No Tags Found!

PriyankaDangey

Dear All,
I am working with an Educational Company as AM- HR.
I would like to take a suggestion from all of you.
There is an employee in my Company about whom i came to know that he is planning to leave the Company; but if we are asking him he is straightforward denying it. and now, it's the month end, and we need to give the salaries, i had full doubt, then he'll leave the Company once he'll get the Salary, so what should we do.
He is taking the classes and also is taking care of the Center; so in case he'll leave all at once. The center will be in trouble. What should I do ?? Please suggest..

From India, Delhi
tpankhuri

Hi Priyanka
Ethically you have no rights to stop the salary of the person. If he has decided to leave your company he will no one can have a hold on that....... All what you need is to talk to the person taking him in confidence if he is not open to it the let him put his paper then before accepting his resignation you can ask your management to sit with him and find out the reason for quitting and can eradicate the reason.... there could be a reason with that employee for leaving your company and if he is such a asset to your company that your company should do all possible measures to stop him from going......

From India, Mumbai
PriyankaDangey

Dear All,
I am working with an Educational Company as AM- HR.
I would like to take a suggestion from all of you.
There is an employee in my Company about whom i came to know that he is planning to leave the Company; but if we are asking him he is straightforward denying it. and now, it's the month end, and we need to give the salaries, i had full doubt, then he'll leave the Company once he'll get the Salary, so what should we do.
He is taking the classes and also is taking care of the Center; so in case he'll leave all at once. The center will be in trouble. What should I do ?? Please suggest..

From India, Delhi
shiva_HRM

Hi Priyanka,
Remember "No company should depend on employees and employee should not depend on company".
Do you have any HR policy in place? like recruitment, appointment, PMS, Exit formalities. If so, You have to relieve him as per the notice period.
If not, Take him for the discussions, try to convince him to be in the firm. You don't have rights to hold his salary as per the law .
Regards,
Shiv

From India, Bangalore
Uma_avs
Hi Priyanka,
I am totally ageeable with Shiva. You can try to delay him quiting the job by the official policies but not by stopping his salary.
Speak with him try to understand his problem, if possible solve and retain him.
Or else, start looking for some other person immediately.
Thks,
Uma.

From India, Calcutta
PriyankaDangey

Dear All,
Thanks a lot for the Prompt response.
I agree to what you said, even i don't want to hold anyone's salary. I've tried to talk to the employee about the same. But he has denied that he's not planning to leave right now.
Secondly, what I believe is in case he'll be leaving and joining somewhere else, then the only reason behind that will be salary increment; that we cannot give him right now, as the current scenario is not so good.
But this is unprofessional at his end, in case he leaves the Company in the Middle.
We do have exit policy, according to which he has to serve 1 month's Notice Period, but in case; he denies to serve the Period; so is it ethical to take the legal action against him.
Regards,
Priyanka

From India, Delhi
sanjeevntpl

Pls note that you cannot stop the salary of employee though you have known or have come to know that he is going to leave until and unless he tenders his resignation. Pls note that once he gives his resignation then only you can stop his salary and advice accounts dept for his full and final settlement. Regarding retaining him i agree with our friends advice. You can offcourse in the element of doubt advice accounts not to remit his salay in bank and can make the paymnet through cash mode without letting the employee know this and may be under the impression that on 1st or 2nd his salary may go to back he may put his resignation on that day. So you can complete the process of F & F there after.
sk

From India, Delhi
tpankhuri

Hi Priyanka

please find my views in RED

I agree to what you said, even i don't want to hold anyone's salary. I've tried to talk to the employee about the same. But he has denied that he's not planning to leave right now. Trust Him!!!!!

Secondly, what I believe is in case he'll be leaving and joining somewhere else, then the only reason behind that will be salary increment; that we cannot give him right now, as the current scenario is not so good. Then try to hold him by giving some kind of Bonus, Reward or promotion, Job Enrichment, Increasing span of control.

But this is unprofessional at his end, in case he leaves the Company in the Middle. This is not at all unprofessional as he has full rights to think about his future.

We do have exit policy, according to which he has to serve 1 month's Notice Period, but in case; he denies to serve the Period; so is it ethical to take the legal action against him. There is no provision where in you can take some ethical action against him. He just needs to pay you 1 month’s salary and if he has accumulated some leaves he can get then adjusted in full n final of himself against the recovery.

From India, Mumbai
Shikha_Singh

Dear Priyanka,
You already know the cause of the problem - Money! Look whether you can solve it, by giving an increment to the employee. If not, then just let him go; and you look for someone else. There cannot be any other solution to this...

From India, Mumbai
rahulbaweja
Hi Priyanka
As everybodytels you can not stop the salary of the person. First you need to understand whether that person is an asset to ur company. i f yes then yuhave to retain him. But you cant force him also. I he is working in ur firm for long period then you have an upper hand because he wil defenitely ask for the experience letter. since your company is ;having exit policies then you can indirectly somehow tell him that if he is leaving with out any notice period then he will not get an experience letter. and meanwhile i suggest you to hire a new employee
Regards
Rahul

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.