Ranadeep Roy
Hi Guy,
I am currently working with a reputed IT Firm, according to our HR policies we have notice period of 3 months (which in my opinion is highly unjustified). The problem with it is, if I resign this organization I will have to serve a Notice Period of 3 months, so the next company I want to join may not be ready to wait for 3 months. So in this case what do I do? So I just wanted to know how important is reliving letter. The other company may ask me to join without it, but will it affect in the near future.
Please do let me know, what should a person do in such a scenario.

From United States, Columbus
fayeg

Hi,
A relieving letter is very important; in terms of future reference. You should always have letters from organizations where you have worked.
In your case, since getting a relieving letter seems to be a big challenge, what I can suggest is that you can submit your resignation letter and have it acknowledged from your immedite superior. After you get this, you can call your new employer and confirm if they would accept this acknowledged resignation in place of the relieving letter.
All the best!
Faye

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
capricornabhi

Dear Mr. Ranadeep Roy,
In this case you can ask the other company to bear the burden of the notice priod amount i.e. the salary of three months. I don't think its going to harm your career in any way because no company will like to wait for more than a month.
Regards
Abhishek Bhowmik

From India, New Delhi
msv8200

Hi Guy
You should clarify whether you have to give 3 months notice or in lieu of notice. If in lieu of notice is given in your order you can pay 3 months salary in get yourself relived. The reason for asking notice period is to retain employee till new person joins in the post better you have stick for 3 months and leave the organisation.
Only alternative way is to resign 3 months in advance and search for the job before one month from the date you submit the resignation letter.
Legally as per model standing order act One month is the maximum under the act. Asking for 3 months and obliging is again to be tested in the court of law. They is no one going to the court. the chance of winning against insisting 3 months notice is very high. you can try this also.
regards
M S Viswanathan :oops:

From India, Chennai
hrananth
Hi,
good morning,
from the date of ur resignation work for at least one month and try to find a good candidate who can replace u and inform the superiors to interview him & if found fit to observe him & relieve u at the earliest.
2. inform ur management that they can take all ur Earned leave, ur working days in to account and the remaining amount as notice period loss. dont forget to take the reciept which u can demand where ever u go.
still in doubt, call on my cell.
warm regards,
Manager-HR
080-09341318928

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.