NITIN TADVALKAR

Dear Mr. Nilesh,
According to my knowledge, Contract license is given for a specific industry for specific purpose, wherein the Principal employer has to give declaration in form V. Therefore, there can be many licenses for one contractor.
We are also into contracting business & when we cancelled a contract with one Co. & entered into contract with their sister concern, we had to cancel old licence & get new one as name change or addition of new parties on one license is not done.
Therefore, if you are not providing more than 20 persons in one organization, you need not take any license.
With warm regards,
Nitin Tadvalkar

From India, Pune
saswatabanerjee

That statement does not match up with what i am reading in the act. The act says every contractor who has 20 or more employees needs to have a license. So if he has less than 20 in one location but in others it has more, it will need license for every location
From India, Mumbai
NITIN TADVALKAR

Dear Mr. S. Banaerjee,
I went to labour commissioner's office and was informed that general license cannot be given as the license requires form V from Principal employer. In case there are less than 20 employees with any client, he will not give form V & therefore license cannot be obtained. Moreover, as I stated earlier, the license is for specific industry, it cannot be a general license.
This is the case in Maharashtra. There may be diff. rules in other states but I doubt very much.

From India, Pune
bijay_majumdar

Dear Mr.Nitin Ji,
Your are right,for contracting agencies the principal employer has to issue Form V and a copy of agreement to procure license against the people deployed at specific site for working.And it is also true that for any bussiness entity where the employees are more than 20 on their roll,the company has to obtain license too for which Form V will not be required.
Thanks and regards,
B K Majumdar

From India, Vadodara
saswatabanerjee

Same rule everywhere. But the act says u need license if u have 20 contract workmen. So it has to be done. The principal emoloyees has to give form v
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.