madhu.hr

I totally agree to what Madhu and Vasant sir have got to say on this.Having an employee on board who has these kinds of behavior is not a good idea in the long run. Also, during the enquiry, if you find that these fights started for a simple or petty reason, the employee must be having some kind of mental disease like clinical depression or behavioral disorder. If at all we are taking him back, i advise he should undergo some kind of Psychiatric test to certify that he is mentally fit for work. Today,its just with hands, tomorrow, he might carry a weapon which can be dangerous for fellow workers. We had a similiar case in our office where an employee suddenly stood up from her seat and started abusing everybody around. Later, her parents told us that she is undergoing some mental trauma and that she is getting treatment for the same.
From India, Madras
agdesai
Man handling is a serious misconduct and should not be taken lightly. At the same time, uninterrupted production/service has to be ensured.
Under the circumstances, it is not ideal to suspend all. Best course would be to suspend 3-4 hard core elements who were in forefront. This will send a strong signal among employees about the need of discipline.
bye
agdesai

From India, Madras
meenakshi pandey
hi Ranjeet,
1st step : you should have taken that call all the staff members in meeting room who was involve in such acts and the witness too
2nd Step :Conduct a Domestic Enquiry on the employees and issue a chargesheet and suspend the employees till the inguiry is going on becoz beating a employees in front of other employees by the group of employees is a serious offence its a "misconduct" as the employee of Fand B department have lost its goodwill among the other employees so find out the Reason and take the necessary actions .
iI might be Harsh on my path but being a HR you should have Strong Heart and Mind

From India, Pune
arif_2009
hi, all just now i have taken i admission in M.B.A. in hrm, so kindly requested to suggest me what should be the first step to learn manageral skills Regards, Syed Mohammed Arif
From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
eme3004

I have just gone through the entire post and I would like to thank all of you who have shared their advice. I am impressed with your knowledge. Thankyou for unconciously contributing to my learning.
From India, Mumbai
jeeni

Dear All,

Greetings!

The recent update on the case is quite funny.

I can't believe that we as working in the HR Department can take this decision.

All of them are now free. Management had conducted enquiry about the above incident, the Culprits are now free, they all have given the Warning letter only about the decision + a warning letter to the victim also.

The accused who is a permanent employee has good relation witgh the people in Management. Our Executive chef had supported him. The whole on the spot written statements keep aside and given this decision to give all of them warning letters.

The victims also given a warning letter because Management thinks that he is also a part of whole event and they said that clap requires 2 hands.

Kindly go through my posting again and give your decision, the victim has 4 witness against the accused while only their are written statement of the acused about the victim.

The third indepandant party had also given statement in favour of victim.

Now my question is that in which direction we are moving. Discipline we have to take on serious note. Is this a correct step to be taken

What going on in Guragaon in automobile industry is a serious concern related to discipline.

The morale of the whole staff is too low and i have my hands tied.

The first thing that come in to the mind of employees is that Their is no use going to HR.

Please advice what to do.

Regards

Ranjeet

From India, New Delhi
K C S Kutty

Dear Ranjeet,
You asked the course of action to be taken. We had explained the legal position.
Now you may not be able to digest the action taken by the concerned. Keep cool.
You have done your duty only. You have to reconcile philosophically. You know it happens many places. Recently, you must have read in news that the cabin crew while flying had fight with other staff.
To err is human. To forgive is divine. Relax !!!

From India, Madras
Madhu.T.K

Prof Kutty has said it. If the management is not willing to take the proper direction why should you? You can at least relax that the management has not put everything on your shoulders and kept silent. It is the usual practice that the others will spoil a particular incident and finally the matter will be handed over to the Hr saying "it is an HR issue, take care of it". And remember if we could solve a matter, do not expect any recognition but if we fail to solve it, we will be shown the way out of the company! If that is the situation why should we become enemies of employees? Keep cool.
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
jeeni

Thanks Sir,
For your reply.
May be working for some more yaers will help me out.
Now when tommorrow siyutaion will come some bdy will beat the Hr person also, we cant blame any body.
If Management wants to inculcate this culture what we can do, nothing more.
Realdy for one more situtaion going in Guragaon.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Regards
Ranjeet

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.