shilpibanerji
Dear Srini,
I am also a HRD manager in my company. My story is also same as yours but the only difference is i am in a corporate sector but no one wants to follow any rule.
I am here from last 13 months and introduces so many things like proper leave cl, pl, ID cards, excess cards, time schedule, annual picnic for staff, leave formats and so on.........still i am blamed as the culprit in my office, if some one is late or makes mistakes my boss blames only me, I am in HR line from last 4 years and lastly only one thing i can say is Boss will be never happy. I am only the person in my office whom every one takes as their enemy as i made so many rules in office. So, dear this is corporate life you have to stuck with your rules and take the other people as your teachers. They teach you a lot.
and be loyal with your company but never stuck their, always look for better opportunity in life it will definitely increase your self confidence.
With Love
Shilpi Banerji:)

From India, Lucknow
shashank_pallav
Hi,
What I feel like for any changes people resist. But if the changes are made gradually then effects also come unnoticeable. One more thing I would recommend using the secondary channel like grapevine to know the reactions over the changes to come will be very helpful. this is in regards to keep informed ( good up / downward communication) among staff.
We did this while implementing ESI in Fortis.
Do revert Back
Thanks,
Shashank

From India, New Delhi
raopvs

Dear Srini
I have faced same problem in one of the pharama CRO. First 3 moths employees are treated same what ur facing and after that all are very close to me and they have given good co-operation. But MD is not that much of co-operative. I waited two years but there is no changes in MD's thinking. I left the organisation. Still all employees are contacting with me. It was allmost all 2.5 yrs completed.
Venkat
HR Manager

From India, Hyderabad
ajaypadnekar

Hi,

This is a common issue with all the start up companies and the company which introduce HR department. Because of such issues if HR manager decided to change the field then i can call it Foolishness or Lack of confidence.

You should have very good listening skill and confidence to confront such situatuions. These are the basic qualities required for change management as it cannot be done over a night.

Some basic points.
1) Sit with the employees and listen them carefully.
2) Make them understand the need of change management.
3) Make them feel HR manager/Dept is not to harrass them but to support.
4) Explain the benefits of Change management.
5) Give them a chance and time to understand the need of it.
6) Discuss with line managers.
7) Design and explain compensation and reward programs.
8) Explain the benefits in their futureif they follow those rules.
9) Prepare a presentation on Time Management.
10)Explain the statutory benefits like PF/ESI.

There are many more things can be done to over come such situation.

Hope initially these points will help you. If requires more help mail me on

From India, Bangalore
vedvyash

Dear Friend, This Opportunity for you better Opportunity . try best & be confident. Regards Vedvyash Head HR & Admin Surya design Line Pvt. Ltd
From India, Delhi
sarophine@yahoo.co.uk
hi srini
Im also in the same situation... Im working as a HR Manager in a manufacturing im the first person appointed as a HR... Before that there is no HR dept was here. I introduced the new rules in wearing id cards, uniform, time keeping, leaves, permission.... and so on... till that the employees wer very close to me even they call me as sister... once i introduced the rules to them they stopped talking to me and they named me as Hitler.......
But i wont mind these matters... Im just doing my work... i would like to gain experience..... Nothing is matter if v take it easy.....
regards,
saro:icon6:

From India, Madras
Priyadarshini Bharath
Dear Srini,
Before you take any decision, answer these questions for yourself:
Did you jump in and make these changes immediately after joinining?
Did you take inputs from the floor managers and production managers / call for a discussion and share your views?
Any organization will have some resources / talents who can be opinion builders. Once you had the approval from the MD, it is best suited, especially in a manufacturing / industrial setup to discuss with other stake holders.
Better late than never. Get these guys into the loop. Take to them. Delegate this responsibility to them. In this way, they will also feel important. See if they have any suggestions to be made. When HR is making any policy changes, it is always best adviced to take opinions and entrust certain responsibilities to other stake holders.
regards,
Priyadarshini Bharath

From India, Madras
andymahe2

Hi Srinivasan,

Atleast you are getting appreication from your MD, here I am not getting even from him though after brought in several changes in the organization. Mine is the company started a year back and the first guy who was the semi professional having 1 or 2 years experience in Admin spoiled the whole show.

When I strated bring in all systems as you, people use to comment and not supported and started greeting the admin guy who supported them without any system.

In general, people who have enjoyed and spent their time as they want will not accept the changes immediately. It is the responsibility of the HR Manager to bring them ourside....this can be possible to interact with them closely and accept the comments and then explain them the significance of the changes and its requirement.

People will surely start accepting you....kindly erase from your mindset that people are looking you as enemy...why do you have that in your mind.

As you think, if you are switching to other job or organization, even the situation worst then this....what you will do.....Managing everything and bringing easiness is the primary job of the HR Manager.

All the very best................success do not come to you ....you go to it....

Regards

Maha

From India, Mumbai
girisav
Srinivasan,
My suggestion would be
1. Please note that change has to be brought in slowly and requires lot of patience on your part if you want to see the changes happening.
2. Take the concerned people - floor managers, workers, etc., into confidence by explaining them why the changes are required. This will make them be a part of change and your value will increase in their eyes as you make them a part of your decision making process.
3. Draw out a plan on how the change will be implemented and take concurrence of the MD (blessings of MD... :))
4. Put an end date for all the processes to be completed and to be in place.
5. Work towards that goal and show the orgn that you are capable of working under severe pressures, hostile envirionment, etc.,
6. This approach would be welcomed by one and all and your job is much easier and simpler.
thanks and all the best in your assignment.
Giridhar

From India, Bangalore
nelson25

Dear Srini,
you have done the right thing for the benifit of the organization and you have achieved it,, for every good steps there must be a feed back,, For eg. no one is liking to accept the smoke prohibition act which come recently...but it will make them to reduce their smoking perday atleast... so think like that and always think positively dont go for giveups.... you r a trend setter for the non regulated company... Medicine is initially bittering and when they think about the curing because of that medicine then they will accept that and go like that and dont hasitate to take the right decisions and implementing ..
Go along with your own decisions and be a good bridge between the emploiees and the boss....
All the best..
Regards.
Nelson
Chennai.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.