No Tags Found!

shubham-sureka

Please help me. I have 2 days overlap in my job. 1st company - Date of exit 26th July 2018 2nd company - Date of Joining 25th July 2018. I am unable to transfer my PF. I requested me previous company to help me out but they said they cannot do anything and this can be done by new company.
So i requested new company and the HR tried her best and initiated the process and sent mail to management for approval. Now, the legal team of my current company is saying that as per the policy of this company it is fine and let it be as is. I do not have any employment issue in my current company which they have confirmed. They will help me in rectifying PF either by giving declaration or withdrawing the amount.
I wanted to know this can be the issue with my future career turns. How should i be relaxed with this situation. What would be my future implications?
How do i tackle the Background verification process? I din't know that time that this can become so big issue.

loginmiraclelogistics

You have not explained as to how this has happened. Did you report on the very same day on 26 (AN after office hours) when you were relieved or on 25th July before you were relieved. Is this an error in feeding the data or what? What does your relieving letter states as the date of relief. And what exactly is your reported date.?
From India, Bangalore
shubham-sureka

It happened due to communication gap between various person. I informed this last month when I found hindrance in PF trasnfer. My current company had done background verification and it was green so till today there was no issue. I raised the error and HR team initiated the correction process and checked with legal team. The legal team of current company is telling as per company policy there should be any issue and they suggested two options:
1. To go back and request previous company to fix the issue. I tried this alot but they saying it cannot be done by them as account is closed.
2. To go with manual transfer
Relieving letter states 26th july 2018 which is the official date but due to verbal confirmation of my manager i joined on 25th july 2018 and now the same thing was not communicated to HR of previous company.
I understand this is a mistake which will impact my career. I just wanted to understand will i be able to swtich to next company with this issue ?
is there any pain area which i should be aware of?

loginmiraclelogistics

Hi friend,
I'm not discussing here any legal or procedural aspects. Only logical issues.
Recollect and let me know you were paid (salary & other settlements) upto what date-25th or 26th July. In case they paid you for 25th & 26th also refund the proportionate amounts, thus received in excess, by a crossed cheque and send a request letter to them asking them to issue a formal letter to treat the relieving date as 24.7.18. This information will be crucial to conclude about this issue. If this goes well follow up with present employer will be done.
I don't think you'll face any serious issue as you have an authentic relieving letter which obviously to be amended with retrospective effect. And you may have to organise corrections in the current employer's record for any aberration consequently. Don't worry things could be sorted out if you would take care of what's to be done in the given situation as it warrants.

From India, Bangalore
shubham-sureka

As per current scenario both the organization have told me that they cannot change the date.
So, I do not have option to get the dates rectified. I tried my best to request them but it din't work. both companies have their own reason.
Current employer is not creating any issue with my employment but at the same time they are not ready to change the date in their database.
What could be the impact with my future jobs with this situation ?

loginmiraclelogistics

"Recollect and let me know you were paid (salary & other settlements) upto what date-25th or 26th July. In case they paid you for 25th & 26th also refund the proportionate amounts, thus received in excess, by a crossed cheque and send a request letter to them asking them to issue a formal letter to treat the relieving date as 24.7.18. This information will be crucial to conclude about this issue."
Pl.clarify my above query. Pl.understand we are not sitting in any judgment or adjudication on behalf of you trio but within the available info trying to find a workable solution to the problem emerging from what has happened which cannot be undone hence.

From India, Bangalore
shubham-sureka

i was paid for 25th and 26th july frommy previous company also.
I requested them to change the date and i will refund the amount for those 2 days but they are not willing to.
My current company also not changing the date.
They helping in PF transfer.
I am really worried about my future job switch. Will I be able to change my comapny or this will be the problem always?

loginmiraclelogistics

It's my suggestion, though not a foolproof one.
It's not a sure shot, but give a try and also essential on ethical ground too.
As I mentioned earlier dt.13th, you should immediately arrange a NEFT to credit the a/c of former employee for an amount of your proportionate salary for the dates you have not worked i.e.25th & 26th but you have been paid salary for these two days. There is a catch in this (don't worry for the present though) also, supposing your notice period conclude only on 26th there appears shortfall by 2 days. That we'll deal later. Keep a record of the remittance as and when made.
This mode I feel a better option having already joined the present employer on 25th July and drawn salary from this date (I believe you would have produced the relieving letter to this employer which reads "relieved on 26.7.18"). I hope your present employer shouldn't mind "one day" aberration. If need arises you should show them the proof of refunding the salary for 25 & 26th.
I request views of other members also to help him in this situation.

From India, Bangalore
shubham-sureka

but my previous company is not agreeing for the refund. I told them that i am ready to pay 2 days salary back via NEFT or cheque but they are telling since account is already closed so it is not possible now.
Also, my new company is not considering any change. they saying that they had no issue with 2 days overlap as per legal team and but cannot change the date.
i am not sure how to proceed forward in my career

loginmiraclelogistics

Dear friend,
Pl.read my suggestions carefully, that's all I can in the circumstances, a you know we can't pass any award on adjudication. Decision and solutions are yours as we could only suggest, without prejudice, in the circumstances explained with a view to assist you taking into account pros & cons and implications. As this has nothing to do with any legality or precedents there is no foolproof modus operandi, a solution could be managed with the two different entities and as such no one could be blamed for the inconsistencies/inappropriate omissions & commissions. It has just happened as it were and a remedy might be available in these two entities only. But all said and done, I only could surmise nothing serious would happen in your future career if you set right the wrong 'which is receiving salary from two places for 25th & 26th' and that's what I suggested.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.