AMane
Dear Seniors,
Kindly help,,
Is it ethical if an organisation bifurcates the Employer's PF contribution into Employer PF & Pension Contribution?
From what I have understood EPF & EPS should be separate entity.
Kindly correct me if I'm wrong.
Awaiting replies.

From India, Mumbai
boss2966

Dear AMane
Please note that the PF will be of two types. (1) Employee PF 12% and (2) Employer PF 12%. This Employer PF will be further bifurcated into two cagetories i.e., Employer PF 3.67% and Employees Pension Scheme 8.33%. In addition to this the Employer will have to pay additional 1.61% for Admin charges PF (1.1%) EDLI (0.5%) and EDLI Admin Charges (0.01%). Hence The total PF will be amounting to 25.61%. 12% will bear by Employee and 13.61% will be from Employer.
Hope your doubt got cleared. If you have any further doubts, do not hesitate to seek clarification.

From India, Kumbakonam
Sundar1959

Dear Mr. Mane,
In addition to Mr. Bhaskar's clear reply, please note the extra 1.61% in no ways comes in to the Account of Employee PF or pension Account. Those are Government charges goes to various Accounts of Provident Fund.
hence as long as the Employee is concerned - PF will be 12% of Emplyee Contribution + 3.67% of Employer Contibution. Rest 8.33% of Employer Contribution goes to Pension Scheme of the Employee.
Here again, some Companies may be deductiong more PF amount (more than specified limit of 6500/-). In which case a maximum of rs.541/- onlhy goes to Pension Schement. Rest all will go to Employee PF Account.
Regards,
Sundararaman

From India, Madras
abbasiti

It is right that the above referred 1.61% will not come to either employees PF account or pension account. But out of this, 0.5% is towards EDLI. The nominees of the members who die while in service will get the benefit of the scheme.
Abbas.P.S

From India, Bangalore
singmanis
Hi
I have a querry, I worked for an MNC and had to resign the due to 2008 Meltdown. Anyways it took me 6 months to get another job and shifted couple of cities to get the job.
My question is how can I get the PF amount from previous employer or from govt. What is the process and how can i go about it.
Thanks in anticipation of guidance.
Regards
Manish

From India, Bangalore
saiseven

Sub-P.F query
In terms of Para 57 of the p.F.Scheme 1952, you have to apply in Form-13 to the P.F Commissioner within whose jurisdiction your previous establshment falls for transfer of your EPF amount from the previous account to the account in the present company.
B.Saikumar
HR& labour law Consultant
Chipinbiz Consultancy Pvt.Ltd
Mumbai.
Tel:022-28324234

From India, Mumbai
saiseven

Sub- P.F query
In terms of Para 69(5) of the P.F Scheme 1952, an employee even though withdraws his P.F amount on quitting an establishment,if he joins another establishment covered under P.F Act, he is required to become memeber of the P.F Scheme again.In your case, since you joined another comapny covered under P.F Act, you,any how, have to become memeber of the P.F scheme again in the new establishment. Since you have not withdrawn teh amount, you have now only to seek transfer your P.F account to the new company under para 57.
B.saikumar
HR& labour Law consultant
Chipinbiz Consultancy Pt.ltd
mumbai
Tel: 022-28324234

From India, Mumbai
AMane
Dear All, Thank you for your replies, and thank you for clearing my queries too. And I would like to wish you A Very Happy & A Prosperous New Year in Advance. :))
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.