai
umakanthan53

Dear Omshiv Mishra,

I am really sorry that soon after the most auspicious occasion in your life, your Super BOSS chose unwisely to present you a wedding gift of orders of ignominious exit. First and foremost, you should not give room for critical comments arising out of freak superstitious beliefs such as the bride has brought this misfortune.Second, I am sorry, I have got my own doubts about your man-management skills as a HR Manager.From your successive statements, I am able to understand that you are a very sincere employee but you should understand that blind sincerity is nothing more than idiosyncrasy.It seems from the chronological details you've mentioned that you heavily banked on your Admin. Manager as if he was all out there to look after your interests but you miserably failed in your judgement when he asked you to mail your leave application directly to the Director under copy to him. O.K, you did exactly as he said.What happened? Your Director did not sanction the leave as you applied for but specifically shortened the duration for reasons best-known to himself. Of course it is comprehensible to every sensible human being that one cannot attend to his official duties the next day after his/her marriage. After all, your Director is also a human being, I suppose.What pre-emptive action you took? Did you try to meet the Director at least under the disguise of inviting him for the marriage? Else, replied him back setting forth your practical difficulties about reporting back for duty on the date he mentioned? You have not done anything in this direction under the false hope of your so-called sincere service and the Admin. Manager. I 've carefully read all the responses by our learned fraternity. You can't have any remedy under the I.D Act,1947 as you are not a workman u/s 2(s) of the Act.What's next? remedy under C.P.C. What relief you are going to get?Nothing more than one month's notice pay! I think that it would be like drilling the mountain and catching the mouse. So, be on the look out for better job in a better organization. But, work intelligently!

From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.