No Tags Found!

NK SUNDARAM

In any organisation's budget, salary and related costs are around 10% or less. If it is more, your business model is not correct. That being so, you can always reduce your profit margins to such an extent, the employees can continue having their livelihood . These days loyal employees are hard to get. You keep them in your employment, may be, if they agree, pay a little less than what you used to pay. Once things become normal, increase their salary levels. That way, they will remain loyal to you, refer more candidates honestly and sincerely.
Best wishes

From India
ankitha-subbaiah
Dear Sandra,
Event management company requires skillful employees to terminate those skillful employees will be a problem to the company in the future. It's better to retain them, once the situation normalise then it would be a mager problem to hire employees. Retaining the employees during this crisis and helping them financial and mentally ( i. e, counseling) would increase the goodwill of the company which in turn would help in the expansion of the company in the future after the pandemic.
Ask them for suggestions for the existing situation and encourage appropriate and suitable suggestions.

From India, Bengaluru
Edwinsingh
Dear sir
I am working in admin (on third party contract basis) in a govt company. Working for past 9 years. In the lock down period I went to native. But my company opened on 20.04.2020. One of the officer called me to join the duty immediately, but I couldn't able to reach. By their pressure I catch the travels and reached on 06.08.2020. Now they are telling to search another job, we found another person. They are not given any proper intimation and removed my name from attendance register. Now I am in jobless. In this case where I can approach? I am expecting your valuable opinions from each.
With regards
S Edwin singh

From India, Delhi
Madhu.T.K

It is true that due to lockdown the company was also shut down but you should not have taken it for granted that you could leave the headquarters. At least you should have reported within a reasonable time of reopening but you reported only after three months. Moreover, you were on off rolls. The employer can very well ask the contractor for a replacement. Since you have no legal relationship with the company, you cannot do anything but approach your employer (contractor) for a placement somewhere else.
From India, Kannur
gannahope

Ya
The employer has every right to take or remove any employee as per norms binding with labourlaws and law of the land and also fit with natural jusice.
Apply the situation on
y our financial position comfortable to both existence right to live right to have employment.
Think yourself for a while an amicable solution derives.
All the Best.

From India, Nellore
prathmesh-chikne
Dear Sandra,
According to my view, don't terminate the employee in this tough situation. I also have been there in Hospitality business. We have started many small scale new business to survive in the market.
It's your decision regarding pay cut or send them on leave for few days.
Prathmesh
HR & IR

From India, Pune
rashmi-pavaskar
Hello Sandra,

According to me terminating the employees would not be the best solution for company. We should always remember that the employees are the assets of the company. And after terminating them may make the company's situation even more worse. You may have to spend a lot to get people who can work like the employees you had previously. And the cost of recruiting, training etc will be even more and a burden to the company.
Instead you can grant them leaves without pay. The company need not pay the employees when they have not worked for the organization. They wont have any strong reasons to ask for the salaries. Going further the company can think of to provide benefit like bonus, or team activities to their employees if incase the revenue is generated and can afford something for employees. The employees would be fine with that as they should understand the current situation.

From India, Mangalore
Aol

I wouldn't advocate for termination at this period in time but instead have a dialogue and quite honest discussions with the team - just for the purposes of reaching an amicable agreement where each party understands every decisions taken at any given point. Communicate, communicate , communicate. Amount commemorating to employees survival otherwise known as subsistence could work out during this period.
From Kenya, South Kinangop
dmc123

Dear Sandra
You can resort to lay off if the permanent strength of employees is below 100. However you need to pay lay off wages. Other option is to retrench them as they are rendered surplus by following the provisions of Section 25F wherein retrenchment compensation at the rate of 15 days per completed year of service plus one months notice pay is required to be paid. You need to display categorywise seniority list and retrench the workmen on the basis of last come first go. When the situation improves and you want to rehire workmen, you have to give preference of employment to them.
Individual notice is required to be displayed 8 days prior to retrenchment and the dues are to be paid on the day of retrenchment, otherwise it will be illegal and void.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.