No Tags Found!

pandit

Hi
C for every human being we need to give chances to rectify or correct oneself in life, which u have given to her. u have warned her so many times , still she is giving reasons. Tell her she cant give her own reasons for her absence.
Give a writen notice to her. she has to value her work.
If she is not regular, then inform to ur higher authorities and u be cool, so tht u can concentrate on ur work atleast.
Any way all the best
Regards,
Nirupama

From India, Madras
Shantanu Jahagirdar
Its really a problem for male bosses,I think one should try to understand her problem if its really a guinine one,if not the best solution for such problems can be get frm a classic book "One Minute Manager".(The Best will Be Rewarded And The Least Will Be Reprimanded-quote)U can find solution from this book.One minute reprimand would make her feel attitude change.And dont show that she is the only one who could execute the job,if she is capable of becoming ASSET to the company then only try to retain her,if not dont.Because the compay's bottomline objective is to earn profit.This doesnt mean that you should become rude to such employees.This is not only with female its also with male employees.So please dont get misunderstand my female friends,i just placed my views.I respect that candidate who is asset to company irrespective of sex.And would like to suggest each one of mine HR friend to go through the "One Minute Manager" Book.Its really good.
From India, Pune
Shantanu Jahagirdar
Dear Hari,
this is a fine oppurtunity that u can utilize for ur research.I am still learning,so i wud b a wrong person to suggest u.But i wud like to tell u something,one of my friend is in a manufacturing cmpy,his GM suggested him to specialize in Total Reward Management.So i am suggeting you,360 degree is 1 of the best method to execute appraisal.This is a common method that you might b knowing,but when u will execute this u will taste the real essence.n please share with me also .bye

From India, Pune
hsankararaman
Mr. Ravi,

I really appreciate your human approach! You are really good at heart! We are all human beings first rather than saying as professionals! Sir, I am not a HR Professional or HR Executive to advocate to retain or detain an employee. I am working as an Accountant in a private organization and I just expressed my personal notion on the subject, so that Ms.Sohini may be able to take correct judgement.

Sir, I myself know the pain of termination or threat of termination. But my question is what is the point in keeping an employee, that too a trainee employee, who had no discipline towards the job (leaving the Job during working hours without proper intimation) , no discipline towards time, no discipline towards systems, no discipline in the behavior towards the senior manager of her Organization.

Self-respect is essential for everybody whether for an employee or for an employer! Expecting an employee, that too a professional employee (the trainee lady may be a high level Professional and she may be extraordinary) - to work at the cost of Self-respect is bad on the part of the Organization. The organization was not intended for that.

In the same way, there is no necessity on the part of the Organization to tolerate undisciplined attitude of an employee, whatever may be the extraordinary talent the employee possess and whatever may be the trade secrets the employee knows. What is the Point in employing a person who don't have any respect for the Organization where he / she is working.

An Organization consists of so many number of Organs! All are important! I never deny that! But one Organ is damaging the Other or paves the way to damage the Other Organs, what is the Point in Keeping? Simple Logic! Replace it! For example, eye is an important Organ in my human body! But if it is useless and it is going to damage my heart and life, then what is the point in keeping the eye, whatever beautiful it may be! I have to remove the damaged one and replace it with another!. That is it!

An Organization has its own policy and procedures that has to be adhered to. My Only suggestion to Ms.Sohini is apply the Company Policy. That is it Mr.Ravi.

Thanks & Regards,
H.Sankararaman

karath

Hello,
I feel that this problem girl cannot be reformed by the HR solutions. She probably has been brought up in an atmosphere loaded with with prejudices and indifferent. Or may be having gender based prejudices. Now a days such youngsters are creating dischord in a disciplined office atmosphere. YOu should have the patienence to bear their such behaviour and wait for the time frame when they may fal lin line with the orderly group, This can take place, when something important/event takes place in their life. If you cant, better wash off her. Imbibing value system either in the schools or at the family has disappeared. HR professionals are left with to do those things. Best of luck.
Karath AK
Sr. Manager (HR)

From India, Gurgaon
lavinderkaur84
She mite b upset due to her family problems . arrange an alternative for her who can manage to do that project (its better to take any internal person) and tell that girl to take a break of 2 to 3 weeks and come back with out any tension and with great energy to give your best to the organization . "Dont let us feel that we have made any mistake by recruiting and selecting you". "If you want to have a healthy relationship with our oraganization them you should follow organization's norms."
I m Rite???
Regards
Lavinder
HR Manager

From India, Delhi
andymahe2

Hi----as have gone thru the contents, enough opportunities have been made already. But she is not changing her behavior. This may set a very bad precedent in the organization. If I am not wrong, she thinks that she is indispensible for the organization and the organization is also in the similar way of thinking. As a responsible team leader of the project, sure she must aware all discipline procedures. Here you need to see, why she is intentionally delaying the project by absenting herself to office, Is she has any connection with your competitor company who also handle such and same kind of projects or Is her boy friend or husband or somebody (when you started snooping something, you need to go out of the box thinking, may or may not be useful but…..) in the same project in other companies……it has happened and we experienced it………….why not you explore those possibilities to understand her behavior……if anything so…..throw her out of the organization and set a lesson to others. Your views please….
From India, Mumbai
praveen7602
Hi,
If you ask me, I think that:
1. the girl must be filled with pressure.
2. the girl thinks that ' if she is not there the project will close'
3. the girl is looking out some were.
4. the girl is not able to handle pressure.
The best thing to do is to:
1. try to take her pressure off from her.
2. be friednly and act as if you care about her a lot.
3. talk to her what is her problem.
4. if nothing is working start looking for a replacement for her and train that person for the same.
5. the mistake you have done is telling that girl that the project is suffering because of your absence. The the girl will take advantage of it.
I hope this will help you. I also face this problem in my office and i tried all tha bove mentioned points. It worked out for me.
Any more help mail me to -

From India, Madras
sohini basu roy

hello friends,
thanks for your suggestions.....
but i have a good news for all..... the girl is changing her attitude....... she is trying to come in time.... i know its not possible to be perfect in a day....
but am ready to give her some time...... i know she will be jst like before...... she realised thats enough for me........
now the thing is how long... i will have to keep an eye that her this change persist.......
THANKS ALOT FRIENDS

From India, New Delhi
ChandrikaA

I go with comments given by Runa.
Inspite of you being very friendly to sort this out, if it continued, you have to take this up with the reporting manager in writing and also the company policy should be such that you just have to refer to the clause in the policy, which enables you to send out an email to the Employee and the reporting manager and thereon give a month notice or even without notice remove the person for misconduct or indiscipline even after repeated counceling/warnings...By being too very friendly and patient with such a kind of people you may end up seeing many more following her...Take care.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.