No Tags Found!

geet saini

Hi one of my friend is pregnant, if she want to take leave for 8 months without pay than can she take she is working with a pvt ltd firm. Thanx
From India
geet saini

HI ALL
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF A WOMEN IS WORKING IN A P. LTD. COMPANY FROM 09/02/12 AND NOW SHE IS PREGNANT AND WANT TO TAKE LEAVE OF 8 MONTH WITHOUT PAY SO IS SHE ELIGIBLE OR EMPLOYER CAN REJECT HER APPLICATION . HER NET SALARY IS RS.18000 PM.
tHANKS

From India
Prashant B Ingawale

Leave other than prescribed under Maternity Benefit Act or any other leave is not RIGHT of employee so better consult with employer if employer agrees then it will be ok.
From India, Pune
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Geet
She is eligible for Maternity Leave of 12 weeks.
However, the employer may be reluctant to give more leaves at the outset and in one go.
In any case 8-months leave (even without pay) is rare and may not be allowed under their company policy.
What one can do is; avail the statutory leaves as per Act (which can not be denied); and then if need arises on the basis of Medical grounds (or otherwise) then apply for appropriate leave subsequently.
That is what I can suggest. Other members may be better able to give more ideas or suggestion on this issue.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
ghousep

Depends on your employer, however 90 days are prevalent. Regards
From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.