No Tags Found!

Hemant S. Anand
Dear Gentlemen,
We are having a Office at Sakinaka sales & service and reparing of Laptop, Desktop, Printer & scanner and we had covered under Shops & Establishment Act. Now the Factories Inspector forces us to take the Factor Act License when he das visited us.
Request to guide us that it is complousory us to take a FActory Act License.
Pl. help at the earliest as they had given us 2 days notice.
HSA

From India, Mumbai
Hemant S. Anand
[1114068]Dear Gentlemen,
We are having a Office at Sakinaka - Sales & Service and reparing of Laptop, Desktop, Printer & scanner and we had covered under Shops & Establishment Act. Now the Factories Inspector Noticed us to take the Factor Act License when he has visited us. He also told that this office are in repaing unit and should covered under Fatories Act.
Request to guide us that it is complousory us to take a Factories Act License.
Pl. help at the earliest as they had given us 2 days notice.
HSA[/QUOTE]

From India, Mumbai
R.N.Khola

Dear Member,
As stated by you your work of repairing comes under the definition of the 'manufacturing process' as given under section 2(k) of the The Factories Act, 1948 & if at the same time you are employing required No. of workers for coverage of Factories Act then you are covered under the Factories Act, 1948. At times Shops Inspector do registration with out going into the detail of manufacturing process or misrepresentation of facts before the Inspector.
Opinion/ comments submitted as requested.
With Regards,
R.N.Khola

[/QUOTE]

From India, Delhi
R.N.Khola

Dear Ekta,
Plz put your query on separate thread or on simillar thread as this relates to the definition of shops & factory.
With Regards,
R.N.Khola

From India, Delhi
Vasant Nair

Dear Hemant,
The nature of the work being carried in your workshop, in all likelihood would be construed and interpreted as "Manufacturing Process". Well, if you also employee 10 persons then you will be covered by the Factories Act and you wil be required to get a Factory Licence. ( I am presuming that you do use power for the repairing activities)
Vasant Nair
[/QUOTE]

From India, Mumbai
chraso
Hello forum!
find this quite useful. thanks Mr.kola & Mr.vasant.
can u please solve my query?
currently i have 5 labors and a part time accountant in my small scale factory of brass building materials in which i mostly does the labor work on the material received. are we covered under factory act?
if yes what things i should be take care of?
currently i'm maintaining material in/out vouchers, salery register, present/overtime register, bonus/leaves compensation register, books of accounts.

From India, Jamnagar
abedeen7

Dear Anand, If you are qualifying the parameters then you have to register under the Factory Act. So don’t hesitate to abide by Indian Laws. Regard’s Shaikh
From India, Bhubaneswar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.