No Tags Found!

penubothu

Dear Mamata,
can you let me know what you have studied and what is your career goals so that i can focus on that and can suggest for the same
waiting for your immediate response or revert back for any clarification

From India, Hyderabad
sathyanadh
Wow! What a hot thread!!
All participant knows Ms. Mamta were wrong in taking decision. So, plenty of free advices. She has recieved best one already.
@mammu; how do you get time to make such huge comments during working time?

From Djibouti
parul.11jan85
Hi Mamta,
I am with the opinions of Mr Ramesh.
If I think according to you i think that i would have changed 5 jobs in year of 2008-09.
My BOSS utilized me on 5 profiles in just one year to analyze my patience or stability with company in any conditions. I start with Placement Cell, 2nd Training & Development, 3rd Support coordinate to HR, 4th Auditing, 5th Coordinate with Rajasthan Placement.
I have been traveling since last 5 month through out PAN India 25 days of month I was doing travel.
But Instead of this all i am not leaving my JOB
Thanks
Parul Sharma

From India, Jaipur
tusha kaushik
I feel one year experience in equal to nil experience. So don’t worry and continue with current company. Best of luck
From India, Delhi
SATYAJIT NAIR
Dear Mamta,

If I have understood your query correctly, you’d like to know how to achieve a better success rate as far as interviews are concerned.

Job stability is definitely an important criterion for prospective employers while recruiting. However its not a defining one unless, there is nothing else to back up in a potential candidate’s resume.

In my opinion, your failure has more to do with your inability to convince prospective employer of the value add you can bring to the organization and the level of competency that they can expect from you.

I dont think it would be a good idea to include freelancing unless you are able to convince the employer that the experience and the exposure that you gained as a result has helped in honing the skillsets necessary to perform well in the profile advertised.

Please customize your bio-data depending on the job description and remove any irrelevant portions that may not help your case.

Once in front of the interviewer and this question comes up, you must try to reassure him at all cost on your ability to deliver.

Do not upset the applecart by blaming anyone for your switching of jobs and that includes your previous boss!

But you can attribute certain changes to conditions beyond your control.

Like for instance, your first job, you can explain that you were assured by your former employer that cab service would be provided but owing to management decision it was later withdrawn. The daily long distance commutation took a toll on your health and hence you decided to look for a job closer to your place of residence.

Besides, you were at a very early stage of your career and in the process of identifying the right career path. That explains the frequent changes subsequently.

So far as your existing job is concerned, you may convey that you are comfortable with the profile, unfortunately the company is going through a very tough phase and since the future looked very uncertain with the possibility of retrenchment looming large you are compelled to look for a change.Since, you have financial commitments to fulfil, you wanted to avoid facing the prospect of possible retrenchment.

You need to convey your strengths and specific skill sets matching the job on offer.

More importantly you need to be able to convey that you are now much more focused and keen to look for a long-term opportunity and that involves a stable environment conducive to individual learning and growth.

Most importantly on analyzing the job profile you were convinced of your ability to deliver.That explains your decision to apply.

Hope this helps !

Warm Regards

Satya

From India, Bangalore
navjotgill
Dear Mamta, After attainment of a certain level of KSAs & developing competitive capabilities, selection or rejection becomes only a matter of probability. If a so-called stable applicant can clear 7 out of 10 interviews then a so-called unstable one may have a strike rate of 1 in 20. There is a misconception that HR people know the best about fitment from attitude perspective. There are a few stereo typical models that are preferred by selectors who can hardly think out of the box. So in you cases, after you are really convinced that you have cutting edge KSAs and capabilities to do justice on desired role, the two things you need to focus upon is how you can deliver decent return on investments of potential employers and how you can help maintain a low risk to reward ratio for the employer. If the metrics and figures go your way then I believe that you have a one in twenty chance to strike the target.

artitandon17
Hi

I'm sure this is a very informative thread for all the readers and feel good about mamta that how lucky she is that getting all nice bunch of advices.

:icon1:

I feel I can get help and resolution of my prob's. Myself Arti , I have just complted my MBA in Hr and had five years of working exp in different multinationals.The last company i worked was Yatra.com and left becoz of MBA Exams.My reason doing MBA was to get rid from call center jobs and their unusal shift timmings which have become very difficult to survive due to my health issues.

Now my question where should I work becoz due to global recession I'm not getting any break in any good company as an Hr executive and nobody is considering my call-center exp as well.

Secondly wat i'm getting at present either a call center job or hr consultancy firm.... what should I do ... I really don't want to join a consultancy for sake of joining or becoz of reccession and later on to repent on decision also don't want to join a call center due to family commitments ................

wat should I do ......How can i sit ideal as well plzzzzzzzz advice

waiting for ur advices........... :confused: :confused:

From India, New Delhi
navjotgill
Dear Aarti, the first step should be an exhaustive SWOT analysis. The second thing needs to be a drafting of mission and a vision statments. Although some details have already been revealed by you but you need to put together all pieces of your professional life before letting your profession change its orbit. The process may sound simple but it will not deliver result until it achieves a high degree of complexity and detail. Past of professional life may be an obstacle in many cases but rarely it becomes a handicap. So first do a detailed self analysis, understand the surrounding landscape and then make a launch. Again it sounds simple but this process is started it will take several hours and days to complete

nimesh.manani
Hi Mamta,

I was going through all the post in this forum. You were quite honest on your points. Seniors gave their suggestions and thats absolutely holds true.

I would also like to add something in here. Though I am also fresher like you. I also changed 3 companies in very small time.

I was selected in one of the leading IT company through campus placement. I joined that company as i didnt wanted to sit jobless after education. I applied for the Job in one of the core companies and left the IT company in 23 days.

In another company, after joining I found that company very unprofessional. In the mean time, I got a call from the other company which is very well known. I got selected over there also. Interviewr asked me a question that u left first company in 23 days, u are doing a job in so n so company from 1 month. How can I trust you that you will not leave my company in short period and how long you will continue. I replied

"As long as I am satisfied with the company I will continue to work. What matters is Job satisfaction. Its in terms of the work I do, the responsibilities I get, the respect I get, Money and overall environment. So as far as leaving your compnay concerns, it all depends on the company." Now I have recently completed a year with that company and still working there happily.

What I am trying to say is, there are many companies and recruiters that freshers tend to leave the job for betterment. What ever may be the reason for leaving the job.

As a yougster, we have to think good and positive and fight for that.

As far as getting the new job is concern, I am sure you will get it and u will get the better job. However, you have to make a correct decision to join the firm. Dont join any firm because you are jobless now. Wait untill you get a job which suits all your requirements. I know its tough to get ideal jobs as ideal jobs doesnt exists in this world. Remember "To survive in the society. You cant change society. you will have to change yourself."

We have to be mentally tough to deal with all kind of people. You cant expect every one to take care of you. Actually, even I had a guy working with me like you mentioned "Bad Boss". He never explained me and left me do the work when I was new. He harassed me a lot. He told me lot of tings. he abused me. Every one in this organisation is fed up with him. But, after some time, I realised that, its his way of behaving. His way of working. his way of commuicating. And it worked, I learned the things with my own and now I dont go to anyone for any help. I take more time but do it with my own. Now I like that guy. Though, his behaviour is still the same.

Here I am trying to say "You have to give time to every one before comming to the conclusion that , he is a good boss or bad boss."

I would add something more to it:

Try to ignore people whom u dont like.

I am sure you must have some hobbies, njoy that.

Do the things which you like. That will make you feel relaxed and njoy ur work also.

If you dont have boyfriend, have one. But make sure he is a positive thinker. Some times, boyfriend or girl friend is required to make you feel positive.

Now its enough for me, my fingers are tired now.

Best Regards,

From India, Mumbai
SATYAJIT NAIR
Hi

I'm sure this is a very informative thread for all the readers and feel good about mamta that how lucky she is that getting all nice bunch of advices.

I feel I can get help and resolution of my prob's. Myself Arti , I have just complted my MBA in Hr and had five years of working exp in different multinationals.The last company i worked was Yatra.com and left becoz of MBA Exams.My reason doing MBA was to get rid from call center jobs and their unusal shift timmings which have become very difficult to survive due to my health issues.

Now my question where should I work becoz due to global recession I'm not getting any break in any good company as an Hr executive and nobody is considering my call-center exp as well.

Secondly wat i'm getting at present either a call center job or hr consultancy firm.... what should I do ... I really don't want to join a consultancy for sake of joining or becoz of reccession and later on to repent on decision also don't want to join a call center due to family commitments ................

wat should I do ......How can i sit ideal as well plzzzzzzzz advice

waiting for ur advices...........

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.