harji.hr
I am from Hr Department. we have more then 14 sites in different - different state. we have two type of labour i.e. 1) contractor labour 2) Departmental labour. If we want to transfer One site's labour to another site, please suggest me what is the legal process for transfer of labour.
From India, New Delhi
sdas_80

Dear Harji,
Usually, the HR Member should discuss with the staff, with whom you would like to transfer verbally, inorder to understand his response for the same. If he agrees for the same, officially, we need to issue the transfer letter to the respective employee.
The second copy of the transfer letter has to be signed by the employee as an acknowledgement of acceptance for his transfer.
Along with the transfer letter, if there is any changes in the JD & Reporting structure - the same has to be communicated through the letter and has to be acknowledged.
Regards
Sunil

From India, Bangalore
boss2966

Please see the https://www.citehr.com/432872-transf...e-another.html thread, in which the same subject is being discussed.
The labour engaged through the Contractor are known as contract labour. They are not on your rolls. So you can easily pass the instruction to the contractor to engage the workforce directly to other site. For reference purpose you can give some referral letter to the contractor to the new site.
What is the meaning for Departmental Labour. Are you engaging them directly on your rolls or through some contractors. If they are directly engaged by you in Site Level, then here also you must give them Full and Final Settlement and instruct them verbally to report to the new Site and inform the new site to receive the Department worker who is going to engage in new job site.
These workers will be engaged newly everytime they change the site. If you give transfer order, then it will be considered that they are your permanent staff.

From India, Kumbakonam
vinaythakur
I presume departmental labour are your employees whose terms of employment are defined by the offer of appointment. If you have indicated in the offer of appointment that their job is transferable, then they can be transferred with a transfer order. So far as contractor\'s labour are concerned, you will be dealing with the contractor and their labour are none of your concern. You would be awarding the job to the job contractor and it is up to him/her how he/she gets the job done at your new site. However, if the contract labour are your own, then again you have to go by the contract of employment, if any. If there is none, then the contract labour needs to be convinced and in either case, the statute relating to migrant workers must be kept in mind while effecting transfer of contract labour from one state to another.

From India, Jamshedpur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.