Rakesh Pd Srivastav

Dear Saleemnahami,

As rightly suggested by Mr Nair in the above post, you can withdraw your resignation as long as it has not been accepted and the same intimated to you in writing. You are within your rights to withdraw your resignaion. However, one thing puzzles me, how did you manage to join another company without getting your resignation letter accepted and you properly relieved ? If you joined your new company without undergoing these basic joining formalities then one can easily understand the culture and basic framework of HR in that company. Your decision to leave that company is prudent one and your effort for making a come back is right.

In fact, almost everybody, however much matured /intelligent he may be, makes a decision in his life for which he regrets later and that too for a long period. You are not an exception, so don't get perturbed and start looking for opportunities towards correction.

The first and best option is to speak with your former employer and clarify your position. Probably, they might consider you for rejoining if your records are clean and impeccable. However, if they have already taken somebody in your place or issued an offer letter, then it is not possible for you to come back in your former company. You can continue working with your current company till you get a new opportunity, but for heavens sake, please don't make decision in haste out of sheer desperaion.

Good luck and all the best !

Rgds,

Rakesh Pd Srivastav

From India, Gurgaon
priya vbs

Dear Saleem
I its the last change which is left to you for sticking with the same job. So take immediate action, Have a talk with your reporting person directly. Tell him clearly about your situation, give him assurance that you will continue your work commitment and consistency in job. I hope surely management will consider to rehire you. Because re-recriting the most qualified or experienced staffs is a part of HR activity.
Regards
Priya
Mail id:priyaa.vbs@gmail.com

From India, Bangalore
K. Balakrishnan.

Dear Mr Saleem

Mistakes are bound to happen. Here you have already committed a mistake of leaving a 24 years experience bank job and don't know the reason. The new job may be of quite challenging and ofcourse monitorily beneficial. It is very difficult to judge a new assignment/new organization within a span of 10 days and I suggest if it is a reputed organization you try to settle down which will take 2-3 months. The feeling of uncomfortability is only because you completed a long span of 24 years and within 10 days you cannot get such a feeling. If the position you got with your current organization and also the monetory benefits is extremely good and moreover if you have a confidence in your capabilities it is better to continue with your present organization wherein your growth is unknown. Approaching the bank for withdrawing your resignation may probably lead to an uncomfortable situation, not immediately but at a later stage like transferring etc., These are only possibilities and hence I suggest your accepting the new job and at a later stage in case you are not able to adjust try another job with your confidence in you. All the best and not to worry. These are all momentry things and believe me nobody adjusted with their new job in 10-15 das time. Best of Luck to you.

From India, Ahmadabad
pkjain62

Dear Saleem
You must take your own decision about the job and decide what is better for you. The various suggestions given by the members can help you to choose a right decision.
However, so far the remedy of your problem is concerned there are various pronouncements of various High Courts and Apex Court and according to the same the employee concerned may withdraw letter of his resignation before the same become effective. You may have a look of such citation in the matter of Nand Keshwar Prasad v IFFCO, (1998) 5 SCC 461.
So if you decide to rejoin the previous employment then it is advisable to make a written submission, immediately for withdrawal of your resignation but make sure not to mention about your other employment as suggested by Mr. Kargaokar. Then you can make some personal efforts for the same.
If you decide otherwise or you do not get success in your efforts try to give your best with the other job. It’s all part of life.
pkjain

From India, Delhi
loginmiracle

Dear friend,
Once you decided to rejoin why & what for you R waiting. Just submit a letter to your employer withdrawing the resignation and straight away try to rejoin. That's all. If you are lucky and yr. resignation is still not approved or not communicated to you, you'll have better chance. I'm sure after so many yrs.of service you'll know how to draft a simple withdrawal of resignation letter. If you are still waiting for drafting a letter and for opinions of some of us it may be too late pal. Act fast, if you were good with your bosses they would definitely help you. Talk to them and do the needful.
All the best.
kumar.s.

From India, Bangalore
Maverick7

Dear Saleem,

Every organization crave for potential and honest employees and in your case , 24 years of experience says it all therefore, you need not worry as you resigned in a proper manner and you did inform your supervisor about your reason of leaving hence, it would have been recognized and appreciated.

Everyone wants to grow in life and so did you try but unfortunately, you didnt like your new job and it is very obvious that you would want to re-join your previous employer beacuse of natural reasons that you must have developed a comfort level and good relationship with your colleagues and supervisors then.

I believe, there is no harm in contacting your ex-employer and let him know your apprehensions and I'm sure he will appreciate it and looking at your previous record, he will give you the benefit of doubt to re-appoint .

In case, due to official policy reasons, you dont get an oppotunity to join back, dont be disappointed, instead try to look out for some other job and inform your ex-employer about your keen interest in your prior Bank so that your application can be re-considered in future acc to the vacancy in the future.

Thanks

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.