No Tags Found!

greatglory1

Dear Radhika,
Case u present before all of us is not a real world example.
Its just a case study as u menton it. If it is truly a real case then Hr dept .must investigate properly and provide him proper counselling where he is lagging. Terminaton is not an appropriate solution or if you are having better substitute of him then go for such act.
Discipline is no doubt very important . But termination has no sense stands here. If many good employees start doing this then Company will ready to terminate all .Does it really possible ?

From India, Bhopal
yoursnihar

Dear Radhika,
In a pure concept, the first obligation of the HR is towards the employee, although some Company dont admit.
The course of action should be:
(A)
1. Find the Cause
2. Counsel
3. Arrive at a resolution with mutual consent
4. Maintain Harmony & Improve Emplyoee Satisfaction
or
(B)
1. Have a discussion with employee & management on one board
2. Take a decesion on the output
3. In case, it becomes imperative for the employee to exit, maintain the decorum & let him resign.
4. NO TERMINATION
Regards,
Niky P.

From India, Indore
goel_akg
Radhika,
These situations are really very problematic when it is related to a performing employee & also no doubt, performance is not above the discipline/ethics of the organization.
My suggestion:-
1. Discuss about his problem personally, give him a hearing.
2. Tell him about the possible effects of this indiscipline on his Job/career.
3. Instead of termination issue him a warning letter that if such indiscipline repeated then he will be disqualified for any promotion/incentive/bonus.
At last if nothing improves him...replace him bcoz

One bad apple can destroy all the apple in the basket.

Regards,
AKG

From India, Delhi
ellendula

Hi Radhika,
If this is happening consistently then give a written warning saying he will be fired without any notice in case if he continues doing the same. Even though if he is a good performer definitely such acts can disturb the existing office atmosphere and others can get diverted.
Meanwhile look for a good candidate and recruit.
Thanks,
Kumar

From India, Hyderabad
jyotinegi

Hi Radhika,
I do agree with Minesh that if an employee is a good worker, he cannot be so irregular and irresponsible. There must be some specific reason or some personal problem. Try to speak to that person and clarify him that taking leave without intimation is not good habilt and if he needs 2-3 leave every month, he should inform to his boss well in advance. But, if the problem still persists, his services may be terminated after giving him one harsh warning.
Rgds,
Jyoti Negi

From India, Delhi
v.lakshminarayana perumal

Discipline is the most important and it is the duty of HR Dept to maintain that. By doing so he is creating a bad impact on other employees also which is not good for your organisation.But the dilemna here is that the employee has been a "good performer"; if it had been a badly performing employee there would not be any hesitance to remove him/her, but to remove an employee who is good at his duties is something the management rarely agrees to..
We as HR can suggest removing him/her but then the management never agrees.. I have faced the situation myself and found no solution to the situation, however hard I tried...other than trying patiently & assertively to change the employee through emails, warnings, salary deductions, meetings etc etc...

From India, Madras
mp.agnihotri3
Dear All,
I have read the case and various solutions suggested.
The employee achieves the target which speaks of his competence and usefulness to the organization.But, he remains absent from the work with out information, almost regularly. Warning has not changed him.
Giving an other warning letter or calling for his explanation may not work in this case. To my mind, a proper counseling would work in this case. He would be the best person to resolve his problem-related to work situation or personal and to improve his behavior, if he is counseled. As HR Manager, I will suggest that counseling should be used as the tool to improve the behavior of the employee rather than terminating him.
MPA

From India, Bhopal
dnegi
Dear, Here, performance is a different issue than discipline. He should be made clear that if three notices are served he will be fired.
From India, New Delhi
chervendias
If your organization has an option of accruing leaves. I would suggest him to plan his leaves well in advance. This will allow you have redundancies if required. If it is a requirement for a person to take leave it should not be a deterrent in his performance. In BPOs we do not have the luxury of taking long leaves such as 2 months as in other industries, so this should be permitted as long as it is planned and there are no backlogs or requirements during that time.
From India, Bangalore
nagaraja.b.l

Well,it is challenging for Admn to deal with such employees.Termination is not the only solution.If hr could not elicit the reason for his absence,that means they lack art of persuation. Or he is incorgible. Or he is highly introverted and he does not want to share his problems with some. Else find out reasons from his confidants.Take him to some congenial place ,use your skills to know.
O
r the target fixed may be low .FIX THE TARGETS HIGH AND WATCH.Agreed discipline is paramount.His indisipline is only about attendance.Assuming his otherwise behaviour alright,wait and watch as details of other aspects are not clear in the letter.
May be he is frustrated in the comp for not giving promotion and his needs are not properly addressed..............................

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.