sanjoodadroo@gmail.com
Dear Shish Ram,
Any employees joins company only after receiving Offer letter.So if the employees has that letter with him , then it is mandotory for the employer to send the Absconding letter to the employee if he had joined the company for a day only.
Sunjoo Dadroo

From India, New Delhi
gawalipankaj

firstly you have ask him to complete notice period then only you are liable to give him payment. but you have to generate his payment for filling legal dues such as pf and esi and pro tax. but you can hold his salary. send him warning letter of absenteeism. If he go for legislation then you have some documents to produce. He will make safe himself my saying that you have no given me letters, so you can say him that there is not appointment letter so there is no relation of employer and emmplyee so he can not claim for salary
From India, Mumbai
jaya25@sify.com

Nothing to be paid or worry, since he worked only for 2 days, no offer or appointment is issued, just neglect it. Dont reply or revert to his mails. In case his name is entered in attendance, just mention as observation, and then declare unauthorised absence and remove the name from attendance
From India, Bangalore
ttcitehr

Dear Ritu
We are all speaking of rules, regulations, right, wrong etc as if we were police men or military officers. Fortunately the very concept of HR is that every employee is an asset to the organization. Since he has worked for 2 days it is our moral obligation to pay him the salary for those days. If his appointment was irregular, we HR are squarely responsible for that. We always say "No work no pay", the converse is - "Since he worked, we have to pay". So pay his dues with grace and set a good example of a professional organization! Also please remember every outgoing employee is a good will ambassador for the Co.
Regards.
Dr. T. Thomas.

From India, Bangalore
Arvindsingh

. He had worked with your organization for two days and HR department did not issued appointment letter. Now you are not sure whether to pay him renumerations he is entitled for tendering two day work.

Think what happened if any mishappening/ accident occurred to employee. How your organization had paid compensation. It could be imagined.

If you kindly reflect these events especially by putting yourself in image of an employee who is going to join your organization. How you had felt two days after joining. Whatever you felt if you find it bad, it is because culture of organization. Sorry, HR has also contributed in this.

You as a HR recruited him. He joined. You accepted his joining to serve your company. It means he was worthy enough to be part of your organization. He stayed for two days. He felt something. He find some reason to leave. He believes in those reasons. And you lost him.

It is like love.

I humbly recommend, send him his two day salary. Ask his feedback. Try to think on it. Ask your management to wave off any notice period and at last never close your door for him.

By this small step you are going to make small change in organization culture. If ingrained, will invite new dawn of promises we hope yet to see…

From India, New Delhi
hopegovind

Agree,
in my past assignment I found that the person who was in my place was doing the same mistake. I immediately stopped it and at the time of joining only, I made it compulsory to sign appointment letter.
Regards
Govind

From India, Mumbai
hopegovind

Well,
first of all check whether your company has standing order or common handbook
if you wish not to pay you can go by the rule mentioned there
but
the most important question is why this employee decided to leave within 2 days? You must introspect on it.
About legal complications, Nothing will happen as nobody is going to fight a legal battle for 2 days salary.
Govind

From India, Mumbai
kumaresank

No offer/appointment letter sent to employee means no terms of employment.
I have no idea what kind of post the employee held with organization & responsibilites conferred on him. From your queries i could understand the job performed by the said employee could be done any other employee. In such circumstance, if you feel that the employee had made cheated the management or days salary is huge to paid, then stop paying him. Else disburse it.

From India, Tiruchchirappalli
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.