No Tags Found!

chum

Dear Boski,
Good case to discuss, I wanna knw few things from u.
1. Hav u met her in person?
2. Hav u communicated with her immediate boss?
I wud suggest, communicate with her only throu mail n not by phone n don forget to mark cc for her immediate boss and ur boss, try to nag by mail for evry 5 mins. At times, we hav to be pest for such character to get the work done. Check her threshold limit, make her feel annoyed. As asha said. don't delete any mails which u hav communicated / communicate with her.

From India, Mangaluru
Ash Mathew

You are thinking in the right way, and glad you started communicating through email.

There are certain things that we can never do while talking (I am considerign you here) - you cannot be harsh (thats within u...maybe ur nature/cos you believe that - everything can be sorted by talking)

Well.. through email - you can be both harsh - as well as direct, with no offense!

Simple, look at the email below:

XXX:

As discussed with you this morning, I'd appreciate if you could share the courier details (AWB no. etc) sent by Surabhi Arora to Citibank on 02-June-09.

I would like to get the information as soon as possible. Please revert if you'd have any difficulties in retrieving this information, with the tentative time i can expect the same from your end.

Thanks,

Boski!

-----------

Dear now you see - No need to add too much of dear and many pleases and telling her its urgent and all. Just tell her you need it. Ask her to revert if there is something stopping her from gettingthis info on time.

If she says that the boys are not getting it - tell her its her job to make the boys get it done.

From India, Madras
boski
Hey Ash,
thanks a ton for brngn back my attention to this point:)..I used to communicate this way only as stated in ur words;-) (intially) & didn't even realize by when did it change to this level (may be it's my frustation towards her attitude which started coming out this way..."but not good" as a HR & as an individual too.:)

From India, Mumbai
boski
on ur queries Chum;
1.I have met her personally but she doesn't open up much with me
2.Yeah, I did communicate to her boss (who himself has a very laid back attitude) intially 2-3 times but then his replies was like "it's ok yaar" or she must be busy, then, I (also being new to the company & people) preferd to communicate this to my immediate boss
Communicate verbally was a suggestion from my ex-boss to myself, even though, I did realize intially that communicating verbally will not help, but thought to give it a try, which never worked.
But now, I'll communicate through email first.

From India, Mumbai
october

hi
I am angry with vineet if your boss is ignoring your problem ,you should forward a mail to your senior.send a copy to managment. its better to speak freely wth mang instead of suffering day by day. but don't left the jod bcoz u have to face this kind of problem with every second job.managment will definately supports you
good luck

From India, Bhopal
globaloverseas144

Dear Bosky,
Please call her at your office & you may go to Delhi office and share your problem with her.
You can take help of some seniors and talked with her.You should not make directly compliant to your boss,first see the channels of your company and approach accordingly,you can take help me 9958404503/9899775578,we have some tips to handle this types of we handled one of the same case & solved it postively.
Please visit to our website for more details on communication guide with your collegue at :: Global Overseas - Home :: Compliance Audit, ISO certification, BFSI Audit, Export, Jem, Jewellery, chemical Industry.
Best Regards
Sajid Ansari

From India, Delhi
boski
Thanks 4the inputs Sajid!
Have decided to give some more tme to her & ths situation to improve , while incorporating the valuable inputs given by Ash, Chum, Vineet, Abhi & you (thanks again everyone:icon1:) & defenietly get back to u guys on this issue, if, it persists in future.

From India, Mumbai
prof x
Hi to you Boski;

The outward picture i see often to resistance of cooperation is communication. The communication perse seeks a valuable tool for productive and detrimental when not used it correctly... You might wonder why this certain individual seem quite reluctant? have you ever asked suprisingly as to why?

I could make up something, is it maybe that the your boss have not really introduce both of you? Has she have any idea of your Job Description that you pin and shared jobs together? Was she willing to work things out to you? Or is there any trust in this kind of new introduction atmosphere you have engaged too? Or is it simply you don't communicate?

I agree it is difficult to dislike people whom you would liked and vice versa.. But the best way to solve this conflict is to open her up on a straight forward situation.. Be NICE, Be professional, Be a listener, be honest, be official when you have too and set your goals and professional wants... Goodluck..!!!

Bye for now... thank you!!!

From Saudi Arabia
boski
Hi Mr. X,
I think u’re getting there and I don’t think (but not sure) she intially had an IDEA about my complete Job Profile.
I believe you must have gone though the background of this case in my earlier posts. During my interview in this company, I was briefed on my “Job Profile”, out of which 10% was/is the very basic admin responsibilities, which, I, had to take care-off for Gurgaon Office, reason being myself physically being present there, which I’s perfectly ok with, as the Core admin guy sits in Delhi & I was to act as an interface for Admin stuff with this admin guy as explained by my ex-boss.
The mgmt. had to hire a HR person & they decided to appoint that HR at G’gaon office as they didn’t wish to incur extra cost by hiring an Admin person for such a small office which had/has the strength of 10-12 employees. (This I realized later and didn’t have any complain, however it’s never explained to/shared with me neither by my ex-boss nor by any of the sr. mgmt. person)
Later I did realize that the foremost reason of my appointment at Gurgaon office instead of Delhi, though our 80% staff sit at Delhi Office, which, had/has the major requirement of HR) was the actual mgmt’s need of a person who could be physically present in G’gaon office and could carry-off those basic admin requirement.
Now, My job profile was very much clear to me, to my ex-boss & to Gurgoan Office Head, BUT, I realize the same was not clear to anyone else at Delhi & Gurgaon except few very sr. deptmt. heads.
I was perceived as an Admin Rep (that too a candidate with a similar profile of what our Front. Desk Ext. was/is), which came as a shock to me. Here I’m sharing one incident happened just after 2 days of my joining to this firm;
·Some of our employees at our G’gaon approached to my with a request of arranging for Black Salt/Black Pepper for G’gaon office (as the same’s there in Delhi office), however, I did give them firm reply to approach to the Admin person & Exe (Front Desk. Ex) for the same, or else can send a requisition email to me & I’ll take it forward. I did notice that they felt offended as they were not expecting this kind of reply from their assumed “Admin. Exe.”
At that very point, I didn’t realize that why these people approached me for these things & even I felt bad &offended. However, I did share this with my Office Head & he told me clearly that they may perceived you as an Admin person, so, next time if they come again with these kind of request just direct them to me (to office Head).
There were many incidents happened then after, which made me think & believe, that either these people (including Admin Head/Exe. (Front Desk) and other staffs) are not clear about my role in this company or this Admin Head & Exes. Are misleading other employees by telling them, that, I’m the Admin. Person. I suffered a lot coz of it, as people use to approach me 4 something I couldn’t help them out & after getting my reply they used to fell offended as they also use to tell that the Delhi Fron. Desk. Exe. told them, that, I’m the one who will do it.
I told this to my ex-boss & suggested to have a concall with key people (including Admin Head & Exe.) so, that the confusion and doubts would get cleared, if any, & we’ll would be at the same platform, as the same is important for everyone to know who’s responsible for what, otherwise, people will end-up approaching wrong people for their work, which will only ruin the atmosphere in office. She did agree, but end up sharing Admin, Fron Desk. Exe. & HR job profile of the respective individuals with Delhi & Gurgaon Employees (which again was beyond my understanding, because the issue was not at all the employees who were approaching me for such stuff, but, the people who’re misleading them with my job profile). This all happened after the termination decision of Front Desk Exe. was taken-back.
However, I still stood firm, strong and started focusing on my job and almost stopped heed to all these un-professionalism things happening with me.
With my Professional, co-operative, mature attitude & work I share a very professional and healthy relations with most of the employees here. But these two people (Admin Head & Front Desk Exe) still has not changed their attitude towards me & it’s me who’s always been the initiator with them and do communicate with them on a regular basis.
Boski!

From India, Mumbai
Uma_avs
Hi,
Vineet is right. No talking or complainings. I had faced the same exact problem. So I can understand. Shoot a mail to her for the explanations and also send a copy to your boss. Be professional. If you are not getting any explanations from her send a reminder once again and don't forget to send a copy to your boss. Further, no steps has been taken against your email from both sides then you better look for some other job. I did the same.
Thks & rgds,
Uma.

From India, Calcutta
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.