Mahal

Hi All,
People please leave this discussion.. Its no where legal to interfere in some one personal life as far as its not effecting work/ work place..
The problem with the people in the organization is that they make fuss about such thing and especially men enjoy talking about women if they are mingling or friendly with some one.

From India, Bangalore
bhatmeenu

Hi
I too believe that you should not take any legal action for her, firstly you should confirm it whether all such going things are correct or not, after that you should personally speak to her about this and warn her for the future. Untill and Unless it is not affecting the office atmosphere, we are not supposed to interfere anybody's personal life as there might be some personal reasons for such things. So you should only warn her not to create any misbehavior in the organisation and personally suggest her that such actions can spoil her life as well her husband's and kids too.
Thanks
Meenakshi

From India, Delhi
bhatmeenu

Hi
I too believe that you should not take any legal action for her, firstly you should confirm it whether all such going things are correct or not, after that you should personally speak to her about this and warn her for the future. Untill and Unless it is not affecting the office atmosphere, we are not supposed to interfere anybody's personal life as there might be some personal reasons for such things. So you should only warn her not to create any misbehavior in the organisation and personally suggest her that such actions can spoil her life as well her husband's and kids too.
Thanks
Meenakshi

From India, Delhi
rajendrajdhv

Have others observed and noticed what you have? If yes, has anyone conveyed his displeasure? Do you think it is disturbing or hindering your normal work? Do you think that there could be some adverse fallout ? If no then keep cool and be happy in their happiness?
From India, Pune
raj_4222
Hi Sari,

You need to look at this kind of problem with both performance and behaviour aspects:

1) performance of the person: Since you already said that people are satisfied with her performance as an employee and she is also very co-operative then you cannot nail her on the performance issue.

2) behaviour: every person has the right to live her life as she want; however if she is married and having an affair this as per our judicial system is illegal and is called Bigamy. Now i would not suggest writing any letter to her family or to any third person since you do not want to be a moral police for socity. what you should focus on is cleaning the environment of your organization. Now if you ever get any report that they are bahaving indecently in the office premises (please remember that the office premises does not mean only the building but also the parking space and the cabs if provided by the office), found in compromising situation or using the foul or unacceptable language or gestures then that is the time to give her the feedback and the following steps can be taken. They can go in order specified below or you can also jump to the perticular step based on the severity of the situation.
  • Verbal feedback
  • Warning letter
  • Termination
However please remember that while using the first 2 options you would need to have a discussion with her and in that discussion you need to communicate in very strong words that " I know that you and the <other person> share a very strong relationship. This is your personal matter and I would not like to intervine in between; however I need to make sure that the office ethics should never be forgotten. So I would like you to ensure that whatever you have inbetween should not be visible in office or office premises. You do whatever you want outside but in this office you should behave like normal collegues. also ensure that this message is communicated to your partner too. If you will be found guilty of anything like this then we will have to take a stern action."

Please remember we will not involve any third party in this case.

Regards,

Kanwaljit Singh

From India, Delhi
sk.mushtaq

I agree that leagally you cannot take any action on employee on the basis of the grapevine or gossip Its better u watch what is happening. Similar case has happenned in my organisation also , one very tall handsome person who was out performer got into influence with the bad operators and started getting influenced with extra marrital affairs by using the company phone he use to be on phone with her all the time, as he was in R& D depeartment he use resolve issues very superbly when compared to other in notime , he is also married having two kids most of the time his wife use to call the company for finding his wearabts as he use to go to the other women;s house and many bad gossips again were in air in the office , many saying that it is not correct and management has to take action but the management has given him promotion with a salary hike.
BYee.
Mushtaq

From India, Hyderabad
deepakraj_b
Dear Mr. Mangesh !
That's the way a well mannered H.R talks with so kind hearted. Without knowing a person we are never suppossed to interfere in their personal matters.
Regards
Deepak
Executive (C.S)

From India
sashikanth naidu
Hi Sari,
I understand its a tough situation to handle but my qus is do you have any evidence that she is having an affair with colleague and they are misbehaving in office.
If its out of office, my suggetion would be to counsel her. As u said she is good performer do not afford to loose her instead make her know what is happening around her and tell her about the consequenses she might have to face.
Do not get into conclusions without proper evidence.
Sashikanth

From India, Hyderabad
professorbjhadvale

Human behaviour is too complex to understand. Are we doing moral police job? As long as the concerned persons do not misbehave/commit misconduct at the workplace, the management has no right to interfere.
And one question for you all: WHAT WILL YOU DO IF YOU HAD BEEN IN SUCH SITUATION? DON'T REPLY. JUST THINK AND UNDERSTAND.

From India
AnsaAleg
My Gosh,
I found this once and left a small comment.
Now I am getting updates on a daily basis - ENOUGH !
LEAVE THOSE WHO WANT TO LIVE THEIR OWN LIVES ALONE !!!!

We are not here to dictate to others what to do - we all live and learn by our own mistakes.
For those who are online and reading and leaving comments to this post regularly - you know who you are - get back to your desks and work - not you or your company are profiting by meddling in other peoples affairs.
Life is Beautiful, and for those who find happiness as it should be GOOD FOR YOU - We cannot give or receive love because we are love. Happiness and wellbeing is what we all strive for...........

From Spain, Palma
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.