No Tags Found!

jayant-narang

Have you heard the name Wilma Rudolph? She is an inspiration of millions of people. You know why? No..? I suggest you to read this....

When Wilma Rudolph was four years old, she had polio. To make matters worse, her family was poor. Her father was a railroad porter and her mother was a maid.

Wilma had to wear a brace and the doctor said she would never put her foot on the earth. But her mother encouraged her. She told Wilma that with persistence and faith she could achieve anything she wanted. At the age of nine, against the advice of the doctors, she removed the brace and took her first step. At the age of 13, she entered her first race and came last. And then she entered her second, and third and fourth race and came last until a day came when she came in first.

At the age of 15 she met a coach by the name of Ed Temple. She told him, “I want to be the fastest woman on this earth." Temple said, "With your spirit, nobody can stop you."

The day came when she was at the Olympics. Wilma was matched against a woman named Jutta Heine who had never been beaten. The first event was the 100-meter race. Wilma beat her and won her first gold medal.

In the 200-meter race, Wilma again beat Jutta and won her second gold medal. In the 400-meter relay the fastest person always runs the last lap and they both anchored their teams. The first three people ran and changed the baton easily. When it came to Wilma's turn, she dropped the baton. But seeing Jutta shoot up at the other end, she picked the baton, ran like a machine, beat Jutta a third time and won her third gold medal.

She became the first American woman to win three gold medals in a single Olympic Game. Rudolph was called the fastest woman in the world in the 1960s.

Wilma retired from running when she was 22 years old, but she went on to coach women's track teams and encourage young people. She started the Wilma Rudolph Foundation to help children learn about discipline and hard work.

Moral of the story- If you have to achieve something, you have to fight for it.

Have a nice day :-)

From India, Ludhiana
shreeyaconsultancy

Very encouraging story. One must be committed to try continuously for achieving the set goal in life. K.P.Misra
From India, Delhi
jake-walsh
I think that we all need to dedicate enough time to our kids because they are our future and it's necessary to follow them and track them if it's needed. I just want to say that it is our main priority. At this website https://bestparentalcontrolapps.com/...text-messages/ everybody able to find the best application for your own kid. it is really useful to read such reviews and I hope that it will serve you properly.
From United States, New York
jayant-narang

Absolutely right @Shreeyaconsultancy. Glad you liked the story!
From India, Ludhiana
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.