No Tags Found!

inder-kumar1
Please Help.
I had given my resignation on 11 August 2021 stating that my last working day Will be 9 of September 2021. This is a 1 months notice. I am still on probation and as per contract, I will have to serve this notice period, Which I am doing so happily. But my resignation was not being accepted till 02 September 2021. Now after I get my resignation signed My HR says that your notice period starts from 02 September 2021 (the day it was signed) I will have to serve till 02 October 2021 to complete my notice period. Now in case, I leave on 9 September, 21. they will mark me as absconding and confiscate my salary.

Now please tell me is this a fair practice and if not please suggest who would I approach for the resolution what should I do.
They want me to work for my new job as my joining is on 10 September 2021 and continue with them. I really don't wanna do that. They have my salary on hold for August month (my notice period) and if continue working for the month of September they will still hold that payment as well.
I wanted a smooth transition this is really frustrating. I am an honest employee who worked 14 to 15 hrs daily nearly had 5 or 6 offs in the past 6 months, and working alone in a department that requires at least three staff members. Is this the way should I be treated.

From India, Jalandhar
kins_b

HI,
Please note that , you want smooth transaction that is good. But do not love your company , love your job.
Also I believe you have proof of your resignation which you submitted to your current employer.

1.In this case talk to you your new employer and put the situation in front of them. [ put it in mail ]
2. Ask new employer in this situation will they accept your employment without reliving later as may be your current employer is not willing to do so.
3. Please keep your all conversation in a mail as proof.

In extreme case employee can lodge a complaint with Labour Law commissioner to protect your rights.

Hope this solve your query. Be bold and take decision.

Kiran Bhambid
Payroll & Labour law consultant.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.