No Tags Found!

HARIOM SHARMA-SEPL

Dear HR Leaders,
I have a thought that any business organisation`s object is to have growth in business and satisfaction to its customers,vendors,employees, shareholders and management.
If somebody is well in performing his/her duties in right way to the above mentioned. in such case employee can be given a regular target to achieve,
if he/she remains successful in achieving the given target, a relaxation for taking such leave/s may be allowed.
For example if any Bank Employee is a cricket player and he gain Gold Madel for the Country in such case his absentism of 'N' days from his duty can be relaxed.
similarly if subject employee is worth for the organisation he can be relaxed or in other way his/her financial benefits/perquisites can be financially reduced.
Or In the end show cause notice can be issued as per rule/s.
Regards,
Hariom Sharma-SEPL

From India, Delhi
mayarajan
Hi,
By norms in your Company, how many leaves an employee can avail? If he has exceeded the actual limit, then start deducting from his salary.. If this too doesn't work then its high time you issue him a pink slip.
Regards
Maya

From United States, Greensboro
anantha.murugan

If there was enough leave and he taking the leaves of his own how to teminate that gui, if he is taking leave in loss of pay and all his SL/CL get over then we can think about terminate a people,
From India, Mumbai
madras12345
Hi,
I am an entrepreneur myself and understand that good performers are hard to get. Another approach may help. First identify good candidates in the organisation who have a decent performance and regular to work. Then tell this "good performer but not disciplined guy" that the management is looking at rewarding the best overall performer in the organisation in the next 6 months or so. As his track record is good in all aspects except attendance, he should look at setting this right. By doing so he has better chance. Hope this should work. If he improves good. Otherwise you know his true colours in days to come. This will make decisions easy for the management.

From India, Bangalore
jyotin26
Dear Radhika,
Performance is a key parameter for one's appraisal.But, that does not mean defeating the disciplinery norms.
Absentism is one of the parameters to test employee loyalty.So, any employee so associated with his/her work, loyal and integrated in his/her work shall not take any leave by his/her own virtue.
Find out, why somebody should take a leave as many as 3 to 5 in a month! If the cause is genuine, is there any factor, hindering him to intimate the management in advance. Consult him, that no intimation to management creates a bad impression of him,even though he is a performer. Review the consultation after 1 month.If the same thing repeats again, give an official memo/show cause notice and mention the penalty or fine in the same memo. Afer successive repeatation, you have to take a disciplinery action. As breaching of rules may demoralise other punctual, sincere staff also.

From India, Vadodara
kd12345

Before reply this query plz read what simhan is saying.I like his ans.
It amuses me when bloggers are so eager to contribute advice without even questioning the thread starter (Radhika, in this case) for more facts on the case. Is it possible that the thread starter is a student seeking a soultion for an assignment question, as the title says "Case Study...."? In which case, she would not know.
If it is a real problem in her company, should we not be seeking information on how that 3-5 days abasence is effected? Is it on the same day of the week, every week? This may be the case when the employee goes to say a hospital, or see a sick relative, etc.
Like some respondents have aptly stated, it's easier to sack a person on grounds of indiscipline than to recruit an excellent employee. So, more investigation needs to be before suggesting a solution.
Have a nice day.
Simhan
A retired academic in the UK

From United States, Quincy
anantha.murugan

he is good performar and good in managing his leaves also then how it voilate the Company policy. one small suggestion in my end some good performer always do some thing extra like upgrading skill for that purpose he is managing that side by taking leave. and u r asuming he is voilating the policy and terminating him lead company is lossing very good performar, techinically talking now a days multi talented peoples are less and have bright future. try to understand the problem first befor taking any decision
From India, Mumbai
kalapu
There is no point keeping this person. He is Over confident and knows that the organisation does not want to leave him. So he should be given notice to mend, else with due honour , send him off. This message will go strongly within the teams.
Regards
Chakradhar.

From India, Hyderabad
jazz8005
In my opinion, it’s not a matter of whether to terminate or not. I think even for a poor performer, he / she deserve to be understood first before any decision could be made. It might be the case that he / she have urgent matters. (Such as wife is pregnant, sick mum, etc.) Consultation is a good approach to reach the employee. His / her work schedule could be arranged such that it’s comfortable for both management and the employee. Everyone deserves a chance.
From Singapore, Singapore
mrinalinichat
Hi Radhika

You know I had a similar problem with an IT Software person in my earlier organisation. Only problem was that he was irreplaceable because his work was good. He always came to work between 11.00 - 11.30 am wherein the company started work at 9.30 am. His excuse was "I sit late and should be given some time flexibility", but when we actually audited his work, it was seen that his late sitting was basically not a requirement and if he did sit late, it was for his own personal reason or comfort. As Head HR I was in a dilema as I didnot know what to do, workwise he was excellent and solved every issue within minutes of the problem cropping up and at the same time he was setting a wrong example and there was a possibility that others would follow the same trend. I had several informal discussions with him, wherein I tried to understand his reason for coming late but his excuses were not genuine. It later came to my knowledge that he along with his wife were taking on other assignments on a freelance basis for which he was working after going home and was getting late and that was the reason for coming late to work.

Ofcourse as all the other people have said "Organisation comes before an individual", finally I issued him a written notice and in not so many words we told him that if this late coming continued we would have to discontinue with his service. He took the cue and resigned.

I know it is a difficult decision but one that must be done by HR Dept. People are the most important assets that a company has but it is very importanct to maintain discipline in an organisation. We must try and resolve the problems at first but if the employee is arrogant or lends a deaf year then we must take corrective action.

Regards

Meena

From India, Nagpur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.