capt.cbgupta
Hi,
she is impressing and perhaps hard working as such your boss don't post her to your office. They want to retain her there. Better, ask your HR to recruit a new one and struck off that Front office Executive from your office strength. I hope senior management will take a note of the situation and some solution will be found by management in the matter. Be firm on strucking her off of your office strength. See the results.
C.B.GUPTA

From India, Delhi
kintu

Hi boski...
ya i fully agree with hat ash said and what abhishek tiwari suggested you...she is also human and i think she also doesnt want to continue with consequences..so jst have an informal meeting or invite her for coffee...talk and try to find the prob...a little bit u bend and a little bit let her bend...u both will be benefited...! my good wishes are with you..!
with warm regards..!

From India, Ahmadabad
prof x
Yes I am with you now....Boski!!!Lovely day ahead of you before anything else...

You have finally stressed the importance of this administrative ineffeciency...In our language of call for work we must at all cost ensure the transparency of the role is innate.

Job description are purely guidelines in the field work. Now that your direct head is so much aware of the inconsistency in your work setting, an action should have been initiated from thier side. They should have taken this matter as a priority on their managerial side. Because, crucial it is and vital it is for you and the rest worker.

It is really true that you will feel incomprehensible (as a sign that you seek advice in this posting) to the task because in your usual cases the administrative people have done less and have NOT EXERTED much of that effort to act upon to your issues....Constrains and barrier I consider are much more of added information that you should take into an account. Call it a tool to help you analyze this problem. To me, that can be mostly likely of seniority and mostly its whom "admin" know and NOT what you know...(just my personal views); a constrain why it end up this mess not taken seriously by the admin...

Boski, with your dealings and dedications I honestly feel & find it very determine from your side to settle the roof of this disturbances and yet little has been assisted from your direct/immediate superior. It's never too late to initiate the courage you have started. Dear,you know its not surprising to see your middle-ing with others (your concern opposing group) because they feel you are not WELCOME... they see it often as an alien and as starters, and they want a test you up scenario....

Position and rankings are a complex subject in most of our field. I could sense that with you handling the job and taking things to run the unit/dept smoothly...they feel threatened and are uncomfortable. As most in your posting, evidently we can see them in how they respond to you, write you and even answer you...!!!

All the while this BIG gap disalign your relationship with them. I want you straightly to move yourself and be prepared to confront the issue. Have it a way that your superior is aware of your move and what you plan to do with her. If this matter does not end up rightfully you will both have an endless doubt of conflict. To me this conflict (if not dealt with) will share inappropriateness, professional struggle, unproductivity and chaos.

Youre extarordinary, that's why you post it here. You have plans I know inside your brains, but just unsure to bomb it out... Go on...take my advice and it is worth a try...You will be perfect for that I can psychologize you...

From Saudi Arabia
capt.cbgupta
Such situations do come in office when one employee is not relieved for moving to different location. Your problem is that you are located in Gurgaon Office and the employee at front office working in delhi doesn't report to you in Gurgaon for office work. If it is true, the situation is not that of proper communication or lack of between two of you but of the relocation of the employee. I have seen many such odd situation when employee is not asked to go and report to other boss in government, public sector and even in private firms when he or she is considered helpful in present job. No body want to part away with a hard working and sincere assistant. Here is your boss is also involved and doesn't want to listen to your call of sending her to you for office work definately form part of this category. As such, you have to only persue your boss to agree to your requirement. Even your taking of any disciplinary action will be futile exercise without the support of your boss. Thats why I see ground for you to show him to your Delhi Office strength than taking to your strength. This you can definately do and no other work will work except demorlisation to you and increasing your blood pressure. I am saying so with my more than 36 years of managerial experience in executive management with working in multi-organisations as said above. You have to be practical and can not resign for this simple reason which you may get every where with such bosses.

C.B.GUPTA

CEO, CEO EUROPE CERTIFIED

From India, Delhi
boski
Thanks Prof. X!

Yeah Prof. X. U got it exactly right. Also, I have noticed that it's the mgmt. who's been very insensitive abt this issue. There is one more reason, that I never took this issue to any one else then my immediate boss (the ex & current), and m sure they're unable to help, as everytime the issuses was brought to them, they always tried convincing me rather then taking an action which they should have been after doing a proper analysys and investigation of the issue and situation. I'll put here the recent incident (s);

A week back I got an email from our head office to get a form filled & signed-off by all the employees (Delhi & Gurgaon) as an yearly exercise. It was marked to me only. Just after 10 mins. to the first email, I received another mail (for same exercise) which was marked to the front. Office Ext. too. However,untill then I already started sending the forms to staff as dptmt. wise. I thought it's wise to call up this girl and tell her that I have already started workng on it and have sent it to so n so dptmts. so, that the rest can be taken care off & we both could co-ordinate the exercise to get completed, I gave her a call and the moment I mentioned about the email to her, she quickly replied that "I have given the forms to everyone", then I ended up telling her to share the list of completed and pending employees's name with, once it's done, as I have to send the status report.

Later, I called up my boss, and told her the whole story, where, the email was marked to two different people, then who's to act and who'll sned the status report. However, as HR, I beleive, that, despite of the fact, that the mail was makrked to different people, the status report will be expected from my end & my boss agreed with me. Then I told her cleary that, In that case it should only be marked to me nad not to several people, otherwise I would not take the responsibility of getting it done. I suggested her to creat a process, where the email sender would know the work flow process and would mark the email to concerned people accordingly . (I doubt if she's going to take my suggestion seriously).

Do give ur comments Profs! I think, I have done the tight thing, to brought this issue to this forum, where the inputs/comments/guidance from the memebers would surely help me to reach to some conclusion, rather then continuing my job without a proper proces in place.

Have a great Day a Head:)

Thanks & Regards

From India, Mumbai
boski
I perfectly understand Capt. and that's the reason why I'm still with this org. To me intially, It didn't seem an Issue due to which I should have laft this company. But, now, I think it's becoming difficult for me to continue with this company anymore. The formost reason 4the same's, I'm based out of GURGAON OFFICE and the my profile's major requirement's at DELHI OFFICE and for many of my works, I become dependent on these people, wherein, they expect me to do my job on my own,whenever I seek their help (I think to some extent they are right too). They aren't supportive/co-opeartive enough.

At the same I too find it very uncomfortable situation for myself.

I really don't understand the mgmnt.decision of keeping me at a office where I'm nt required at all according to my role & at the same time expecting me to take care of all hr responsibilities, which are majorly belongs to delhi office, 4which I have again have to depend on varioud people to get my work done. Because of all these, I'm heading towards demoralisation & loosing my enthu in mywork, which's my Passion. Had I been be posted out at Delhi office, I feel , these issues would have never arised.

The second reason of my increasing demoralisation's, myself being alone at GURGAON office, as there are very few staff in office(4-5 at a time) who are most of time out for meetings, on top of that, no girl (that mean I have no company). So, for last one year I haven been spending my time in office either doing my work or looking at my system, which I'm fed off now.

I need ur suggestion here..as my appraisal is due, do you think, I shall talk to my boss on transferring me at Delhi office ( not only from HR point of veiw, infact also from an Employee's point of view). At the end of the day, I'm also an employee (even as HR), who is working with ths company & I expect them to think about me as well.;-)

Have a great Day a Head:)

Thanks & Regards

From India, Mumbai
capt.cbgupta
Dear Boski,

I notice you are sincere, hard working and executive who work for the organisation and mean effective work business. Thats why you are so concerned for the correct systems and placement of your staff as HR Head. But you must understand that your immediate boss may be having wider organisational perspective in this case unless he is involved with the lady employee which I can only confirm on getting evidence of their commitment and social envolvement.

You do not loose any where. Hold on to your work as sincere as you are. This will pay you. You have to be professional and nothing else. In case it is possible, you can propose regrouping of HR Office at Delhi Office for enhancing departmental co-operation, co-ordination and effectiveness control from working from the corporate office. you leave it to the judgement of your immediate boss but send a copy of your email to your CEO for his information regarding your merit of the case for regrouping of HR Work from corporate office. I am sure your CEO will ensure correct and mature decision in the matter.

C.B.GUPTA

From India, Delhi
capt.cbgupta
Boski, since your appriasal is due with your boss, your proposal mail copy need to be sent to your CEO, to have first hand view about your capabilities for organisational Development as HR Head. Is your boss a lady as you have used her for boss? And also, Is your boss and CEO are one or different?
Good Luck.
C.B.GUPTA

From India, Delhi
prof x
Its about time will turn the page....Boski, What action already have you taken.? Update us when you have started one...Carry on.!!! Lovely day....bye
From Saudi Arabia
boski
Hi Captain,
Hope u have been well and Sorry for the late reply. I had been very tied up for last few days.
I have a lady boss and can assure thay she's not involved with the Front Off. Exe. definetly. As far as regrouping of HR is concern, I would defenietly propose this.
Thanks

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.