No Tags Found!

raga1628

Hi,

HR people work timing will depend on the work he/she has to handle at a particular point of time. HR job is a routine job. Moreover with various softwares like HRIS and People Soft etc, the workload of HR has come down. If the Policies and processes are in place than the work can be organized and completed on time. However, at times when you have an urgent manpower requirement to be filled in , when your bosses have certain letters to be prepared and dispatched to all employees on an urgent basis, during month ends- the work tends to stretch beyond your normal working hours.

However for HR guys who handle administration work, the work pressure is much more as he is responsible for the smooth functioning of all equipments in the office. They can be called upon in case of Power breakdown,theft, delay in transportation provided to Overseas Guests etc.etc.

To sum it up, HR professionals are equally hardworking and has to put in same hours of work as any other professional. There are normal days and hectic days in a every HR professional's work life.

raga
:-P

From India, Mumbai
gkspdcl@gmail.com
Dear Sanket,
I agree with ur opinion. At the same time i would like to tell about rectt poll between private and public sector. If any position wants to fill in private sector, minimum applications will receive. If in public sector thousands. When u compare with two, the nature of work in Govt. sector is very hard particularly in recruitment.
As a HR person in private sector can manage smoothly because the rules are very limited. But, now a days working as HR person in Govt. sector in certain areas is very tough and risky.
GK

From India, Nellore
S.Adeel Ahmed

i believe it is as and when required method. when we required we sits late otherwise it’s 9 to 6 only.
From Pakistan, Karachi
Shantanu Jahagirdar
To answer this question,i think that it does'nt depend on the time one is spending in the organization,all it depends is on how efficiently one is utilizing the time in benefiting the organization and himself.If output of something executed is profitable from all point of view spend more time on that.
Planning each day task to be accompolished will not only help to manage time as well as can help us in giving the output on time.It is said that"any one can live by working 8 to 5 hours,but SUCCESS is acheived by working 5 to 8 hours".
But friends i belive that,"If i get 8 hours to chop a tree,i would spend 5 hours in SHARPENING my AXE".

From India, Pune
r.vijey

Hi,
I work for a software development organisation. I have come across many HR professionals in my industry and other industries. I dont think industry does makes them work for extra hours. It's the need and their willingness makes the difference.

From India, Coimbatore
mawar
My experience as an HR practitioner........work around the clock....eventhough you are out of the office but there's always your colleagues whom will contact you anywhere & at anytime..........asking you on office matters.
Paperwork means from the time you clock-in to work (since HR is always the first to be in the office) till 7.00pm (most of the time)
So HR friends out there............do prepare yourself ........time management does not counts in HR line of work

From Malaysia, Shah Alam
lakshmisanal
Dear All, Some days HR will be hardly working. But there are days during month end appraisal,we used to sit for long hours. regards Lakshmi menon
From India, Kottayam
suhritaguin

very nice topic for discussion...
I feel that Hr job shouldn b a time bound job... It after all means managing people.. Sometimes when work is there even we have to wait and complete it bcoz of the deadlines. so its not that HR is time bound job..

From India, Pune
Deepadav
Hi,
Flexibility- is the keyword, if you are capable enough of organizing and finishing your work between 9-6, why do you even need to think of stretching its only when their is overload of work that you need to stretch hence keep yourself flexible to the demands of your organisation.
Thanks,
Deepa

From India, Hyderabad
sumasatish
I Think HR people is also same as other employees in an organisation. Since everybody has the shift timing, even HR should also have stipulated time like 9-6 or whatsoever. If they are able to complete all thier work between 9 hours, why should they have to stay for more than 9 hours? In times, when the work requires, it is the duty of all employees to complete the work and everybody has to do it.
And we shuold also think that even HR people is also a husband/wife/father/mother (a responsible peron) who has their families as others and it is their duty to see families also. If they stays more than 12 hours in office itself, what about thier duty at home when they need them.
Especially for girls, it applies a lot, because after their working hours, their children, inlaws wants her to perform home duty, if she extends her work at office only till late night, what about her family? If husband understand and co-operate with her then it is OK. otherwise it will again create a conflict.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.