No Tags Found!

bnvpradeep

Hi Guys,
Think of a situation, where you require a person with more than 6-8 years, he wont give his time, if u wanna conduct a interview during work hrs, in such a situation as a HR we need to take up an interview at a very odd time. This happens mostly with IT recruiters, especially U.S.
so, its quite impossible for ppl in some industries to work from 9-6

From India, Hyderabad
sandy.archana

I don't think so...My duty time is 2 -11. First half I follow- up with consultancies (2-4), then (4-7) I coordinate with candidates for interviews and lineup and 3rd half I prepare documents... In fact it save lot of time...like if I have to coordinate with candidates during pick hours they are busy in meetings, projects , travelling after 8 they all settle down and can talk with fresh mood...:)

Archana

From India, Pune
adgandhi
Dear Sanket,
I think, sitting late in office does not have to do with the function you work. It should not even have to do with your Boss. (there are people who sit late, just to impress their Boss).
It is all upto you & your work. If you have work beyond office hours and if believe in completing the day's work on the same day, then you should not mind sitting late. If you intend to go on time, then you should either increase your efficiency of work or compromise on the throughput of your assignments.
At the end of the day, it should be solely your decision as to whether you should sit after office hours or not.
Regards,
Ajay

From India, Chennai
kavitash

It depends on company to company and type of organisation. Also HR work is related to quality and not quantity.
From India, Ahmadabad
carol.g
Hi All,
According to my point of view HR does not have any time limits like 9 - 6. But HR works round the clock not only when he is in the office but also if he is out of office. HR has that much of responsibility that the work will be continued even if he/she is not in the office.
I can also give you an example.
I work for an autobile industry as HR. Our company runs 3 shifts. If any problem arise in the third shift also, will be informed to me by the concern departments.
So we have to be available 24hours.

From India, Madras
rrameshhr
Yes. If you plan your work well and organize any HR person can work within stipulated time frame. Ramesh
From India, New Delhi
manasa_
Hi Sanket,
There's no strict rule that HR shud work bet 9-6..esp as u mentioned in recruitment field..it doesnt work practically..
in recruitment.. u will need to schedule interviews.telecons.. esp for senior guys on weenkends or beyond 9-6 timings..
Regards,

From India, Bangalore
hopegovind

I believe, HR is not a back office job just sitting at a place and do the job. HR is a vast concept. I believe, HR job raleated to understanding expectation of people i.e. Human Resources, to nurture, develop and provide right direction to it.
If the organisation closes its operation at 6 PM and starts at 9 AM, its OK to sit for HR there upto this time only, else there should be always hR present to solve query of people. In my organisation, The HR starts at 8.30 and ends at 7.30 but none sits more than 8 hours unless it is required (during appraisal, key meeetings, training etc.)
Regards
Govind

From India, Mumbai
ferns
Its not always that HR works for more than 8 hours. But if time and suituation demands you need to spend extra hours in the office.
From India, Mumbai
kannu123
Hello every body
As per every body discussion that HR should work only from ( 9 to 6).
Yes they have to only in this time only because we r the connecting people of Employees and employers. It depends upon the team size of the HR division . Because we are handling lot people in recuritment, payroll , Retension of people.... etc,
For ex take my calender
Month 20 days recuritment will taken in our organisation and remaining days reguarly work .
Thanks
R.Vigneshkumar

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.