VK Sathyajit

Vikas,
I agree with you.
I work as a Training Manager for a MNC, have been seeing that the quality of people is poor, because HR makes compromises as second line or first line managers want their vacancies filled at any cost, because its they who suffer in terms of meeting the objectives. Some of the new recruits make rapid progress others just hang on till they get a firm footing and move on to greener pastures. The people who leave for Banking/Insurance are people with fairly good standing in the company with good communication and result focus.

Vani Mullapudi
Dear All,

Wish you all a healthy, happy n prosperous 2008. I fully agree with Vikas on the level of people applying for MR positions. Apart from giving feed back a trainer should also collect feed back from their respective managers so that you can use them in training need analysis. Apart from planning Induction programs you can even plan refresher trainings, Managerial development programs using internal as well as external faculties. In all managerial development programs for sales managers of different levels as well as Product Management team,please take action plans from them which should be reviewd in the next module.

Please brainstorm with Sr. management before making a policy on training and obtain a strong commitment from them to support the learning & development activity. You can also create a feed back form and collect feedback from trainees on the training program which would at times help us in understanding the improvements needed in the program.

In case any one of you have competency mapping forms/ materials specific to Pharma industry, I request you to share them.

Regards,

Vani

From India, Pune
isidora1974

Hello Prasanna,

I worked five years in HR in pharm industry. What I can tell is that med reps need is a set of different soft skills trainings:

1. business verbal and non-verbal communication

2. assertiveness - in order to have courage to knock on the door and face the colleague who might be more educated than them

3. how to deal with difficult people - in order to get idea what to do with doctors that are important to them, but are likely to give hard time to med reps

4. presentation skills - how to deliver good presentation in front of the large audience (eg. doctors morning meeting)

5. negotiation skills - learning win-win approach is essential in this business

and a bit of sales skills:

1. Sales process: entering doctor's office, greeting, exploring needs, presenting product relevant to the doctor (not med rep), handling objections, call for business, end of conversation.

2.CRM (customer relationship management) - importance of establishing long term relationship with doctors and how to achieve it

Those would be trainings useful for sales force. Please send me your e-mail so that I could send you presentation that might be useful.

Best regards,

Isidora

From Serbia, Belgrade
Vani Mullapudi
Hi Isidora, Please mail the presentation in this site so that it would be useful for all of us. Regards, Vani
From India, Pune
isidora1974

Hello Vani, here is the presentation about starting sales conversation. Best regards, Isidora
From Serbia, Belgrade
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt how_to_start_sales_conversation_376.ppt (831.0 KB, 1582 views)

Vani Mullapudi
Hi Isidora, Thank you for sharing the slides. The information collected from the refernce- International journal of Medical Marketing was too good. Regards, Vani
From India, Pune
kundalia
I can give u teh tips provided u tell me which type of products ur company makes and ur objectives for training MR.:)
From India, Mumbai
basantbudania
we have all general products like antibiotics, multivitamins, calcium preprations and others in tablet capsule and injectable forms
From India, Delhi
pinakinpatel09

dear Prasanna, for which company you are working? i am also working as a trainer in MNC pharma co.
From India, Ahmadabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.