sani2002
Hi
Under Shops and Establishment act it is given that PRIVILEGE LEAVE is granted to covered employees. who are the Covered employees?

The employees will get privilage leave benifits only if company has policy to give privilage leave
or any state or central act/ law makes it compulsory for company to give the benifit of privilage leave

From India, New Delhi
mukesh_azad

Dear Sani
The employees who are working in any type of company which is covered under the Shops & Establishment Act are entitled for Privilege Leave. It is mandatory for the employmer/ company to grant the privilege leave to the employee as per Rules framed by the State Government as well as Central Government. The company may form their own policy for the leave, but the minimum leave creteria will be followed as per Government Rules.
I hope that the above will satify your query, if you want to seek any other clarification you are most welcome.

From India, Gurgaon
ATUL VISHWANATH ATHAVALE

Hi,
Under Shop & Establishment Act as well Factories Act there is a provision for grant of Privilege Leave which is earned leave. The minimum criteria for earned leave is 1 day leave for every 20 days worked by the employee subject to his actual attendance of 240 days in a year. ( For employees joining during the year it is not applicable). Many companies have their policies for No. Of leaves provided to the employees. But, the minimum shall be as per the above formula.
for

From India, Ichalkaranji
bunti

Dear Sani Anyone who work for company or shops may be direct or indirect is eligible to avail leave....... Regards
From India, Velluru
Vasant Nair

The provisions of law will prevail.

An establsihment can be covered either under the Factories Act or the Shops Act and entitlement of EL will be governed by the provisions of the applicable law.

Vasant Nair

From India, Mumbai
Mgautam

Kindly let me know if the company is not ready to abide by the rules of the govt. then? My company gives 12 leaves a year, i,e, 1 compulsory leave per month.. despite of the fact that i have shared the delhi shop and establishment act with them.
Wat can be done in this case

sani2002
as per my info PL is given addition to CL and SL
I think if company is not following rules of shop and establishment act,
Shop and establishment Inspector can file a case against the employer
if employer is not attending the case himself or trhough representative , warant can be issued by the court against him and penalised for each violation
As 'leave' rules are related to employee welfare, may be, compaint can be given to labour/employee welfare monitoring authorities. They can also send an inspecter to check

From India, New Delhi
avishek.task2011

Dear Sani
The Rules for Earned Leave In India are laid differently according to ministries- Central Government and State Government and department for instance Central Civil Services(Leave) Rules, 1972 are applicable to Central Government Government employees only .Beside this earned leave is different for different departments for example a Railways and Education(Teaching). Just go to google search and type your state name added by Civil Services Rules.
Please go through these link and take it as ready reff.......
http://www.nitt.edu/www/uploads/684_leaverulesv2.pdf
India leave policy
With Regards
Avishek

From India, Calcutta
sani2002
Upto how many days can be carried forward to next year for privilage leaves, if no privilage leaves are taken ?
From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.