niranjan81@gmail.com
Ok.

Though its little complex, I will try my level best to put it as simply as possible. Read the following statements one by one very carefully, it will make you thought process very clear and more importantly, sharp.

1. All HR personnel are professionals in their organisations.

2. They are paid for their professional skills such as communications, and are depended on for their professional advice as & when the organisation needs it.

3. Every professional should ensure that he has not fallen short of in his deliverables in any which way. Service or Advice as & when necessary.

4. Every professional should not be bothered about the calls taken by their seniors, particularly those in which their advice or service aspect has not been taken in account.

Leaving aside these basic axioms, there is something very very important little detail being overlooked by you.

No matter ho technology advanced an organisation becomes, there are certain legal, statutory requirements which must be adhered to any case. No buts and No excuses are entertained when it comes of statute. And one of such statutory requirement till date is that every organisation maintains a hand-written muster for registering the day-in and day-out.

The swipe system is nice, sleek, friendly and very comfortable when it comes to generating reports, :icon6: However, it will never be accepted by an inspector appointed by the government. The swipe system will be acceptable to law only and only when its said so in the books of law :icon6:

Unfortunately the truth is that the senior who are so uncomfortable with is actually saving you and the company from a lods and lods of probable trouble in future. :-P

Best regards,

Niranjan Pandit

From China, Qinhuangdao
niranjan81@gmail.com
Something very important that I missed :-D
Any professional whichever department, function or grade he may belong to is downgraded, only and only when he accepts that he is downgraded. :-D
:idea:Enjoy!!!:idea:

From China, Qinhuangdao
madhu.hr

hi Please call me immediately. If I dont answer, send me an sms with your name and I will call you. Madhu 9884173041 9176638999
From India, Madras
Krunal Godghate

Dear Seema,
First of all get it clear from your top management that what are your role and responsibilities of yours as HR in your company.To whom you would br reporting...Better explain them clearly about the advantages of installing this new system of swapping for attendance. Give them the clear picture of cost benefit analysis.Also as that person is in a senior most position, you dont have to rebel against him. Things can turn against you...Better make him understand clearly why their need for punching attendance through the new installed M/c...Now here your HR skills how to handle Human resources would come into play...Dont loose your heart...Just be confident on your part and I am sure you would achieve your motto

From India, Indore
sanjay3291
Hi Seema
Please understand that HR is a support function and only in large companies their presence is noted to maintain discpline and capture data , execute the policy & process etc , but in case if you are in smaller organisation and morever it seems that your boss ( with exp) is keeping quiet , thus do not except anything except your salary and exp , quietly swithover to a larger , professional company .

From India, Mumbai
billsmith
Dear Seema,
I can understand your concerns as in my journey I happen to meet similar kind of 'Ego' fame boss. I feel that you must not give-up on your Principles and ethics. Reply to your conscience only and work accordingly. Never learn to compromise this way, over a period of time it'll make you slave.
There are certain ways to get your work done despite being disagree with that fellow. Prepare a document showing:
  • What are the benifits if co follows New SYSTEM
  • What are demerits if not followed
  • What are the demerits if old fashion continues
  • What'll be the impact on culture if the trend of fear and ego continues
Try this out and convince all your seniors but never let this person rule over you like this. Once means Forever.
You deserve your job based on your talent, not on anyone's obligation. Plenty of other employers are there in market. Keep all the options open.
Best luck :-)

From India, Vadodara
Seema HR
Dear All,
Many thanks for your suggestions and guidance.
I followed all what you all have advised. As i said, this is not the only issue, but many others as well where HR is not consulted/ given any importance. I was keeping quiet all these while. From my side, whatever had to do, is thru... put his foul language in writing, explained the benefits of system v/s manual........ all.
One thing, i never knew that its mandatory to maintain registers for attendance - for statutory purposes. I know companies where they don't maintain the same. Is it necessary. seniors, pl advise.

From India, Mumbai
radhika_m71
Hi Seema,
I strongly feel that you should talk to this senior non-HR manager to know the reasons.Since you say that the system was not functioning when he asked for a report, I feel that he is not convinced that the system is fully operational and working fine. Since it is difficult to re-create the data he has kept an alternative for recording attendance. I feel you should take on the responsibility of showing that it is working fine.....:icon1:
Radhika

From India, Bangalore
radhika_m71
Hi Seema,
It is mandatory to keep an attendance register(recording in and out time with and also a movement register). We recently had a surprise visit by the Labour Inspector. The first thing he asked for was the register and he promptly verified and signed it before asking us for further documents.....
Hope this helps.
Radhika

From India, Bangalore
pavanvss

Hi Seema,
We are using both Swipe cards and Manual system. I don't find any thing wrong in using both. Both of them have the advantages. As far as me Signature in the Muster is also mandatory.
Thanks
Pavan
Manager - HR
Vertex Offshore Services

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.