capitol

Hi,

Daily if one or two employees comes late, and your supervisor ask them to entertain your staff by singing and dancing, then

don`t you think the precious time of other staff is wasted in watching the fun every day!!!!!!!!!!. Then all are to be punished !!

Instead try out in different ways like...

1. Ask them to submit a hand written letter to the Management quoting the reason for late coming and the same will not be repeated. While writing this

the habitual late comers will be guilty of repeatedly writing the same.

2. When you collect reasons, please try to solve some issues like, if some are late for not getting transport on time, please encourage them to share some vehicles of your

staff and educate them about sharing vehicle will not only save time it also saves cost. etc., If there are some valid reason, escalate it to the management to resolve it.

3. Other way of punishing could be

a. Collect Rs. 100 or 200 as fine every day from late comers and at the end of the month contribute it to some charity.

b. Ask them to get coffee / tea / snacks for your staff.

c. Pay Attendance bonus for staff present on all working days and punctual. This will avoid not only late comers also absence, leaves etc.

d. Leave deduction

e. Loss of Pay.

I am working for a school, we cannot be harsh to the teaching staff, so we mark a square box in red ink. They will lose 1 day leave / salary for every 3 red box.

Also we started encashing the balance CL. This has minimised the late coming.[/QUOTE]

From India, Bangalore
baldiv

Dear Friend
This system of giving punishment will work but at the same time we must reward the person who had come in time . So give Punishment like " Dance and Singing ' also have a pay cut if again done - second time and then reward those who had come in time end of the month.
Regards
B.Divakar

From India, Bangalore
nskulkarni
Take it easy, it's fun. I would take this opportunity to be late everyday tie up with some girlfriend and try to sing and dance with her, daily......Make the atmosphere lively, don'y see it as burden, the intension is not of punishment.
From Bahrain
tsivasankaran

Very novel method The supervisor really thinks out of the box. This is just not a punishment but he is taking efforts to correct them. A person may like to dance but no person may like to do the same dance every day by coming late Peer pressure is the best treatment to correct these people and the supervisor is adopting this strategy.It may not work out in an unionised situation but why not in offices where many youngsters are appointed. Find out methods to correct. We are not here to punish but to correct.
My appreciations to the supervisor concerned. Hope he gets support from his management. Ensure that it does not cross the limit
We used to have Hundis in meeting rooms and we insist on late comers to deposit Rs 10/( I am talking about 12 to 15 years back) and we used to spend this collection on evening outings

From India, Chennai
Gurgaon HR

Before giving dance or sing punishment to the employee one should understand the reason of late coming.
There are "n" numbers of reasons of late coming but if the employee is late because of personal problem or may be some one at home is not well or passed away if at that time you asked him / her to dance or sing then think how cheap that will be.
Things are depend upon situations one should have intelligence to differentiate it.
Chill HR !!

From India, Gurgaon
Anonymous

Hi,
Making dance or Sing as per my point of view is insulting of employees who reached late to the office normally this type of misunderstanding have been seen in school colleges, friend circles not at work places.
There is no such type of HR policy where this type of insulting of employee is accepted you can go for deducts there salaries as a punishment you can issue him a warning letter but this is really to muccccccccccccccch.
I am really telling you if any one is lodging for complain in legal the whole managements are in trouble hope u understand my words.

From India, Mumbai
karthikcj

Nice point to discuss. Coming late to office is not a right thing. That too coming late habitually is very bad. So he or she must be first warned & latter be punished. But here the point is on the quantum or mode of punishment.
Here asking an employee to dance or sing is the most worst, sadistic, uncivilized and immatured way of treating. As a Trainer, I've seen many people left job, a few cases of attempt to commit suicide has also seen. (I'm not justifying such coward behavior). So there're other better ways to punish like deducting salary, delay in pay hike even termination is also not a bad.
Even motivating factors like rewarding the people on time will also a right method. Some TL/Boss just for the sake of their entertainment they follow these kinds of cheap strategies.
Kind Regards.
C J Karthik.

From India, Bangalore
vanajaram

Hai friends,
for these type of things we need not go for any agency or person to solve the problem. First one should reform for not to repeat in coming days. Second thing we should try to explain our feeling regarding the issue fairly. Instead of trying the solve the problem from one side and feeling too much in oneself is not justifiable. These type of silly things will come across the life every where boldly solve the problem.

From India, Visakhapatnam
kraviravi.kravi@gmail.com

There is also possibility that supervisor might be a sadistic, psychopathic pervert who likes to make innocent working subordinates dance & sing and watch it and gain pleasure. The possibilities are endless. This action of supervisor should be taken as a DASTAK and corrected, failing which there is possibility of creation of another episode of Crime Patrol Dastak.
From India, Madras
loginmiracle

I think we can close this issue as the matter is an isolated one not widely or regularly happening affair. kumar.s.
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.