Suresh P

Dear Mr Sardar,
Your survey is a good one and points you mentioned are also absolutely correct. If we consider HR professional is an employee like any other dept. colleague, these findings are equally applicable to the others too. I agree with Mr. K Ravi who tried to link the HR reasons with others. Now as HR professional what we can try to do is to minimise the politics and relationship gap. And efforts to improve upon / awakening others in the other gray areas by OD interventions by external experts.
P Suresh
[quote=M. Peer Mohamed Sardhar;445618]
Why HR Professionals leave the organization?

From India, Pune
B K BHATIA

Hello everyone,

Besides all the reasons covered in the survey, my experience of over 40 years makes me believe that most of the HR professionals leave the organization if:

(i) at Senior Level: the company management does not give adequate powers even to the Head HR to take decisions & as functional head he/ she does not report direct to the CEO.

(ii) at middle & junior level: their own bosses (Head HR/ Senior HR Managers) are outdated personalities who understand little about the modern HR practices, do not believe in introducing technology in the HR environment of the company & prefer to carry on with their routine and mundane style of functioning.This results in frustration in a forward looking professional who had joined the organization after graduating from a reputed B-school. Today's young executives want on-line HR systems and are not keen to dig into files to extract information. They enjoy working on computers analysing employees data & projecting new thoughts on how to manage the work force. They want to deliver against well defined goals, want a performance driven culture in the organization and are very keen for their own growth. If their bosses are allergic to create such a culture, they will prefer migrating to another company for higher job satisfaction.

We, the senior HR professionals, should get a wake up call if we don't want to lose our highly energetic young executives. We have to re-visit their job descriptions & introduce goal based accountability for each new entrant in the organization. Let us help the CEO in driving performance across the organization by streamlining our systems and utilizing the potential of these young talented people.

B K Bhatia

From India, Delhi
P Bajaj

People leaving is a measure of the HR Policies and environment in an organisation. We as HR professionalas are responsible for this. Should theree be a drive to improve the HR Environs? Pradeep
From India, Lucknow
Amika

I feel that just because the Role of HR is not quantifiable or be judged as per figures, etc the senior management after a while starts thinking that what is HR actually doing apart from Hiring & Retaining the staff. Not realising the these are the two key features to keep a organisation growing. So instead of thinking or treating HR as the backbone og the company they jsut feel that the only departments who work are either sales & marketng , account, operations, etc(no offence to either of the departments as such). But beacuse of this the HR employees start feeling that they are not required in an organization and in the end start looking for other alternatives.
Thanks.
Amika

From India, New Delhi
Bruncha

every department in an organization has to have 'metrics' that are quantifiable, and HR is no different.
HR has to be able to measure its effectiveness and the ROI for the investment in the people and resources.

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
g.v.suman
Dear Mr Peer Its very interesting pieceof information ans survey..from this i can understand the attrition rate in HR professionals for the companies is also high.

P Bajaj

In so far as what Vindhya states about, HR being easier than other fields. Well, to us it is. To an Engineer/ Doctor it may not be.
Well, any one could turn around and find the above unpalatable. In such a case I would agree, nevertheless, others do not enjoy this work, as such find themselves comfortable as engrs and doctors. We do this work, for we enjoy doing it, we can contribute to its move ahead, and most importantly, are satisfied doing it. At least I do. And I enjoy many an other things, so far as the same are learning experience. HR Work facilitates me to achieve other objectives.
As of the developments in HR, it is foregone conclusion, that its objectives. It require one to be concentrating on the work, be responsible to the organisation and its employees, and a generous quantum of leadership and management qualities.
Regards,
Pradeep Bajaj

From India, Lucknow
ulka_2009

yes it really very good data compliation.I would say personally that having very less decision making power and learning opporunity,lack of HR vision would count more ..
From India, Mumbai
P Bajaj

Wonder whether the "Why people leave an organisation, also has something to do with recessions"? Pradeep Bajaj
From India, Lucknow
Fahad Arif
Hi All,
I'd like to agree with Peer Mohammed to an extent as he has given the results of his survey which are correct to some extent in the real world, however, the order of these grievances or for that matter reasons of leaving is yet to be decided as it can vary person to person and situation to situation. In my books recognition is the main issue that most HR departments are facing quite frequently in today's organizations, as there is still a long way to go for making it real for most of the organizations that HR is one of the most important function in the company. At this point of time the problem lies in the mindset of the employers as they do not want to give due respect and importance to HR department consequently HR professionals are suffering.
"It takes very little to make someone smile"
Sincerely
Fahad Arif

From Pakistan, Karachi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.