No Tags Found!

Vira007
I have worked in 2 companies company A and B Based on these 2 companies I have received offers from two MNCs Company C and Company D.

Now I have joined company C and due to some reason I have resigned my LWD is 14 Dec 2023

In company’ D my joining date is 27 Nov 2023 and they are not delaying my joining.

Now I am serving a notice period at Company C (30 days probation period) so based on this situation will Company D find out about my Company C? Will this be an issue at Company D?

I have joined company C on 10Nov2023

From India, Pune
raghunath_bv

HI Vira,

It's important to be transparent and honest in your professional dealings. While companies generally don't share information about their employees without consent, there are scenarios where information may be disclosed. Here are a few things to consider:

Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs):
Check your employment contracts with both Company A and Company C for any non-disclosure agreements. These agreements may restrict the sharing of certain information about your employment.

Industry Networks:
In some industries, especially within certain sectors or locations, professionals may have networks or connections that allow them to find out about others' employment history. However, this is less common.

Professional Integrity:
It's generally not in the professional interest of companies to actively seek out and use information about an employee's previous employment without proper cause. Employers often focus on the skills and qualifications you bring to the role rather than the details of your previous employment.

Given the timeline you've mentioned, it seems that you joined Company C after receiving an offer from Company D. If Company D did not explicitly ask you about your employment status or if you were serving notice during the interview process, they might not be aware of your current employment.

However, it's advisable to handle the situation ethically. If Company D were to find out about your employment at Company C after you've joined, it could potentially strain your relationship with Company D and impact your professional reputation.

Consider the following:
If Company D explicitly asks about your current employment status or if you are serving notice, be truthful about it.
If there's no direct inquiry about your current employment, you may not need to volunteer the information unless it's asked during the on boarding process.

Hence, it is of paramount importance regarding building trust and maintaining a good professional reputation is crucial for long-term success in your career.

Thanks,

From India, Bangalore
Vira007
Hi Raghu,

I have informed the company D (infosys) about this issue and they asked me share it over email

I am awaiting for there response on extension in joining date.

Given the circumstances is there any chance that they will help me to extend my joining date? Or will they revoke the offer?

Any suggestion on this scenario?

From India, Pune
raghunath_bv

Hi Vira,
In situations like this, it's important to communicate openly and proactively with the company. If you have informed Infosys about the issue and they have asked you to share the details over email, that's a positive sign. It indicates that they are willing to consider your situation.

Here are some suggestions:

Be Transparent and Clear in Your Email:
Clearly explain the situation that is causing the delay in joining.
Provide any relevant documentation or proof to support your case, if applicable.
Express your enthusiasm for joining the company and your commitment to resolving the issue promptly.

Request for an Extension:
Politely request an extension in your joining date, specifying a reasonable time frame that would allow you to resolve the issue.
Highlight any steps you are taking to expedite the resolution of the matter.

Express Your Commitment:
Reiterate your eagerness to be a part of the company.
Emphasize that the delay is due to unforeseen circumstances, and you are working diligently to address the issue.

Offer Flexibility:
Show flexibility in terms of your availability for the new joining date.
If possible, offer alternative dates that would work for you.

Follow Up:
If you don't receive a response within a reasonable time frame, consider following up with a polite and concise email.

Express your understanding of their busy schedule and reiterate your commitment.
It's important to note that different companies have different policies and approaches to such situations. However, many companies understand that unexpected circumstances can arise, and they may be willing to work with you to find a suitable solution.

While there's no guaranteed outcome, being proactive, transparent, and professional in your communication increases the likelihood of a positive response. If the delay is due to a valid and serious reason, most companies would prefer to work with you rather than revoke the offer outright.

Therefore, every situation is unique, and the above suggestions are general guidelines. Tailor your communication based on the specific details of your circumstance.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
raghunath_bv

Hi Vira,
In situations like this, it's important to communicate openly and proactively with the company. If you have informed Infosys about the issue and they have asked you to share the details over email, that's a positive sign. It indicates that they are willing to consider your situation.

Here are some suggestions:

Be Transparent and Clear in Your Email:
Clearly explain the situation that is causing the delay in joining.
Provide any relevant documentation or proof to support your case, if applicable.
Express your enthusiasm for joining the company and your commitment to resolving the issue promptly.

Request for an Extension:
Politely request an extension in your joining date, specifying a reasonable time frame that would allow you to resolve the issue.
Highlight any steps you are taking to expedite the resolution of the matter.

Express Your Commitment:
Reiterate your eagerness to be a part of the company.
Emphasize that the delay is due to unforeseen circumstances, and you are working diligently to address the issue.

Offer Flexibility:
Show flexibility in terms of your availability for the new joining date.
If possible, offer alternative dates that would work for you.

Follow Up:
If you don't receive a response within a reasonable time frame, consider following up with a polite and concise email.

Express your understanding of their busy schedule and reiterate your commitment.
It's important to note that different companies have different policies and approaches to such situations. However, many companies understand that unexpected circumstances can arise, and they may be willing to work with you to find a suitable solution.

While there's no guaranteed outcome, being proactive, transparent, and professional in your communication increases the likelihood of a positive response. If the delay is due to a valid and serious reason, most companies would prefer to work with you rather than revoke the offer outright.

Therefore, every situation is unique, and the above suggestions are general guidelines. Tailor your communication based on the specific details of your circumstance.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.