No Tags Found!

jayanthap
Hello,
This could happen do to two things in my openion.
(a) The new organization's (your superiour's) culture is that they are used to disregard juniour's.
(b) May be few things you did might not met with their expectation and now you have been pushed to a exit track..
Mainly:
(a) Concentrate on the job, look at the lighter side always, do not complain, always appriciate everything, even smallest things at office. Show that you are a positive minded person. Demonstrate that you are different and they might correct their way of thinking.
(b) Read more about HR (relevant to your job) and give steady and firm but short comments at meetings etc to show that YOU KNOW A LOT bot DO NOT TALK MUCH. (Theory of iceberg)
This revelution might take few months. Also remember, "Body language" is a very important thing in offices. Me smart and act smart but talk less. Do not discuss negative matters with anybody at office.

From Sri Lanka
shubhasen
Shweta,

You have received a lot of good advice so far except the one that asked you to quit:icon1:. Humbly let me share my experience with you. I have just joined a new org as Assoc VP HR and i can truly understand your apprehension and fear as I'm facing a few myself. But my expreience so far (16 years) tells me its those people who stick to their convictions and beliefs in tough situations who are the real winners in the long run.
Please remember all change will come with some pain and discomfort. The quicker you can adopt to change the better it will be for you. You are young and just starting your career be open to people/new environments and new learnings. Always look at bad experiences as examples you will never emulate in the future and sow positivley in your own life and in others, you will reap great benefits, be patient and stick with it. All situations are not permanent change is inevitable and believe that your contribution however small initially will make a difference. Persistence pays in all circumstances....

Warm Regards dear....
Shubha

From India, Mumbai
Akhouri Nishant

Hi Shweta,
First of all I want to tell you that things like this keep on heppening in life. Lets come to the solution, I think you are not fitting in the culture of this company. I believe the over all culture of your previous company was much liberal and democratic compared to your present organisation. I will give you few suggessation which is below -
1) You have to first understand the culture of this company as how people behave with their bosses and try to adjust acccordingly.
2) While entracting with your bosses be clear what you have to say, never be in a confused state of mind.
3) Don't take too much of load on your head just plan your day, , be confident of what you have done and what you are going to do, wear good cloths, talk less and be serious.
4) Read some good books on Management and attitude building.
Try to do this for 15 days, I am sure you will be in a better position.
Regards,
Akhouri Nishant

From India, New Delhi
Shweta.HR

Dear Members,
I have got your points as to where you all wants me to do except for one who suggested me to quit the job. I will for sure follow all these suggestions. I have taken 1 initiative from yesterday i.e. sending qoute of the day to everyone in my office. Everyone has appreciated me for this. This is very small thing that I have done. Slowly slowly, I wil take few more initiatives that I have kept in my mind. Going forward, I will do whatever you all have suggested me. I am feeling great and I appreciate that you all have taken your precious time from your busy schedule.
I promise that I will definately follow the same thing except to quit the job.
Thanks a lot to everyone who have put in their efforts and to guide me to choose the right way. Thanks a ton for putting me at the right track.
Thanks and Regards,
Shweta

From India, New Delhi
santosh_shrimal

hi shweta
Please do not take any action or decision on your own, for which you are not authorised. work hard b'coz you are on your probation period. Point out your quiries to your seniors senceraly it will help you to be experienced. WORK HARD
USE TRIPLE C for your quiries, it will definately help you to solve your problems
C: - COMMUNICATE means communicate your problem with appropriate person
C: - Co - OPERATE means Co - OPERATE him / her to get on the solution
C: - Challange means after getting the solution take it as Challange and final it.
IS IT OK OR NOT
Santosh Shrimal

From India, Mumbai
ferns
Hi Sweta
If our work is not appreciated we lose our heart and get upset from the output and this often happens.
I would suggest that even if your seniors dont appreciate your work ask them where you have gone wrong and try to make corrections.
If you lose your confidence and dont show the work you have done,for them they wont understand your capabilities.
Last but not the least your senior may take some time to understand your capabilities so chill and you try to understand how they would like you to work.
Regards
Ferns

From India, Mumbai
sswatikapoor

Hi Sweta,
First of all: stop worrying. The fact that you are not experienced will be in their back of mind so they are taking you lightly. But you proove your credibility then they will trust you and also remember in probation many employee data wont be given excess to you.
Give your best and dont ever think abput termination. Keep gaining knowledge from varied sources and try to do part time courses also as you said that you have a lot of free time. Rajiv gandhi University has a lot of scope for girls and even charge very minimal.
Keep up the spirits.
Regards
Swati

From India, Bangalore
tittli

Dear Shweta,

Going through your posts a no. of questions came to my mind.

It seems you were quite happy with ur previous work environment, & your boss then why did u take a leap, was it only for salary reasons?

Since you had a habit of getting feedback from ur previous boss about ur work, you must be in a position to analyze ur areas of strengths & weaknesses. Being in HR u might also be in a position to understand how u can use your strengths to your advantage & overcome your weaknesses.

Since u have moved on to a corporate environment, did'nt you ask for ur job profile during your interview? Then why is it that u don't have much work to do?

You feel that your seniors are not happy with you, you have no work in your present job, you feel you are being sidelined by your superiors perhaps because of your qualifications & expereince. You feel a constant need to get the feedback of your performance form your superiors. I think dear, you do not have self confidence.

Maybe, you have not been able to come out of the aura of your previous organization. I am not sure whether that was also a corporate house. Every organization & its culture is different. What works for one may not work for another.

So, what I suggest is relax and analyze the reason for your depression. Is it because you under rate yourself because of your education & experience? Is it because you need constant approval from your superiors? Have you been really able to adjust to your new company and its culture? Is your attidue about ur comapny and its people & culture relally positive? You will find out the answers for yourself. Once you identify the cause for ur depression, work to improve the situation.

Remember only if u have faith in urself will others place their faith in u.
So first of all shake of the practices of your previous company and accept the corporate culture of your organization positively. Understand how the HR dept. of this organization works, in what areas of HR are you good at -is it recruitment, training or any other area. Then meet your reporting authority and request him for a meeting. Tell him politely but firmly your problems and fears. Tell him the area where your expertise lies in & how you feel you can contribute to the dept. Ask him to assign some work in that area and meet his expectations. Don't consider your seniors as your enemies. Even if you are good at something or u feel u know something better than ur seniors from ur previous expereince, remember give importance to ur seniors after all they will expect respect from u for their seniority. After a while thing will change & u will be given more authority & freedom. Maintain a positive & cheerful attitude b'coz depression can only jeopardize ur efficieny.

Don't worry, things will work out well but remember never loose faith in yourself.

From India, Bharuch
sujjoshi
Shweta,
Chill things happen but der are always way to rectify them.I dont know about your personality whether you can be aggressive or no.But if my suggestion is to be taken.Start hunting for new job if even after taking efforts situation does not improve.It should not happen that even you tolerate the nonsense and continue here with no work for another year and luckily get a chance for an interview at more structured organization what are you going to say about your work which you have done.stability will be considerd as an issue if you leave but you can always discuss everything clearly in the interview about why u wish to leave in such a short time.May be you will have to give 10-15 interviews to get a right working culture or an understanding a learing atmosphere but once you get it.... it will be great. so shweta chill and go get it ( i am advising you out of my own experience)

From India, Pune
Ann M

Shweta, you are feeling so depressed and sad mainly because you were quite independent in your earlier job ? What made u leave then ? This job is deffferent. All jobs and people will not be same everywhere. Anyway just face this as it comes. Don't lose confidence. I can feel that you are losing your confidence. No man is perfect. To err is human. Try to recover from your mistakes. Try not to repeat them. Let your seniors see the will power in you , how determined you are to improve yourself. Read a lot. Improve in the areas you feel you are not like them. Slowly you will make friends or at least try to win one colleagues confidence. Then you can take feedback from him/her as to why and where you need to develop.
And dear HR friends, at least respond to our such guests who need advices during such time. Strange she had to ask so many times. Sorry Shweta, I have also been too late in replying. Actually I read ur mail only today.
Ann M

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.