isl
Hi,
I do agree with RR. the management is required to know first the reason behind such practice. if he is a gud performer thn i hope he would be a gud candidate too.
However, to solve ur problem u can take a counseling session with him n cud try to know the fact behind such behavior. he could also be told tht though he is a gud performer so every one expect him to be a role model but his tht attitude spoiling his image.
secondly, u can issue him a show cause notice too for being absented tht too willfully and ask for an explanation as to why not a disciplinary action shall be taken against him.
in our organization we do the same. we take a counseling session with our employees if they dont follow the rules n bothers for the same.
i hope it works
best of luck.

From India, Vijayawada
nishadht

This is a typical case of drawing the thin line between achievers and arrogance. If he/she is having a genuine reason for being absent then record it and ignore. Try giving more target since he may be exceptionally good to complete the target easily.Provide incentive for that extra targets. Use your stick and the carrot judiciously against such employees since it is not easy to get the right people for the right job
nishadht

From India, Bangalore
naikismail
In my openion the response of Tina is most appropriate in this particular case. Kind regards, Ismail Naik
From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
sanjeevbakshi
Dear fren,
This guy understand that he is a performer and will be given leverage of this fact. However, you need to understand that he has clear demarkation of personal and proffessional life. He do not compromise on business front as well in personal front. he need a couple of days off every month and you need to honour that, grant him in advance and ask him to keep company informed, to make him realize that you respect his need. But if he still do not respect the company policy and gesture than its a discipline issue, you need to take appropriate action.
Regards

From India, New Delhi
majpsgill
If the guy is delivering why do you want to see him in the office everyday. The guy is good, he is managing his time well, when he is off, he is off, and when he is working, he delivers it in full. Why do you want to have people sitting in the office and doing nothing to achieve their targets. Give him specific incentives to deliver 125% or more. It may get him more involved. While he stays off the breaks he may also deliver more and just as he delivers more than the rest, you must plan to pay him more.
From India, Calcutta
harshil2006

Do nothing, Just forgot to pay him a salary for 3-5 months and argue with him if u can do then why we not ?
From India, Surat
nashbramhall

It amuses me when bloggers are so eager to contribute advice without even questioning the thread starter (Radhika, in this case) for more facts on the case. Is it possible that the thread starter is a student seeking a soultion for an assignment question, as the title says "Case Study...."? In which case, she would not know.
If it is a real problem in her company, should we not be seeking information on how that 3-5 days abasence is effected? Is it on the same day of the week, every week? This may be the case when the employee goes to say a hospital, or see a sick relative, etc.
Like some respondents have aptly stated, it's easier to sack a person on grounds of indiscipline than to recruit an excellent employee. So, more investigation needs to be before suggesting a solution.
Have a nice day.
Simhan
A retired academic in the UK

From United Kingdom
asitverma
If counselling doesn’t work, initiate disciplinary action as per service rules and award lighter punishment to improve upon his rate of absenteism. A.K.Verma
From India, Jamshedpur
jitender901

just as he has performed well and he knows that the company appreciates him, a wrong conception has creeped into his mind that he is indespensable. Idea is ro remove this misconception and send him a message that no body is indespensable.And not only him, your company also should understand this, because somewhere somebody thinks that way otherwise he would have been removed on disciplinary grounds.If he goes, I am sure somebody even better will take his place.I hope he is not a favourite of some big wig in your organisation
From India, Delhi
thesocialdoctor

Just speak to that person one to one and discuss the issues in a positive enviornemnet
avoid giving serious warnings
be cool and calm handling such star shooters
these are astronomers and should be treated like astronomers only
keep interacting with him on a continous basis
if you convey thesame thing in a friendly manner i believe he understand

From India, Udaipur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.