No Tags Found!

RSNARAYANAN
Pl give Soft Skills Training and educate her further instead of Termination.
Once you interview a candiate you should look all aspects and then recruit
Termination is the last tool.
R.Sankaranarayanan
Chennai

From India, Madras
Lalitha Rai
Dear Sonia,

In my opinion, there is no point discussing about who selected her, why selected her, wrong selection etc at this gesture. Now the issue is her professionalism and code of conduct. Any of us can get into this kind of situation after hiring an employee though we find them the best fit during interview.

You may want to speak to her in person, made her aware about the issues that you are concerned about and counsel her appropriately. If done already, you may want to give a final warning in writing specifying the areas of concerns/improvements and give a specific timeframe within which she needs to correct herself - may be 1 month. (You may want to document the reference of previous discussions, verbal warning, counseling etc that you had with her). Closely monitor her behavior and mannerism during the observation period & extend whatever support she needs to meet the expectations. Please mention in the final warning letter clearly that the Management deserves the right to dispense with her services if she does not treat the warning seriously and continues to exhibit the same mannerism. Keep a copy of this letter dully acknowledged by the employee in her personal records.

If the issues still persists, in spite of all the counseling, final warning and support extended, there is no point retaining her. You may ask her to resign on her own after the deadline or close her employment by giving one month notice payment.

Regards

HR Professional.

Lalitha Rai
Dear Sonia,

In my opinion, there is no point discussing about who selected her, why selected her, wrong selection etc at this gesture. Now the issue is her professionalism and code of conduct. Any of us can get into this kind of situation after hiring an employee though we find them the best fit during interview.

You may want to speak to her in person, make her aware about the issues that you are concerned about and counsel her appropriately. If done already, you may want to give a final warning in writing specifying the areas of concerns/improvements and give a specific timeframe within which she needs to correct herself - may be 1 month. (You may want to document the reference of previous discussions, verbal warning, counseling etc that you had with her). Closely monitor her behavior and mannerism during the observation period & extend whatever support she needs to meet the expectations. Please mention in the final warning letter clearly that the Management deserves the right to dispense with her services if she does not treat the warning seriously and continues to exhibit the same mannerism. Keep a copy of this letter dully acknowledged by the employee in her personal records.

If the issues still persists, in spite of all the counseling, final warning and support extended, there is no point retaining her. You may ask her to resign on her own after the deadline or close her employment by giving one month notice payment.

Regards

HR Professional.

abhay_011

Dear Sonia/Preeti Maggo,
Good Afternoon!
This will be very sily ground to terminate any employee. If she is not behaving on professional way and missing some etiqutte then its your moral duty to give her some time to manage in your company. Since this is very new environment for her. Even, if we take example of personal life..any newly wed bride goes to new home...she also takes some time to adjust with new family.
I do hope that example will help you out what I want brief more.
So, please don't be rude to new member.
Thanks & Rgds
Abhay
National HR Head
RH Group Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
bijay_majumdar

Dear Soniya ji,
Hr People are known for creating talent and making dedicated employees out of people.All that you need to do is nurture and motivate candidates to act and perform as desired by Organisation.Training and space is required for every employee to be comfortable with the work.I hope some time and efforts to be put in instead of terminating any one.
Thanks and regards
BIJAY

From India, Vadodara
PREETI MAGGO
Dear All,
i had a meeting with her and she said she will improve her on-job performance but i have not seen any changes in her till now. As she is working under me but it seems as if she is more interested to report to the management directly. It has been just 8 days she has joined the company and she wants her reporting to be directly to MD. so its very difficult for me to work with this type of employee.
Please give your suggestions.........
Regards,
Preeti

From India, Gurgaon
manoj_92272@yahoo.com
Dear Preeti,
Why You are Judging the person in 8 days.You should try to know the reason for her move for the direct reporting.Whether she is reporting the matter against you?If yes than dont wait for the things to be worsen.Take some action like warning or Advise letter to her and than try to build the record.
Regards,
Manoj Joshi.

From India, Ahmadabad
RSNARAYANAN
Serious attitude problem , dont allow to report to MD directly , she has to
follow the hierarchy strictly , she has to report to you only. These type of people pose problem to the organization , after going to MD she will say she will directly report to the owner of the company or next higher level. Inform her that to keep in her mind that she is your sub-ordinate and she has to follow your instruction strictly and inform her that no other option is left over only to take action.
Keep top management posted regarding this attitude and ask them not to support if she approaches directly.
Let us see the situation improves....
I think people are not comming to work contribute to the growth of the organization ...............

From India, Madras
bijay_majumdar

Hi,
I thought the matter is over.Anyways its always better to take higher management into confidence and educate one and all about the policy matters,discipline and consequences of failure at job.Without the management support and ethical work practices this kind of cases would be on rise.My Advice is that seek management intervention and Justify your stand and discision as well.
Thanks
Bijay

From India, Vadodara
PREETI MAGGO
Dear All, Thanks for your replies. I have given her verbal warning and told her that she is on probation basis for a month. Lets hope for good..... Thanks Regards, Sonia
From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.