No Tags Found!

mohit gujral

Hi Nipuna.
As suggested by my frnds above if ur present co.ready 2 give u both hr profile & salary hike then be there..but with written letter from management regarding ur salary hike and changed profile. If they don't agree then there is no reason 2 stay there bcz whether it is big or small co. if ur profile is nt HR or u r learning less things about hr then then better 2 shift 2 another co. where u can learn and grow more in HR with Job satisfaction because once u learn the HR generalist work u can go in any company.
Thanks,
Mohit Gujral

From India, Bhogpur
vikrantlucky
I too have faced similar situation. I personal think you should join new company. Regards, Vikrant Bajaj
From India
Akhouri Nishant

Hi Nipuna,
I believe you should change your job as the environment you are working in now, is not very great, whereas I am sure KPOs have a very modern style of working and better work culture. I wish you all the best for your new assignment.
Regards,
Akhouri Nishant

From India, New Delhi
vamsidhar

Hi Nipuna,
If you are not sattisfied with your current job, and if you believe that the offer you got in new firm is good compared to present, and if there is scope for learning in new job then you can change the job.
Regards
Vamsidhar R

From India, Hyderabad
payal talmale

HI Nipuna,
I must say see ur comfort & satisfaction level.
Even though u r currently working in a big comp. u r not satisfied in terms of role. U have already worked with them for 1 year & seen how they r keeping there propmise.
Sometimes, u should be ready to take risk & face the coming challenges.
I will suggest u to go ahead with ur new offer only if the job profile & challenges r good & its something that u like. No matter whether its little small. Do research about ur new comp. & the HR team with whom u will be working before taking any decision.
I too faced the same situation & the suggestion is wht i have experienced.
Think big & move...
All the best

From India, Pune
kaifahmad
Nipun,
I believe that you have given the company a suitable time to act to your problems, and despite a lot of hue and cry the organisation didn't do anything, and now that you have resigned they want to retain you.
Having resigned if you take it back, you will be seen as person who has resigned to get a raise, which is not your intension.
Thus a clear option is that you should join the KPO.
Also, Services have a better compensation and are more structured than that of Manufacturing.
Regards,
Kaif

From India, Bahadurgarh
siddu_st
Hi everyone,
I am Siddalingesh Totiger, doing MBA in HR, I need the list of the organization which recruit fresh MBA's and also the list of the companies which go for campus recruitment. It would be a great help for me if anyone can send me the information regarding such organisations.

From India, Bangalore
jyo.kp3

Hi Nipuna,
You need to consider 2 points:
Your CV is already affected, in the sense it would carry one year of secretarial role in your career. Would you prefer your CV to mention 'more' than one year of Secretarial Role?
In the fast advancing and changing HR industry would you like to be left behind doing secretarial duties instead of gaining experience in HR practices?
If you can find answers for these two questions you can decide easily.
No employer would ever give any letters to employees promising roles at a future date. Especially in bigger companies no HR move is undertaken which would set a precedent without a written policy.
If you are given a proper role and hike immediately consider it done. In such case, it is worth considering staying back as your past one year secretarial role would be absorbed in the future HR role and big companies do give stability to your career once you are in the main stream.
Good luck
Jyothi

renukashetty2007
Dear all,
I Am working in a Electrical manufacturing company last 11 years, in 1997 i joined as receptionist after 8 months they have changed me receptionist to MD's PA. I worked three years. after that in 2001 personnel officer resigned they handover the personnel work to me. I handled all the works by taking the guidance to sr people.. In 2007 july.they appointed hr manager to look after the personnel dept. he worked 6 months and resigned on december 2008. from jan 2008 to till july 2008 i was looking the personnel dept.
now they again appointed hr manager. last 10 years i was looking after the total Personnel dept, Admn and secretary works. now they say that you work to MD PA. only. they are not giving me any importance and they are paying high remuneration hr managers. our management never follows hr rules. I decided to resigned waiting for better opportunity give me your suggestions.

with regards

renuka
renu

jyo.kp3

Hi Renu,

Its common in smaller firms to utilise the services of employees in various roles as suitable to the management. They had utilised your services temporarily in HR, whenever needed, as you gained working knowledge but eventually filled up the vacancy with a qualified HR professional.

It seems you do not have a specific career plan as you have been accepting whichever role the company has been giving you. Though you might not have had a plan while joining as a receptionist since you have gained some experience, you could now decide on which line of career to pursue.

If you are interested in pursuing the line of HR you could look for opportunities in other companies in HR field with the experience you have gained. However working knowledge alone is not sufficient and employers do look for supporting academic qualification. It is advisable to supplement your experience with a Diploma or PG in HR which would give you a better chance in good companies and also help you in your future promotions. Take up one year correspondence course and complete it while working.

If you are comfortable financially, take a break and complete your studies. Otherwise its better to continue working and study.

All the best. Cite HR team is always there to guide you. :-)

Jyothi K

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.