rajeshwari0004
Mr. Anonymousa
What is your problem? y u r so much againest to appoint a lady who is pregnent?your answer shows that you shared not shared infact you are doing work of all pregnent ladies .
yes a pregnent lady cannot sit late nights.
yes she cannot do marketing job
But it doesn't mean that she cannot do any job.she can choose a job which she can do easily and after few months of break she can continue it.we can not aware of her situation .Maybe she needs a job.so THINK POSITIVE AND GIVE POSITIVE replys.

From India, Bangalore
AC_RAJI

Dear Sunitha
It won't be advisable for a six month pregnant woman to work. For, she has chosen to go on a family way, this should be her only priority and preference for the health and safety reasons. If required, only creative work that can be done on computer, sitting at home would be recommended in this situation.
Best wishes

From India, Gurgaon
Cite Contribution

Thankyou Sir,

Appreciate you sharing the relevant facts from the law . In addition to it , here's sneak peek to the ML Policy practised by an industry leader . It might help us to think from an employer's point of view and understand the decision maker's mind based on which the talent should be able to take a call on the employement with the company.

1. Every female married employee will be eligible for 90 days of Maternity leave.
  2. ML will be restricted to two live births during the life of a female employee.
  3. Minimum (160) days of actual work in twelve months preceding the date of expected delivery is necessary for grant of ML.
  4. Employee may avail of twelve weeks of ML, six weeks each preceding and following the delivery.
  5. Employees requiring extension of leave on medical grounds should produce a Medical Certificate and leave will be considered on merits of the case.
  6. In case of miscarriage, based on the company medical advisor’s recommendation, leave will be granted up to six weeks following the day of miscarriage.
  7. ML will be a paid leave up to a maximum of 90 days only.
Regards,

(Cite Contribution)

From India, Mumbai
Cite Contribution

Greetings ,

I agree with Raj , we are here as custodians to guide our fellow members on their quest to learn further and not to judge on their queries .

We need to be aware of the legal and business requirement. But then as an HR its upto us to become a think tank and offer solutions. At the end of the day we are working with and for Human beings, hence the legal and business guidelines cannot sweep us away from the core.

Regards,
(Cite Contribution)

From India, Mumbai
vkokamthankar

I am not aware of any legal provision requiring to provide cab to pregnant employee. Please elaborate on relevant legislation/law and the specific provision.
From India, Pune
Yaasmin

All the ladies will be happy to sit at home during pregnancy, but if any lady is willing to work on her 6mth pregnancy stage that menas she sufferring financial crunches, why to demoralise her.
some people are taunting like its not pregnancy, its an disease and can be spread in air, the person who are against this employment are so hard hearted.
why shoul any one sit late to work, come on time and leave on time, simple.
as an hr, we need to think from both side (employee as well as employer).
if she is availing leave and benefits then what is the problem to any individual ? it is the matter of company and governments.

From India, Mumbai
tajsateesh

Hello Everyone,
In all these comments, remarks & wise statements by ALL OF US, where on Earth is Sunita?
She posted this Thread on 25th Aug & then seem to have vanished, while all of us are countering every other person's comments.
My feeling is she has made up her mind--OF NOT JOINING A JOB.
When she can get all such fun of going thru all these responses--some hilarious & some not-so-hilarious & others really insightful--without stepping out-of-home, why do a job at all? :-)
If she doesn't respond now, maybe all of us should focus on other Threads where the suggestions/advice is more necessary/needed? Upto all of you.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
singhsunita1984

Dear All,
First of all I would like to thanks to each & every member who has expressed their view so openly & freely, Well i would like to throw more lights on my situation, I am working with a recruitment agency as a BDO, & our company is likely to shift its operation from Mumbai to Vadodara in next months i.e. end of september.......& they have given us a month notice & I would be entering into 6 months in september but as of now I haven't face any problems while working even I haven't taken more than 3-5 leaves & that to on account of other reasons...So I think I am fit & fine for new Job ....but my question was would any new company will consider my situation or I have to sit at home for more 6 months..which would be very difficult for me....I am not expecting any benefits or any other privileges...I would like to keep myself engage in some activity in a form of new Job.
Rgds
Sunita

From India, Mumbai
Yaasmin

Dear Sunita,
Do not concentrate on negative posts, there are number of good and sincere (good human beings) posted here for your help, I really appreciate them.
Go ahaed for search for new job, you will definately pass as per your capabilities and experience.
But personally I think, women should take rest from 7 month of pregnancy (to avoid any risk and for good health of child) and should come back after 4 months or 6 months delivery.
As you wish as per your convinience and necessity.
Dont Worry, Be Happy.

From India, Mumbai
rajeshwari0004
hi yaasmin, I am fully agreed with your post.Now its easy for sunita for taking her decision. regards rajeshwari
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.