HR_COLUMN

HI Team,
Can anyone help is there any policy for IBM HR team, not to accept relieving letter e-mail confirmation without HR Signature for New Joinee employee.
This is whose fault?- the employer who issueed the email, the employee or the IBM HR team..
Hope to have discussion on this...so that Emplyee Learns HR policies correctly..Thanks, HR Column

From India, Bangalore
tajsateesh

Hello HR Column, Could you pl give the details of the ACTUAL situation so that members can suggest/comment? Rgds, TS
From India, Hyderabad
HR_COLUMN

Hi Tajsateesh ,

Thank you for your reply.

Dear Everyone friends/members,

Here details steps by steps..

1.IBM has issued offer letter

2.Asked the candidate to join As soon as possible.

3.Candidate has requested current employer managment to relieve at the earliest as he is having personal problem.

4.Current employer has relieved the candidate quickly with notice period waived by General manager approval and confirmed of relieving the employee in verbal

5.Here is the Tricks--HR did not put any signature while sending the relieving mail to the employee..ONLY HR Name XXX

6.Employee trusted HR and FYI the same mail to IBM HR team, that he can join as HR has confirmed in email

7.IBM HR confirmed plz join us ASAP by Telephone.

8.During joining date-The IBM joining HR has replied I can not accept this relieving acceptance email as there is no signature of your last employer HR. Whose fault? Can relieving acceptance email/letter be served without Full and final settlement to employee...Question Here....

9.Candidate sent back by IBM HR team saying we can not take you Onborad as HR signature is not there by your last employee.

10..Please suggest the candidate and help the community, if you need more information,please feel free to write.

From India, Bangalore
tajsateesh

Hello,
Though, prima facie, an e-mail is taken for beginning any action, it DOES NOT & CANNOT be taken as a document for the Final Proof.
Also, forget about IBM for a second--it's in YOUR interest [assuming it's your case than any one else's] to have ALL the documents [Relieving Letter, experience Letter, Recommendations, etc] on LETTERHEADS & with proper signatures. These are the docs that form a part of your career track record.
With even e-mails being forged [I think it's called 'phishing'], no company takes it as final proof--UNLESS there's any specific reason to do so [decided on a case-to-case basis].
Coming to the course of action available to you, suggest talk to the HR of the earlier company ASAP & take the Formal Docs & submit to IBM. Strictly speaking, they should have given them to you WITHOUT asking, if all the formalities have been completed.
All the Best.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
HR_COLUMN

Dear TS, Thank you for your reply,As per your suggestion, all steps were taken with Old Employer HR by the canidate.The IBM HR has also tried to reach the HR of the Old employee.The HR said without full and final settlements, they can not send a Relieving letter-Agreed, but when they had accepted the resignation with mail but without signature and had assured that they wld send the relieveing letter by scan and send curier, as informed to me by the candidate-why they had played a TRICKS,what is the FEAR,becoz of this, the entire working community is suffering,This CITE FORUM is helpfull and that why people reach here..Hope a section of **** community who does wrong things with employee is looking this post..Justice need to be given to right people...
From India, Bangalore
tajsateesh

Hello,
Pl note that I had already mentioned this possibility when I used the words 'if all the formalities have been completed'' in the end of my response.
Suggest MEET the HR of the earlier Employer & sort things out--basically to hasten/expedite the process. Some companies take 2-3 months for F&F even while issuing the Relieving Letter, on a SUBJECTIVE basis. Some companies do the F&F fast to coincide with the actual leaving of the employee.
If you take the 'hard approach' to the issue, it COULD only delay things further.
Pl note that the issue here is NOT whether legal remedies are available or not--the issue is WHETHER any of them NEED TO BE USED, and face the possible consequences like long court battle, the time, effort & money involved instead of focusing on the career. It's upto the individual to take the final call on such an issue.
All the Best.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
HR_COLUMN

Appriciate time,suggestions, and looking at the issue from your point of view, However, Readers are not satisfied with a solution, if you can convince with your more progressive solutions, would be helpful.The Bottom line is the industry is working differently case to case basis.No HR Community is following Universal Globally accepted Rule..We have to accept this..though bitter..There are thousand of cases listed here in this forum where Employees were forced to face the music becoz of section people adament and poor mentatlity..I as an from same community know and understand the realistic what is happening inside the industry...As you said F&F, if it takes 2 to 3 months, what employee wld do..No one can then change their job? ...Namaste Brother again! Those who are following and reading this post,kindly advice with convincing answer..Why a section of community play TRICKS and because of this entire industry see the criticism....
From India, Bangalore
tajsateesh

Hello,

I am not sure of your experience level--but suggest BE PRACTICAL/REALISTIC.

Whether we like it or not, that's how the world is--pl note that this is NOT to justify what I mentioned earlier NOR what your earlier employer did.

While appreciating, and 'to an extent' agreeing with, your mention of '......There are thousand of cases listed here in this forum where Employees were forced to face the music becoz of section people adament and poor mentatlity..', in the same vein, there are also similar [not sure how many] cases of employees jumping Bonds, trying to find ways of giving short-shrift to their employers, etc. By this, we definitely CANNOT generalize about ALL employees. Hope you get the point.

You had mentioned 'Current employer has relieved the candidate quickly with notice period waived......'. Any reason(s) given to you why that decision was taken? It's not necessarily ONLY because the employee asked for it.

Reg F&F taking 2 to 3 months, we know of cases where the individuals got their F&F Settlement cheques after they joined the new company--i think you are mixing-up the F&F process from the Accounts point-of-view with the rest of the process.

You mentioned 'if you can convince with your more progressive solutions, would be helpful'--can you pl elaborate on what you mean by 'more progressive'?

Pl note that the solutions suggested in this Forum are to focus on how-to solve the issues of the members--NOT to impress any particular member. What works for one member MAY NOT work for another, since situations are more likely to be different than not. Further, any post-mortem is essentially & ONLY to the extent to LEARN FROM IT--not to search/find ways of hitting back and/or indulge in negative responses--I presume this wasn't what you meant.

Is there any problem in trying-out what I suggested earlier--'Suggest MEET the HR of the earlier Employer...'? To the extent of the details mentioned so far, I guess this can be best way to RESOLVE the issue--if this has already been tried out, pl respond with details--what happened, etc.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
HR_COLUMN

Hello Again, You have given your time and tried to understand the issue,Thank you! As you said some employee jump without following bond rules, agreed-that why i have mentioned JUSTICE should be given to right people.

When I said Progressive Answer-It means-Is it Only Meeting HR only solution,you have also mentioned its personal call of the employee finally what he or she wants to do,Dispute,time consuming for employee...What are other solutions..is there any CONTROLLING authority for both Employee or Employer-apart from management-Any Institution which monitors all the cases genuinely in India..Time has come--we need to introspect on this..An independent institution where both employer and employee can write the griviences well.

There is no intention to impress or do any such-NO TIME PLZ! for this...Again Justic should be given to right people.

Again Mentioned..The Notice Period waived with discussion with Manager & HR team.Actually manager had waived the NOTICE period, May be that the case..HR team felt ignored while taking decisions.Any way, last news..talks are going on with HR-there was a small F& F settlement amount due which is why they are delaying the relieveing letter.But here every company relieve the candidate and then do F&F(Not mixing separately,it comes with this issue) The HR had sent mail of relieving, but did not put signature while sending mail of relieving-TRCIKS

Hope all is clear Now...If you need further details, please feel free to ask..Namaste!

From India, Bangalore
Ankita1001

There is always issues that (I do not point anybody and neither do I wish to speak on particular case) out of desperation we do something and forget something else.

You wanted to have a job with IBM, you applied, were shortlisted and were offered. You were asked to join asap for which you resigned and requested your former employer to relieve you asap. Your employer waived off your notice period and relieves you urgently. He sends you a confirmation over the email. Ofcorse, that does tell that you would be relieved, but anything official not written on letterhead and not bearing signature will not be treated official. you should have asked for relieving letter and should have known the reason for they holding it. A full and final is usually the settlement of all the dues with the employee. the time to settle FnF varies from company to company from 15days to 2months. It should be you who should be aware of diff policies. No other person can help.

You can do one thing: You can contact your employer or visit him and ask the matter. Ask if it is possible that your monetary dues are cleared eventually but you are relieved asap. Another possibility may be that you resigned saying personal problem while you have better opportunity. If you might have hidden this from them, they might not like it, unless you had really good relations.

Just try talking and hope it works out. Wish you luck

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.