No Tags Found!

anupama_kl
Dear all Please tell me the difference between compensatory off and overtime(OT) is comp off applicable for software people, please giude me in this regard Anupama
From India, Bangalore
swastik73

Dear Anupama,

Compensatory due off: Every employee works for Six days in a week and get one day off. If an employee is called on such an Off day, he is entitled to enjoy a day off on a working day.

Overtime: Overtime is the excess period worked over an above the agreed period against which the Company is liable to pay additional payments at a prescribed rate. For example in most cases working hours per day is 8, if a worker is made to work for 10 hours in a day, his overtime is equal to two hours.

Now coming to IT. Both Compensatory Off and Overtime are paid as per statutory norms guided by various Acts which may be applicable. If your Company is registered under Shops and Establishment Act then then both Compensatory due off and Overtime will be applicable for employees who fall under the category as per the Act.

If none of the Employees is covered by the Act than Company is not bound to give them.

As for Management Cadre none of the above is applicable and it is solely on the Company to give effect. Management Employees should not be given overtime as they are not suppose to have any fixed working period.

Compensatory Off is usually given to all Management employees by many Company as a way of Welfare and creation of a conducive and stress free work environment.

Regards,

SC

Regards,

SC

From India, Thane
sujata1jan

Hi Anupama
Though I would not be able to give you exact definition for the same but as per my exp. OT is when you do extra work. Like if your office timing are 9-6 and guy is working till 10 p.m or if he / she is coming on holiday for work then it is called OT.
Comp off is when he take leave on behalf of the work he / she has done on holiday.
Yes, comp off applicable for software people
If you need any further clarification you can call me on my no. i.e. 98710-81358
Regards
Sujata

From India, Faridabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.